Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
Anyone want to reach out to VW either via chat or phone call that has uploaded the docs and ask if they have "officially" received them or if we have to wait?
here's what my page reads after uploading my docs (note the stupid kiddietwink Web monkey typo/grammar):

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Anyone want to reach out to VW either via chat or phone call that has uploaded the docs and ask if they have "officially" received them or if we have to wait?
The email I received a minute or two after hitting 'submit' is good enough for me.

Tebow15

TDI
14 Passat Se
When online and uploaded my documents with no problem using chrome. Provided gov ID, Registration, and consent form. Got email back confirming documents, and under review. Easy!

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
We have received all your documents and are reviewing them to ensure that we the correct documents and the necessary information to determine your eligibility. You can see the status of our review of each document below.

Anyone notice the error?

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
We have received all your documents and are reviewing them to ensure that we the correct documents and the necessary information to determine your eligibility. You can see the status of our review of each document below.

Anyone notice the error?
Was that on the website or the following emailed confirmation? My email confirmation said:
Thank you for submitting your documents in the Online Claims Portal. Next, we will begin reviewing your documents to ensure that you have provided all of the necessary documents and information to determine your eligibility. We will contact you when the documents are reviewed.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
website (included in previous screenshot)

willie
on the 'always check for typos before posting' Gulf of Mexico

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI

Anyone notice the error?
Hope you're not referring to the missing 'have' between 'we' and 'the' in the first sentence. I leave out words in nearly every comment I post. Very appreciative of the 'edit' button.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
For clarification, when I suggested not using Chrome it was because Chrome would not download the PDF consent form and you would get an error instead. For me without the form doesn't matter if all the other buttons or site worked.

In the end of course just use whatever browser works. It's going to be different for everyone depending on what they have to submit and eventually maybe they'll actually fix the site.

dgillilan

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI sold back to VW
Also uploaded-thanks for posting the portal being ready

Thanks for the poster who announced that the portal would now allow upload of the documents. This is how I found out. The forum is a great resource and I appreciate the help. I did upload my docs and got the email of confirmation.
Thank you, Debra in VA

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Get serious. I haven't had a car payment in 15 years, but it would be completely unfair if I was given preferential treatment because of it. There are enough life jackets and lifeboats for everyone. This is not the Titanic. Yet.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Thank you to everyone posting updates...:cool:

This is also what mine says.

I wonder if people with no lien will get bumped up in the buyback process since they will have less paperwork and legwork to turn in the vehicle(s).
I'm sure that would go over well at the 11/3 status hearing, lol.

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
Get serious. I haven't had a car payment in 15 years, but it would be completely unfair if I was given preferential treatment because of it. There are enough life jackets and lifeboats for everyone. This is not the Titanic. Yet.
The sky is falling mentality on this forum is rather amusing. While I am opting for the buy back and bearish about the future of new Diesels, I think in a year or two this forum will be back to a bu8nch or passionate owners, and away from people who are worried about Wolfsburg being eaten alive by a miniature black hole.

Although that would make an interesting Science fiction movie...

Got-TDi?

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Where did I say it was. It makes more sense to pay you first because the amount is smaller and they don't have to deal with any financial institutions. Drop off your car and hand you a check. You should be first IMO. :cool:

I'm sure that would go over well at the 11/3 status hearing, lol.
It would, it's less work/hassle for all parties. Get the quick and easy ones out of the way... ;)

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I wonder if people with no lien will get bumped up in the buyback process since they will have less paperwork and legwork to turn in the vehicle(s).
I guess I'll find out. I have four, two with liens and two without; I submitted paperwork on two of them (one with a lien, one without) within a few minutes of each other.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
It would, it's less work/hassle for all parties. Get the quick and easy ones out of the way... ;)
Yes...because Volkswagen disproportionately favoring one group of customers over another, in order to hit the 'Easy' button to fast-track this (which is kind of what got them in this mess to begin with), will go over so well once that hits the news.;)

How would it be less work for "all parties?" The only group that would benefit from that (from a level of effort expended standpoint) would be Volkswagen. Well...that and it would benefit those with: 1. Paid off vehicles, and 2. An "as long as I get mine" mentality.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Well, I would think that the court would like to see buybacks speedily completed as soon as all documentation is found to be satisfactory and approved. And the less complex the review, and the fewer the documents, on a de facto basis, simple transactions without liens could be reviewed and completed in fewer days. Third party financing firms have no real stake in the speed of the transaction, and some might take their time in giving a lien release, for example.

So it would not be surprising to see cars without liens approved and scheduled more quickly than cars with liens, not because of VW favoritism, but just because getting all the paper work in order on a car with a lien could take more time.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Well, I would think that the court would like to see buybacks speedily completed as soon as all documentation is found to be satisfactory and approved. And the less complex the review, and the fewer the documents, on a de facto basis, simple transactions without liens could be reviewed and completed in fewer days. Third party financing firms have no real stake in the speed of the transaction, and some might take their time in giving a lien release, for example.

So it would not be surprising to see cars without liens approved and scheduled more quickly than cars with liens, not because of VW favoritism, but just because getting all the paper work in order on a car with a lien could take more time.
That has no real bearing on how quickly they can get the cars off the street. Getting the title from the bank is an after-the-fact formality. At this point...anyone with a lien has already provided their lender and account number. All they need to do to effect a buyback and generate a check is a payoff quote, which they can get in less than five minutes.

Edit: There is a LOT less to this than some seem to think.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The sky is falling mentality on this forum is rather amusing. While I am opting for the buy back and bearish about the future of new Diesels, I think in a year or two this forum will be back to a bunch or passionate owners, and away from people who are worried about Wolfsburg being eaten alive by a miniature black hole.
Gee, I hope so and the panic-stricken noobles and trolls will be gone (for good, I hope).;)

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
That has no real bearing on how quickly they can get the cars off the street. Getting the title from the bank is an after-the-fact formality.
Interesting. I went to buy a used car recently, a CPO car from that brand dealer. Due to lien and title snafus, after 3 1/2 weeks they still could not deliver me the car. They blamed the bank, but who knows the real reason. I cancelled the purchase and got my deposit back.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Interesting. I went to buy a used car recently, a CPO car from that brand dealer. Due to lien and title snafus, after 3 1/2 weeks they still could not deliver me the car. They blamed the bank, but who knows the real reason. I cancelled the purchase and got my deposit back.
They had probably just taken it in trade and had not yet received the title from th lien holder who had been paid off. Maybe it got lost and they had to go to the state to get a new one.

I traded my paid-off 7 year old Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins for my JSW (I was $900 ahead after a straight across trade). They came back to me a couple weeks later to sign some document to get a new title generated as the title I had surrendered to them had been misplaced and they couldn't sell it to the buyer without the title. Stuff happens.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Keep talking and us diesel dropouts might hang around to annoy you in perpetuity.

Just kidding, I'll leave skid marks going to pu my check. TDI torquey skid marks on near bald tires.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Yup. There's no way of telling what was really going on there.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
A question (for those who mailed title, registration and driver's license).

How long to get an acknowledgement?

I reckon those who upload get a quick "message received"................

ez

DouginNC

TDI
2013 Beetle Convertible
Just uploaded my documents with no issues.

Thanks to all for keeping us current on the process. Until reading this today, I didn't realize the site was accepting documents. Thanks again.

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Docs uploaded OK. Stopped by dealer today. No "special rebates" on the horizon for us turning in our cars. Currently $5,000 off MSRP. Also taking deposits on cars to hold until you turn in your car.
Hurry up and wait....... :)