www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 17th, 2016, 19:28   #31
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggii View Post
I'm as well getting 404 after logging in.
I'm guessing the website is overwhelmed. I logged in a handful of times and saw the same home screen (no questions). I logged in an hour or so later and bam...the questions were there.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 19:35   #32
AmandaSch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
Apparently if we choose to keep the Passat and get the fix, the docs are not there yet. At least from what I see. Are all of you giving back your VW that may answer why I can't see docs or a link to docs. Thanks
I signed up for the fix and still had to answer/upload the documents.
AmandaSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 19:39   #33
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
I'm guessing the website is overwhelmed. I logged in a handful of times and saw the same home screen (no questions). I logged in an hour or so later and bam...the questions were there.
What about the poor humans that will have to review literally tens of thousands of submissions over the next few weeks? Maybe Bosch has written them some software to facilitate the process.

Last edited by Airpizz6; September 17th, 2016 at 19:45. Reason: added info
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 21:04   #34
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpizz6 View Post
What about the poor humans that will have to review literally tens of thousands of submissions over the next few weeks? Maybe Bosch has written them some software to facilitate the process.
I would guess they will review the online pdf's and possibly enter some data to move the process along. It will take some time, but that's what VW bit off on.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 22:16   #35
Michel61

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.

I see your from the state of Oregon. I didn't see any instruction to have scan both sides of the drivers licenses. I am from Washington. There really isnt an info on the back of my licenses. Did I miss something here?
Michel61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2016, 23:45   #36
BuyMeBackSoon
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel61 View Post
I see your from the state of Oregon. I didn't see any instruction to have scan both sides of the drivers licenses. I am from Washington. There really isnt an info on the back of my licenses. Did I miss something here?
Same here. Only did front as they didn't provide for a back scan. The back in OR contains signature and a bar code.
BuyMeBackSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 06:24   #37
Conrad -JSW
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2012 JSW DSG

I just uploaded my docs and received confirmation.

It didn't ask for the backs of our licenses so I didn't send em. There's nothing on the backs of interest anyway.
Conrad -JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 07:25   #38
rac
Veteran Member

Got my docs uploaded, so one step closer. Did it all with the iPad.

Looking forward to getting the TDI out of the garage and moving on. Will miss the car but not VW. Had to replace most of the exhaust due to a cracked DPF so that ironically, the car would pass the emissions test required for registration. As other 2009 owners know, that's $5,500 because of a part re-design. My appeal to VW for some assistance with the repair went nowhere. Now we know that DPF failures are a side effect of the software cheat. I'll take my $12,500 and run.
rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 09:06   #39
avid

TDI(s): 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel61 View Post
My bad, in the heat of battle I read someone else's post and thought they said both sides of the driver's license. I just reread their post and it said both sides of the title. I hope that I didn't inconvenience anyone.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 13:20   #40
wilcharl
Veteran Member

Assuming the contractors doing the evaluation of the documents don't work weekends I think they are going to be in for a surprise Monday morning with all of us uploading our paperwork considering they haven't put out any announcements or emails to folks saying to go ahead and start uploading
wilcharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 16:51   #41
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Does anyone recall the wording of the last question on the list? I'm thinking it was something like, 'is there more than one name on the title?'
I entered the info and uploaded the documents for one vehicle of which I am the sole owner. When I try to do the same thing for a second vehicle which is jointly owned, the last question is jumbled. I'm guessing I just should pick 'yes'.
Old September 18th, 2016, 17:07   #42
avid

TDI(s): 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Does anyone recall the wording of the last question on the list? I'm thinking it was something like, 'is there more than one name on the title?'
I entered the info and uploaded the documents for one vehicle of which I am the sole owner. When I try to do the same thing for a second vehicle which is jointly owned, the last question is jumbled. I'm guessing I just should pick 'yes'.
My DW says it was regarding if the vehicle was owned by more than one entity. Sounds like you are on the right track with yes.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 17:40   #43
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
My DW says it was regarding if the vehicle was owned by more than one entity. Sounds like you are on the right track with yes.
Many thanks to you and especially your DW.
Old September 18th, 2016, 18:58   #44
AmandaSch
Veteran Member

Quote:
When I bought the car last year I had a co-signer and their name was on the registration, but I re-financed and was able to get only my name on the title and my registration isn't up until December. So I put just my name on there, hope that's ok.
AmandaSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 19:27   #45
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSch View Post
When I bought the car last year I had a co-signer and their name was on the registration, but I re-financed and was able to get only my name on the title and my registration isn't up until December. So I put just my name on there, hope that's ok.
I see no problem there. If your title shows you as the only owner then you are fine. In my case there are two names on the title, my wife's and mine. I have to report that and supply IDs for both of us. And I would assume the check would have both names on it and an EFT could only go to a joint account.