www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2015

TDIFest 2015 Discussion about TDIFest 2015 on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6, 2015) at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine.

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:58   #61
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

There are some outstanding pictures of the 2013 Fest at Sunday River in the picture thread found here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=394094

Some of my favorites are from the drive up the Mt. Washington Auto Road, which we intend to do again this year if the road is available.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 12:14   #62
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

The only recommendation I have this year if we go back up The Rockpile (what we peakbaggers call Mt Washington) is to let the people with standard transmissions lead. Someone ahead of me was in an automatic and I was shifting all the time despite keeping some distance back from them as a buffer.

It's pricey, but I might be up for a canopy tour.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 12:38   #63
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

I don't think any arrangement of vehicles is going to help a whole lot, as it kind of ends up in a traffic jam no matter what. I was first in line and following the stage van, who set the pace kind of low (but not too low), and people started backing up from there. There are plenty of pull-outs if the traffic gets irritating, and you can pick up the end of the line and set your own pace (for the most part).

The canopy tour sounds awesome! I'm sure there will be others who are interested... perhaps you can start a thread and get a separate event going, either sometime during the weekend or before/after the Fest activities.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 12:46   #64
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

I'd forgotten about the pace van. I hereby nominate GTiTDi to drive it next time.
Old April 8th, 2015, 13:02   #65
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
The only recommendation I have this year if we go back up The Rockpile (what we peakbaggers call Mt Washington) is to let the people with standard transmissions lead. Someone ahead of me was in an automatic and I was shifting all the time despite keeping some distance back from them as a buffer.

It's pricey, but I might be up for a canopy tour.
Is there a weight limited? I didn't see any information on the subject.

Abacus thank you for volunteer for the job to back everyone out of there parking space.The last time we were there it was foggy as hell.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 13:08   #66
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

I think I saw a 250 pound weight limit.

I'd be glad to be volunteered! I didn't think it was too bad last time, visibility was a good 10', which is better than some times I've been up there without a car and had to rely on the GPS tracklog to get below treeline.

Old April 8th, 2015, 17:33   #67
Campbellonh
Veteran Member

I'd be up for a canopy tour. Also, if the weather cooperates, there is an awesome little swimming hole not far away, called Frenchman's Hole. And maybe a nice area drive that we didn't do last time due to the rain.
2014 Honda Crosstour (I know, a gasser, pretty nice though)
Campbellonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 21:25   #68
vw_nut
Veteran Member

It was our first time at a TDI Fest in 2013 , Kim and I had a great time,We met a lot of neat people, i am looking forward to comming back seeing all again, gonna mark my calender
Old April 12th, 2015, 16:23   #69
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

We're gonna try to be there. CA to ME again is quite the trip. In between a potential wedding (NOT mine) and a WEC race in Texas, we may be able to justify the trip. Maybe.

Big maybe. stay tuned.
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 18:41   #70
AndyBees
Veteran Member

Hey ...... everybody, be looking in your "good junk" TDI parts for items to donate for the auction, raffles, etc ........... I've been digging thru my stuff!

The M-O-O-N may Shine again!...
'84 Vanagon '02 ALH TDI engine(32 to 35+ MPGs consistently) Malone Stage 1 tune. Road trip to Nova Scotia 2013. Road trip to Alaska summer 2014 & 2016, 11k & 12k miles. 80k miles on install, Jetta Cluster odometer currently at 209k miles.

Last edited by AndyBees; April 14th, 2015 at 12:36. Reason: Shine typo
AndyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 12:34   #71
diesel4ever
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.2/4.8/5.5

Planning to be there. Just over one fill up away.
Old April 14th, 2015, 12:45   #72
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBees View Post
Hey ...... everybody, be looking in your "good junk" TDI parts for items to donate for the auction, raffles, etc ........... I've been digging thru my stuff!

The M-O-O-N may Shine again!...
Kentucky shine? I had some at my brother's in Quality (near Bowling Green) and it was smooth sippin' shine, and I'm not a hard stuff guy.

Makes me wonder about donating some Maine lobsters or other local seafood. I don't have a lot of spare parts that are worth donating.
Old April 14th, 2015, 15:58   #73
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel4ever View Post
Planning to be there. Just over one fill up away.
There is fuel,right by the hotel.
Old April 14th, 2015, 16:06   #74
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
Kentucky shine? I had some at my brother's in Quality (near Bowling Green) and it was smooth sippin' shine, and I'm not a hard stuff guy.

Makes me wonder about donating some Maine lobsters or other local seafood. I don't have a lot of spare parts that are worth donating.

That would be cool. I guess you would have it shipped overnight to the winner.
Old April 14th, 2015, 16:15   #75
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterTDI09 View Post
That would be cool. I guess you would have it shipped overnight to the winner.
Um....yeah, lobsters are the cheap part, it's the shipping that's expensive.

That's why I need to think about it.

I'll come up with something, I'm sure.