www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old February 1st, 2018, 02:22   #316
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2.0 CR 300hp

Dyno is a lottery ..who gives bigger numbers, like d:ck measuring with different scales. Be real.
Old February 1st, 2018, 02:39   #317
Jukums

All depends on HP plot in dyno sheet, make turbo spikes+fuel will give you much hp, but 100-200km/h car will be slow, because 80-90% of time there will be much less hp.
Jukums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:41   #318
diffas
Veteran Member

Thats why you have gearbox to run car proper gear for maximum acceleration. These tdis usually have quite large maximum powerband compared some gasoline engines. You may have max hp 90% available over 2000rpm wide window.
diffas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 09:27   #319
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macradiators.com View Post
Dyno is a lottery ..who gives bigger numbers, like d:ck measuring with different scales. Be real.

But you were going crazy when Italy tuners were doing 290hp on stock pump stock head

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 395hp 660nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:00   #320
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

I discovered an ugly reality Jamie, where impostors pass as great tuners and numbers are created by magic on
Thats why now i tune my car on the street, real load, air friction, stress on components.
Not sure 10s is something possible on this one but trying.

Talking numbers, JD just did another 445hp biturbo on the superflow. LOL
Old February 1st, 2018, 12:58   #321
raffshore

Quote:
I discovered an ugly reality Jamie, where impostors pass as great tuners and numbers are created by magic on
Thats why now i tune my car on the street, real load, air friction, stress on components.

Quote:
Quote:
Said the guy with the world record 3.0 lol
You are being ridiculous about the youtube video i posted. Its as real as it gets.

Jamie a 360hp gti does 10.36s , a 410hp one does 8.9s ..same weight as our cars. I guess i need to publish the time slips for you to believe.

2 cars rated at 350hp on same dyno, different tuners, can go totally different on track, with huge differences between them.
I am the one being ridiculous? I hail the king
raffshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 13:53   #322
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Quote:

Exactly how my car is tuned then. We just use dyno to confirm figures
JD dyno must be very happy.

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 395hp 660nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 23:02   #323
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

Took advantage of the nice weather to take down old turbo.
Also a few minor mods to do and ready to start again towards my goal.
Old February 16th, 2018, 23:32   #324
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

Quote:
Took advantage of the nice weather to take down old turbo.
Also a few minor mods to do and ready to start again towards my goal.
Where these ugly welds produced with that Fronius welder I see in the back ground ? Such a waste of a good tool...turbo looks good, what was the spec ? I take it it wasn’t a stock gtb2260vklr ?!!
adamss24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 07:33   #325
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

Manifold is made by a bulgarian company profidiesel..
Served me well for 12k without any problems. The one i put in the car in a few days will look much better made in poland by Bizon Garage.
Turbo is not stock, should be good for burning lots of fuel at 800 egt lol

Last edited by Macradiators.com; February 17th, 2018 at 08:00.
Macradiators.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 00:28   #326
adamss24
Veteran Member

Was The turbine upgraded at all ? Any fancy ceramic ball bearing cartridge in it ? Take no offense but the welds on that manifold do look like they were made by a beginner...hence why I asked if they were made with the fronius ! If it works well then, it did serve it’s purpose...I have friend with a vklr turbo fitted on a dark side manifold and that cracked a short while after being installed. In the end we made a cantilever bracket with rose joints in order to stop it from cracking. Dark side advised against it but it did work although Vlad bought an m3 twin turbo so the 2.0 tdi doesn’t get used much !
Old February 18th, 2018, 00:35   #327
adamss24
Veteran Member

I also cannot see any flexi joint in your downpipe, i am surprised it’s not cracked yet ! I need to send you a pm, I too work on a gtb2260vklr turbo to fit on my seat exeo tdi however I need to buy a flange with round ports to suit my CR engine...I have the manifold built already however i made it to fit a Ve/pd engine so it will need alteration ! I also want to install a cp3 pump at some point and a few more bits and bobs !
Old February 18th, 2018, 11:10   #328
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

The flex part is 250mm long and is connected by the vband you see to the second part of DP.
I modified the DP and made it 2 piece connected by vband so i can easily remove it, happy with how it works. I removed the DP from the top in 2 minutes .
Drop me a pm on fb and we can talk about it.

The manifold has no cracks after 2 years of service, yes, it could be made better for sure, that is why i sold it and waiting for new one. Will post photos when it arrives. For 500€ this one worked just fine.
I dont buy overpriced stuff...as there are plenty of choices if you search well enough.

Tomorrow i present you my tool for springs removal without removing the cyl. head from the car.

Last edited by Macradiators.com; February 18th, 2018 at 11:25.
Macradiators.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2018, 03:56   #329
Rub87
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
I also cannot see any flexi joint in your downpipe, i am surprised it’s not cracked yet ! I need to send you a pm, I too work on a gtb2260vklr turbo to fit on my seat exeo tdi however I need to buy a flange with round ports to suit my CR engine...I have the manifold built already however i made it to fit a Ve/pd engine so it will need alteration ! I also want to install a cp3 pump at some point and a few more bits and bobs !
If you want I have a whole kit for sale for round port exeo. with normal 2260vk (watercooled from v12 tdi) fits w stock airbox and comes with oil/waterlines and downpipe
Old February 19th, 2018, 18:00   #330
adamss24
Veteran Member

Thanks Ruben, I will think about it mate...to b honest the car is high mileage and not really worth the hassle...I have already fitted a bv43a turbo and made an entirely 3” exhaust system with a single motorbike back box. I also have the manifold already built but it’s been made/welded with a ve/pd exhaust manifold flange so it needs a CR flange welded in instead. I might do a new one from scratch along with slightly increased diameter runners ! I have all the ingredients in the garage just need to pull my finger realy ! Thanks for the offer anyway !