• Just took the cash

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Kept the TDI

Votes: 23 7.1%

• Total voters

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
It was mentioned in the turn in data tracking thread that it would be nice to see how many poeple have replaced their TDIs with another VWAG product. I thought I would start a poll and a thread. This is not intended to be a discussion on why you chose what. There are a lot of ther threads that already do that. This is intended to be a very simple poll to see who goes with what.

I have allowed for multiple answers since I know there are others like me that own more than one of the effected vehicles.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Might be nice to track - Driving till Sept 18, or something along that line.. You already have one for those that will just out right keep their tdi. Just a thought

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There is no poll option for domestic, non-big-3. We have a deposit on a Tesla Model 3.

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I had to replace 2 cars.. another VW but gasser, and a volvo. Very happy with both! I don't hate VW for being caught skirting BS regulations.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Surprising poll so far...

I would think VW Corporate and even the manufacturing plants have low morale with job cuts, etc....

Would make sense if it's low morale, low staffing to manufacture new VW's that the build quality would become half a$$ed.....I wouldn't want to buy a half a$$ed built VW.

I'm waiting on a factory order Subaru WRX.

Cayman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
There is no poll option for domestic, non-big-3. We have a deposit on a Tesla Model 3.
I'm number 63,000 in line, ordered before the unveiling on-line. I'm betting all TDI's will be returned or repaired before I get my Model 3 :eek:

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
I do as well. I reserved it pre-reveal on 3/31, but online, not at the store. Cannot wait for the part 3 reveal!

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
I'm number 63,000 in line, ordered before the unveiling on-line. I'm betting all TDI's will be returned or repaired before I get my Model 3 :eek:
Agreed. It is a painful wait, but hoping for the best.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We placed our order at 6:30pm on announcement day, so we aren't far off from your place in line. I think you're right that most or all of the TDI settlements will be complete by the time the Model 3 hits the market. Fortunately, VW gave us TDI owners until September 2018 to make a decision.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Pfft. At the rate VW is processing documents we'll all be able to buy flying cars with our buyback checks.

jjm

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE; 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg (replaced 2012 Golf Hatch (Bought back by VW)
It was mentioned in the turn in data tracking thread that it would be nice to see how many poeple have replaced their TDIs with another VWAG product. I thought I would start a poll and a thread. This is not intended to be a discussion on why you chose what. There are a lot of ther threads that already do that. This is intended to be a very simple poll to see who goes with what.

I have allowed for multiple answers since I know there are others like me that own more than one of the effected vehicles.
Thanks for setting this up! I'll hold off until the deal is done in 3 weeks.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Took delivery of a Benz GLC 4M 11/19/2016.
How you like it? Give me some info on it. How's the drive, gas mileage? I ordered a 2017 GLC 4matic with premium 3 package and night package on it ordered end of August suppose to be here beginning of January. How are those run flat tires?

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I've already bought half the replacement for the Jetta. Got a CPO 2012 Nissan Leaf SL for a very good price. No decision yet on the other half but something with AWD has some appeal since it does snow here.

edofloat

TDI
Sportwagen
How you like it? Give me some info on it. How's the drive, gas mileage? I ordered a 2017 GLC 4matic with premium 3 package and night package on it ordered end of August suppose to be here beginning of January. How are those run flat tires?

Only put about 250 miles on it thus far but I must say it has easily met my expectations and exceeded them. Really LOVE the Distronic, it works as advertised, a must have.

We had a winter storm Friday and I drove it home from the dealer Saturday morning on dry pavement then ice and compacted snow. Tires seem sure footed and have good traction, the ride is good; roads in northern MN are ****ty wheel bending rough as a cobb roads and the car rides exponentially better than the TDI on these surfaces. Thinking of getting another set of wheels and some Nokian Hakkas for winter. Going to keep the jack and tools from the TDI since the Benz didn't come with any.

Not sure on MPG but am guessing it will not meet EPA estimates, however, I was driving 75 into a headwind and getting about 23 mpg, so at 60 without wind it *might* get 28 mpg. It does have plenty of acceleration, I did get to try the GLC43 Saturday too, it is a rocket.

I placed my order at the end of August too and it hit the port in Baltimore November 10.

The intelligent LED headlamps are absolutely fantastic!!! Would like to have a 250d instead of the 300 but after VW it seems that any manufacturer will be reluctant to bring diesel to the states.

I used my $500 VW dealership card to buy the deep MB branded Weathertech floor mats, fillable flacon, cargo tray, and the coat hanger kit for the seat.

