www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 18th, 2016, 20:27   #46
purduecrew
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Passat

still getting 400 error myself. will try again later.
purduecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 04:08   #47
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSch View Post
When I bought the car last year I had a co-signer and their name was on the registration, but I re-financed and was able to get only my name on the title and my registration isn't up until December. So I put just my name on there, hope that's ok.
As @Airpizz6 said...that will be fine. The current state of the title is what's important.

And yeah...I'd wait to pay the registration too, if I were you. Unfortunately for me, I had to pay to re-up mine the end of August. But hey...at least my car passed the county emissions test, lol.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 04:47   #48
scottb8888
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.
I only uploaded one side of my Driver's License? Did they ask for both Sides??
scottb8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 04:58   #49
tkdcmpedude

TDI(s): 2015 Golf S

Hey everyone, I was able to talk to someone last night. He had me do a simple refresh of my page after the error showed up. After I refreshed in my browser, Google Chrome, no issues in proceeding to get everything uploaded they needed at this time.
tkdcmpedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:20   #50
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb8888 View Post
I only uploaded one side of my Driver's License? Did they ask for both Sides??
It didn't say anything about both sides. I doubt very much that it matters. If it does (I just uploaded the front)...you'll probably get a message to upload a pdf with both sides.

All they really need to see is the front. If they can see your drivers license number, they'll be able to verify that you have a valid license.
Old September 19th, 2016, 06:06   #51
JCTDI
Veteran Member

That site is a mess. (I"m a coder/web designer) Instead of the proper text, I'm seeing the references to the DB objects where the data is, like: page.case_management.dq.intro.

One of the questions was:
page.case_management.dq.CoRegisterdOwner.question

ha ha.
Old September 19th, 2016, 06:17   #52
bennybmn
Veteran Member

Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?
Old September 19th, 2016, 06:23   #53
tjdeerslayer37
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybmn View Post
Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?
Hmm, no problem here, downloaded and printed it then snapped a pic after I filled it out
Old September 19th, 2016, 06:32   #54
bennybmn
Veteran Member

Waited ten minutes while I read other posts, did a refresh, works now
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:23   #55
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

They must have begun looking at documents (switched over to this status sometime this morning).

Quote:
page.case_management.dr.review.status.message
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:35   #56
josterch

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduecrew View Post
still getting 400 error myself. will try again later.

I kept getting 400 error in Firefox. Switched to Internet Explorer and it worked first time. I guess IE is good for something.
josterch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:37   #57
AmandaSch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
As @Airpizz6 said...that will be fine. The current state of the title is what's important.

And yeah...I'd wait to pay the registration too, if I were you. Unfortunately for me, I had to pay to re-up mine the end of August. But hey...at least my car passed the county emissions test, lol.

Congratulations on passing the emissions test👍😀
AmandaSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:41   #58
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

I'm getting the feeling the latest update to the portal was not ready for prime time and may have been made available prematurely. I have two cars registered and uploaded the documents for one Saturday. If I now click on that one at the 'car' icon, I get a blank screen. There is info on it at the 'account' icon, however. For my other car, it's back to the offer screen and nothing else.. Getting stranger by the minute. Dieselgate Year 2 is off to a great start.
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:44   #59
Snufalufagus
Veteran Member

Got both of mine uploaded. I won't let me go back and see the estimated buyback screen now though. Just shows upload complete and documents awaiting review.
Snufalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:47   #60
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpizz6 View Post
I'm getting the feeling the latest update to the portal was not ready for prime time and may have been made available prematurely. I have two cars registered and uploaded the documents for one Saturday. If I now click on that one at the 'car' icon, I get a blank screen. There is info on it at the 'account' icon, however. For my other car, it's back to the offer screen and nothing else.. Getting stranger by the minute. Dieselgate Year 2 is off to a great start.
New software / software updates always have bugs. Reason: beyond a certain point, it is cheaper to have the user do the debugging.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote