www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old March 9th, 2016, 15:19   #1
LRTDI
Veteran Member

Default VW US CEO resigns

http://www.leftlanenews.com/vw-of-am...gns-91202.html
LRTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 16:03   #2
n1das
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Who cares? It's a DIESEL! Great fuel economy comes as a bonus!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTDI View Post
From the article:
Quote:
The sudden resignation of Volkswagen's U.S. chief does not bode well for the company's prospects of delivering an acceptable solution to the ongoing "dieselgate" scandal.
Ozone Precursors - https://sites.google.com/view/lorenmarz-ccm/home
General - https://sites.google.com/view/emissions-general/home
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 16:05   #3
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

I sure wouldn't want that job. The longer this drags on, the worse it gets.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 03:50   #4
TDI57
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1das View Post
From the article:

I read somewhere that Horn was the one that pushed VW for the $1000.00 for owners. There goes our only advocate.
TDI57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 04:36   #5
k1xv
Veteran Member

Horn seemed to be the only honest person in this mess.

k1xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 19:12   #6
Ru Zu

TDI(s): none

I watched his entire congressional testimony. Impressive guy in a bad spot. Not that he doesn't know more than he lead on, but that he had US dealers, his employers and technology capability all in a balance. Several articles about his battles regarding the US market in general. Now the US dealers are upset to see him go.

Only one congressional member had an excellent line of questions regarding how the emission break through was and yet not talked up in the company after years of trying. Hard to believe a simple note of, "hey we figured it out", sent the TDIs to market. As good as that line was, they didn't push the point far enough.
Ru Zu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 16:56   #7
VLS_GUY
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 30 City, 40 highway

It appears that now that Michael Horn has resigned VW dealers are in a near state of revolt. This isn't just about dieselgate but about getting the proper product mix available ( more SUVs etc), getting the cars distributed to dealers that they can sell, and about doing better product launches. The dealers have spent big bucks on improved stand alone dealerships and the sales have not materialized due to what the dealers see has incompetence in Wolfsburg: http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...p-the-insanity
VLS_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 04:29   #8
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
I sure wouldn't want that job. The longer this drags on, the worse it gets.

I would, precisely to avoid what the anti-deisel crowd is successfully doing ....... drag it out and kill it. VW needs to get loud and bypass the goberment folks with their comprehensive solutions. That solution should have included the loyalty money. BTW, it is not a big coincidence that it is ongoing the same time as the shut down hobbyist racing is occurring. Never let a crisis go to waste ....
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 05:29   #9
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigarniedog View Post
I would, precisely to avoid what the anti-deisel crowd is successfully doing ....... drag it out and kill it. VW needs to get loud and bypass the goberment folks with their comprehensive solutions. That solution should have included the loyalty money. BTW, it is not a big coincidence that it is ongoing the same time as the shut down hobbyist racing is occurring. Never let a crisis go to waste ....
It does not appear that VW is in a rush to get to the finish line either. As vocal as VW has been in the media the past couple weeks...if they had a viable solution...I'm sure they would have thrown it out there.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 05:41   #10
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumpshrimp View Post
It does not appear that VW is in a rush to get to the finish line either. As vocal as VW has been in the media the past couple weeks...if they had a viable solution...I'm sure they would have thrown it out there.
The issue is "viable" and that is in the eye of the beholder per my above post. It appears that the regulatory agencies are content to drag it out. VW is caught in a haze of not understanding how to deal with the situation. A piecemeal campaign of VW loyalty and staged proposals will not and has not worked. Movement should never be confused with progress, or in this case noise being confused with a plan .....
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 07:25   #11
redbarron55
Veteran Member

I wonder if part of the reason he quit was the deleting of files and coverup
Perhaps he knows what is coming and wants to scamper early!
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 07:38   #12
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigarniedog View Post
The issue is "viable" and that is in the eye of the beholder per my above post. It appears that the regulatory agencies are content to drag it out. VW is caught in a haze of not understanding how to deal with the situation. A piecemeal campaign of VW loyalty and staged proposals will not and has not worked. Movement should never be confused with progress, or in this case noise being confused with a plan .....
Yup. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just using a Magic 8 Ball to pick decisions/courses of action for them. i.e. "Magic 8 Ball...should I delete information in violation of DOJ orders?" Yes? Ok.
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote