IDParts.com Sales & News - Updated Every Week!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW

This is the master thread for IDParts.com specials, news and TDIClub support. If you have any questions feel free to post and we’ll reply in the thread or via PM.

Protect Your Fuel System with Opti-Lube Winter Formula

Winter is in full swing. The winter vortex has returned and a few big storms have already left significant snow across the country. Be sure your vehicle doesn't strand you with gelled fuel by using Opti-Lube Winter formula.
Designed specifically to prevent fuel gel, improve lubrication and cetane ratings of ULSD, Opti-Lube Winter has become our most-popular winter diesel fuel additive. Each 8 oz bottle can treat 32 gallons! Opti-Lube Winter formula is available in 8 oz. 6-packs, 1 Quart Bottles & 1 Gallon jugs!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a Fumoto from IDParts Today!
We've used Fumoto valves for years on our ALHs to avoid stripping the fragile drain plug. Now we stock them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 2005, IDParts has focused on sourcing and supplying parts for VW TDIs to fellow TDIClub members. We started with our ALHs and today support all TDI models plus some other makes too like Jeep Liberty CRD and Cruze Diesels! We are located just south of Boston, Massachusetts. We stock and ship everything we sell ourselves, and we own or have owned pretty much every TDI model ever made, so we know these cars inside and out!

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI

IDParts.com timing belt kits are assembled using all OE, OES or OE+ components. This includes timing belts from Gates, Conti or Dayco, tensioners from Litens, rollers from INA, NTN or GMB and all OEM VW hardware. All the water pumps we use have metal impellers. Because we choose to use the OE supply chain, our kits are high quality and reliable for the full timing belt interval, be that 80k, 100k or 120k miles. We have some customers with over 500,000 miles that have purchased every replacement timing belt kit from us!

ALH Timing Belt Kits
Our best seller to this day remains our Timing Belt Kit (A4 ALH) for all 1999-2003 Golf & Jetta TDI as well as the 1998-2003 New Beetle TDI. For those with 300k miles or more, the High Mileage Timing Belt Kit (A4 ALH) includes a variety of commonly replaced items in addition to the timing belt itself.

(Timing Belt Kit A4 ALH)

CBEA/CJAA Timing Belt Kits
We were the first to offer a complete timing belt kit for the 2.0L Common-Rail motor, engine codes CBEA and CJAA, used in the 2009-2014 Jetta TDI, Golf TDI, Sportwagen TDI and Beetle TDI.

(Timing Belt Kit CBEA/CJAA)

PD Timing Belt Kits
The "PD" motors used unit-type injectors that were driven by the camshaft. This put extra stress on the timing belt system, and thus, VW revised their timing belt interval for PD motors to 80k miles. We have timing belt kits for all the PD engines, including Timing Belt Kit (BEW) for the 2004-2006 Golf TDI, New Beetle TDI and Mk4 Jetta TDI, Timing Belt Kit (BRM) for the 2005.5-2006 Mk5 Jetta TDI and a Timing Belt Kit (BHW) for the 2005-2006 B5.5 Passat TDI.

(Timing Belt Kit BRM)

CKRA Timing Belt Kits
Even though the NMS Passat TDI was introduced in 2012, many owners are already over the 120k timing belt interval. Passat drivers seem to add more miles per year on average than Jetta/Golf/New Beetle drivers, which is understandable given the spaciousness, comfort and extreme MPG the NMS Passat achieves. Because of this we made creating our Timing Belt Kit (CKRA) a top priority.

(Timing Belt Kit CKRA)

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI

Scheduled Maintenance & Service Kits
DIY Service is easy with IDParts.com too! We have a full category dedicated to scheduled maintenance and service kits. including kits for normal oil changes as well as 20k service kits and 40k service kits, including automatic/dsg transmission service if necessary.
Oil Change Starter Kits
IDParts oil change starter kits come with an oil change kit for your TDI, with officially approved oil and OE supplier oil filters, plus an oil filter wrench AND a 6-liter oil extractor together at a discount.

20k Service Kits
20k service kits include all the items for an oil change plus a fuel filter and cabin filter! You can add an air filter if you prefer to change yours every 20k, too.
40k Service Kits
40k service kits include all the items for an oil change plus a full filter pack AND a transmission or DSG service where necessary.

