FraggyTDI's Zippy Commuter

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
Thanks Guys!

I have a few questions for the internetz
1. Do I need the vacuum ball?
2. How are people venting coolant with the EGR deleted. I was considring putting a t fitting on the hose going to the heater core.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
1) No, but it's a good idea

2) Just connect the line from the top of the cylinder head to the coolant reservoir and you'll be good. I think I just used the existing hoses and connected them with a union.

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
1) No, but it's a good idea

2) Just connect the line from the top of the cylinder head to the coolant reservoir and you'll be good. I think I just used the existing hoses and connected them with a union.
1. Will keep the vacuum ball. I'll route a straight line with no check valve.

2. Not sure if I have this line on the top of the cylinder head.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I run without the the vacuum ball, you will have a hard brake pedal just after you start up, then it's fine after that. I've tracked my car and it was fine.

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
I received my custom made line and it fits like a glove.

Also got the engine installed last night. Finished a lot of connection points, mounted the shifter mechanism. Have a few electrical connections I need to find the mates for still. Over all things are going pretty smoothly.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Where's the LIKE button, so clean and shiny, :cool:

What did you use for the return?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It lives!!! Nice job, can't wait to see some video of it tearing down the street.

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
So the engine runs, sounds good, however my low pressure oil light keeps coming on. So I waited to get my VEI gauge hooked up which I mangaged tonight. I zerod it then started the car. Oil pressure is sitting at 60psi at idle. Does this sound about right? I know in the BS delete thread and guy mentioned 50 psi at idle. I guess I could account for the extra pressure due to cold temps. Oil is most definitely getting pump through to the filter. Is it common to have that sensor go out? Or it could possibly not be reading right due to the engine swap/retune.

Thoughts?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I think the low pressure switch closes at ~7 psi/0.5 bar or something like that.

I have not heard of them going bad frequently, however they're easy to test with a multimeter or test light.

You can also just pull the wire off and ground it and see if the light goes out/stays out. If not, then it might be a tune issue.

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
I think the low pressure switch closes at ~7 psi/0.5 bar or something like that.

I have not heard of them going bad frequently, however they're easy to test with a multimeter or test light.

You can also just pull the wire off and ground it and see if the light goes out/stays out. If not, then it might be a tune issue.
When I pull the wire off the sensor it's stops going off. I'm guessing this isn't correct?

However I'm going to have faith in my oil pressure sensor and move forward with finishing everything up.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I don't know the specific logic - most of them are a sourced input that gets pulled to ground when the switch is closed (pressure is above spec).

That way if the wire comes off/breaks it tells you that you have low oil when you might not rather than the other way around.

Since there is only one wire to the switch it's grounded at some point, I just don't know when.