www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old November 12th, 2016, 16:31   #46
MacBuckeye
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 40 avrg, 46.5 best

Wow! I got a response in two days. And it was on a Saturday. Completed the final step and scheduled buyback for Dec. 7th. Earliest I could have picked was Dec. 2nd.

Looks like the dealership I'm going to only has appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays. About 6 appointments per day.

Good luck everyone. Hope the final stages of this goes smoothly for all of us.

PS.
Great timing on the last email from VW. I just bought a new car about 3 hours ago! 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE. Same color as my Jetta. Looks great in the driveway!
Old November 12th, 2016, 16:33   #47
Dr. D
Veteran Member

Just received my appointment email. I'm in NJ.
Scheduled for Dec 1st, seems to be the earliest date i could find. Most dealers had either one or two dates per week-time slots available.

Last edited by Dr. D; November 12th, 2016 at 16:55.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2016, 21:41   #48
Dub J

Fuel Economy: A LOT
Arrow Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. D View Post
Just received my appointment email. I'm in NJ.
Scheduled for Dec 1st, seems to be the earliest date i could find. Most dealers had either one or two dates per week-time slots available.
Congratulations. When did you first send your docs in? Thanks.

keep the epa away from my tdi
Dub J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 15:59   #49
scottb8888
Veteran Member

I have a great app on my iPhone called TurboScan. I can scan each page and send it to myself as a single pdf.

I use it for many things. When I get a receipt I need to keep, I scan it and throw it away. It's in my email ready to be filed!
scottb8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 04:41   #50
JMugmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMugmon View Post
Interesting how of the total 63 cars found eligible, 57 of them are Paid Off (non-financed) = 90%. Must be easier to deal with non-financed cars! unfair.
UPDATE (after one week): Now at 94% and NO further VW Financed cars have been approved in a week!
So they have doubled the number of cars at Elig verified but none (zero) are in the category 'VW Financed'.
Over the past week 100% of the cars approved have been in the category 'Paid Off'. - So mad!

Last edited by JMugmon; November 14th, 2016 at 04:57.
JMugmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:06   #51
blondeshady2001
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: meh numbers

This graph is only as accurate as the people that fill it out. Some users could have gotten their approvals, yet, not updated their row of data. Progress is being made, slowly but it IS happening.

blondeshady2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:55   #52
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeshady2001 View Post
This graph is only as accurate as the people that fill it out. Some users could have gotten their approvals, yet, not updated their row of data. Progress is being made, slowly but it IS happening.
That is indeed true. There do seem to be a couple of patterns however:

First, people with any form of financing don't seem to be getting letters. A small handful have, but the rest are still waiting. There is no real explanation as to why this is the case.

For people with no financing, and who have had their docs approved, we now have over half reporting that they have gotten their offer email.

There are people who had their docs originally approved right out of the gate, and they are still waiting for their offer letters. Possibly due to a shortage of Ambassadors? No idea - VW isn't saying.

And then there is the question of people who bought after 9/18/2015. There aren't many, but they aren't getting anywhere either.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 06:10   #53
Dr. D
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericy View Post
That is indeed true. There do seem to be a couple of patterns however:

First, people with any form of financing don't seem to be getting letters. A small handful have, but the rest are still waiting. There is no real explanation as to why this is the case.

For people with no financing, and who have had their docs approved, we now have over half reporting that they have gotten their offer email.

There are people who had their docs originally approved right out of the gate, and they are still waiting for their offer letters. Possibly due to a shortage of Ambassadors? No idea - VW isn't saying.

And then there is the question of people who bought after 9/18/2015. There aren't many, but they aren't getting anywhere either.
I believe that there is a shortage of ambassadors as some of the dealers I wanted to scheduled with (NJ) were not even in the scheduling system.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 06:41   #54
TDIsoup
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Passat

I'm glad someone else pointed out that financed VWs haven't gotten offers yet. VW being radio silent on this is horsecrap. I was considering another VW, but this lack of communication is slowly eroding that away. I understand that this is a huge undertaking, but it's still possible to let people know what's going on.

Oh and Uploaded 9/20, approved 10/20, still waiting.
TDIsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:27   #55
beancounter

Calling to get a payoff takes very little time. Car dealers do it all day everyday. I thought that the sooner you get everything in, the higher you are on the priority. But it would appear that because I have financing I have been put in limbo.
beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:36   #56
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
Calling to get a payoff takes very little time. Car dealers do it all day everyday. I thought that the sooner you get everything in, the higher you are on the priority. But it would appear that because I have financing I have been put in limbo.
You are right. I do it everyday. Takes 10 minutes. I have to verify payoffs on cars I am buying and selling at CarMax and financed cars are easy. Leased cars are more difficult to verify but during business hours it still is no issue.
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:44   #57
TDIsoup
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hearing this really frustrates me. So there's no excuse, at least not known since VW is silent. I know I'm only one customer, but if I don't hear back by tomorrow, I'm finding another car to buy, and not a VW. I'm trying to stay with them, but the lack of communication is crap.
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:47   #58
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
How far out do the payoff numbers go? Meaning this - if you request payoff for a car, and they come back with the numbers for the next two weeks, and the actual buyback doesn't get scheduled for 30 days (where in that period you might have made another payment), won't they have to go and redo this?

I have my own theory that I just pulled out of my you-know-where. They are waiting until they can get appointments scheduled something like 3-4 days per week at some of the larger dealers, and this will allow them to turn things around fairly quickly once the offer letters go out.

But it could be something else completely different. I had this vague recollection that there was another status meeting before the Judge coming up soon (maybe even this morning), and once the transcript is up we might have some more clarity.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:51   #59
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

[QUOTE=ericy;5176981]How far out do the payoff numbers go?

There is a per diem they can use to figure payoffs in the future. There has to be an adjustment done once they have the turn in date, but hardly an issue.
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:54   #60
TDIsoup
Veteran Member

Cool, can you add my info? I can't get the doc opened.

Uploaded 9/20, Accepted 10/20, still waiting. Oh and financed through VW.