Oil Extractors
We've been completing our oil changes via "top side" method for over a decade. We use an oil extractor to pull out the old oil through the dipstick tube. Since the oil filter on most TDI models is located at the top, using an oil extractor also means that you do not have to get under the car at all, eliminating the use of ramps or jack stands.
Our best selling 6L Oil Extractor is perfect for 4-cylinder TDI use. Easy to pump with the long-extension pump handle and with plenty of tubing to reach to the bottom of the oil pan. Also includes a convenient tube for storing the tubing when not in use!

If you need more space we also have larger 15L Oil Extractors, and for real tool-junkies, the 10L Professional Unit has a pneumatic mode that hooks up to compressed air for effortless oil changes.

DSG Service Kits
DSG Service Starter Kit - Including Parts & Tools - Just $119.95
DSG Service Kit - just $79.95
DSG Service Tool Kit - $47.95
You can save literally hundreds of dollars by servicing your DSG transmission yourself. We've put together service kits that include both the parts AND tools you need for the job.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Yes! Just got a call from Bosal, they're shipping from Europe shortly and we should have hitches in stock for VWs late next month.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Sweet!

Do you expect to have stock across the MY's and models, or only newer? Obviously my interest is Mk IV.

Any idea if pricing will be similar to previous?

Lastly, any word on the Euro to NA conversion items that nickgiordano used to talk about in the old Bosal threads? I don't have a hitch, so I'm not sure about the specifics, but I think there was general interest in items allowing the Euro Bosal to connect to NA bike racks and such.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
All models MKIV and newer, except for the NMS Passat. Since that car isn't sold in the Euro market Bosal doesn't have a hitch for it.

Not sure about pricing yet. Have to sort out exchange rates and shipping. But we're hoping it doesn't change much.

And regarding the receiver, there was a prototype out there but it never made it into production. One thing we were able to do was to order swan necks on their own, so you can buy a second swan neck if you'd like and have it modified.

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon

:D

Thank you for following up on the request. Got a weekend project now.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Sweet!

Do you expect to have stock across the MY's and models, or only newer? Obviously my interest is Mk IV.

Any idea if pricing will be similar to previous?

Lastly, any word on the Euro to NA conversion items that nickgiordano used to talk about in the old Bosal threads? I don't have a hitch, so I'm not sure about the specifics, but I think there was general interest in items allowing the Euro Bosal to connect to NA bike racks and such.
Psst!

Bosal is back:

http://www.idparts.com/bosal-m-84.html

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Glad I stumbled upon this thread today. Just ordered a Bosal hitch for my mk4. Seems these have been rare as birds teeth!

cevans

TDI
Thanks Celco! We'll ship it today.

cevans

TDI
Got the hitch in the mail yesterday. Looks good! It will be a bit before I get the chance to install it on the car, but I am excited!

Thanks again!
Awesome! Boxing those up is a challenge, but worth it so that it arrives in good condition.

cevans

TDI
New SUPER SERVICE SPECIALS have been posted! Offers end May 31st!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Maybe I'm the only person on earth that cares about this but thanks for the new IDPARTS sticker colors!!! I snagged 2 orange, 2 pink and 2 yellow!!! Wifey will get a pink one on her wagon!!

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Maybe I'm the only person on earth that cares about this but thanks for the new IDPARTS sticker colors!!! I snagged 2 orange, 2 pink and 2 yellow!!! Wifey will get a pink one on her wagon!!
We send out a LOT of IDParts stickers, they're free after all! The bright colors, yellow, orange, pink, have actually become quite popular!

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
How do you get the stickers. I've ordered a few things in the past 6 months and haven't received stickers with any of the orders ?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
How do you get the stickers. I've ordered a few things in the past 6 months and haven't received stickers with any of the orders ?
You have to "order" them.... idparts.com>>>> Tools and Accessories>>>>IDParts Merchandise

I believe a max of 2 stickers of each type is allowed. I make sure to add them to every order.

ForbesTheBrit

TDI
05 Golf, 80 Rabbit
Just placed an big order with them for a whole clutch kit and associated parts...the final price made my eyes water, but its competitive anmd totally worth it. My clutch started slipping today after my thrid 1000+ miles trip ive made for work in the past 3 weeks. Great guys though, i have previously gotten a bunch of Liqui Moly stuff from them.