Last edited:

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Very very nice congratulations. I was really looking forward for a diesel GLC but my sales guy told me it's over for Mercedes here in the US. Maybe again in 3-5 years but he said he doubts it. But anyways I can't wait till it comes in. Won't be the same in fuel consumption with a TDI but I dreamt don't care anymore. GLC43 is WOW of what I've read haven't driven it and don't want to because if I do I know will take that home instead of what I ordered. So I'm trying to save myself the extra 15k and staying away. I will
be doing the same in keeping the jack and tool and the spare tire. I'm
Excited and glad another VW brother picked up a GLC.
Enjoy what you got that's a perfect Xmas present.
Happy Holidays

ivebeeneverywhere

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (buyback someday)
I saw a Car and Driver article, a recent one, that Mazda will bring a diesel CX-5 here in 2017 but I'll believe it when I see it.

edofloat

TDI
Sportwagen
Very very nice congratulations. I was really looking forward for a diesel GLC but my sales guy told me it's over for Mercedes here in the US. Maybe again in 3-5 years but he said he doubts it. But anyways I can't wait till it comes in. Won't be the same in fuel consumption with a TDI but I dreamt don't care anymore. GLC43 is WOW of what I've read haven't driven it and don't want to because if I do I know will take that home instead of what I ordered. So I'm trying to save myself the extra 15k and staying away. I will
be doing the same in keeping the jack and tool and the spare tire. I'm
Excited and glad another VW brother picked up a GLC.
Enjoy what you got that's a perfect Xmas present.
Happy Holidays
I thought about keeping the spare too, but I'm not sure it will work if the VW spare is a 15"...if it is a 16" it *might* work, the brake rotors on the front are huge compared to the TDI. The bolt pattern is the same, but the offset is a bit different, the VW is about 15mm more. Guess I'll try and see if it fits. I'm pretty sure the Macan inflatable spare would work, but they are like $500.

Would rather use the VW spare if it fits.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I am planning on buying a 2017 JSW TSI manual. Financing with 0 down.
Then taking cash from buyback & buying wrecked low mile TDI Se & up=grading interior to leatherette or leather.
After warranty swapping motors

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Surprising poll so far...

I would think VW Corporate and even the manufacturing plants have low morale with job cuts, etc....

Would make sense if it's low morale, low staffing to manufacture new VW's that the build quality would become half a$$ed.....I wouldn't want to buy a half a$$ed built VW.

I'm waiting on a factory order Subaru WRX.
Why do you think they would have low morale? Other than in Passat's made in Tennessee the cars are foreign made. I am sure those workers couldn't care less that VW is having issues in the USA. They are still making a ton of cars and getting paid.

Floader

TDI
2014 Jetta DSG
Trying to make a deal on a 2016 GTI Autobahn as I type this. Fun car, now if they would just take another $1000 off it would be mine!

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
I personally am taking this opportunity to be debt free for a few years (minus apartment rent). I know the process is not moving along how everyone would like. VW should have never given the timelines they did. They knew exactly how massive this process was going to be (the numbers are there for them to see). I am 26 years old and just started college after the Military. I feel incredibly blessed to have my car bought back for thousands more than what I paid for it (paid $18,900) (buyback $22,600ish). I am moving to Chicago for school, I will use a bicycle, rideshare services (lyft,uber), and public transportation to get around. Not paying on a car that I do not really need will help me tremendously to save money. VW unfortunately has lied to us regarding the buyback process. Given that fact, It does not change how I feel about life. It's easy to get down in the dumps when you let your emotions run wild. Remember we are all in control of how we feel, and we are all in this TOGETHER! Do not let VW change your state of mind. The money is coming, and it will be sooner rather than later. Stay positive, enjoy time with your family and friends, have an amazing Thanksgiving, and remember to stay THANKFUL!

C3156

Veteran Member
TDI
All sold
I actually purchased a used GTI with 1/2 the miles of my TDI. Buy back will more than pay for the car and a few extra goodies. Will be free and clear once I turn in the TDI.

I will miss the mileage of the TDI, but a turbo 4 is a heck of a lot of fun.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Will be terminating the JSW lease and selling my fleet of TDIs for the money. Already bought an Audi RS4 as a replacement already this year, so marked down VWAG.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm keeping my '11 golf for now. And picking up a 2 door manual GTI next week. I guess I'm not carrying too much baggage. Lol.