www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old March 9th, 2015, 19:12   #31
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

I offer my condolences to his family for his passing. I got to know Chris and will always remember what a fine and giving individual he was.

I bought a new Passat from Chris last October during a business trip back East. When I was about an hour from the dealership on Friday night, he had my new Passat parked in front of the dealership and a guy looking at a used Jeep plowed into the new car and about totaled it. I arrived, and Chris was speechless.

We worked on a deal for a new Passat at another dealership in Maryland on Saturday morning and I got a similar car, but had to drive one of his new ones to the dealership in trade. I had a loaned Dealer plate for the trip home and sent it back to him that next week.

Chris handled the mess as good as anyone could have and made me feel great. In subsequent weeks, we laughed over that crazy car sale and really had a great friendship going. I am so sad over hearing about his loss. He was an exceptional person and very giving of himself without wanting anything back in return.

The Club has lost a great friend.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 19:32   #32
whitedog
Veteran Member

Wow. Never dealt with him but again, everything I read about him was positive. I generally don't like car salesmen, but I feel that I would have liked him. Rest in peace, Chris.
Old March 9th, 2015, 20:09   #33
SundanceGS

I never met Chris or bought a car from him... But from everything I've read, I sure wish I had gotten the chance to.
SundanceGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 20:12   #34
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
...The Club has lost a great friend.
Well said, Tony. Fair winds on your journey, Chris.
Old March 9th, 2015, 23:59   #35
tothemax
Veteran Member

WOW Sad news... huge lost for our community & deepest condolences to his family
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 02:11   #36
no-blue-screen
TDI Nut

TDI(s): TDI
Unhappy

I am speechless ,....I just talked with him over pm on 2/12/15 and have purchased a couple cars from him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time.

Chris was a great car salesman....but more importantly I think he was a great person. We used to always talk about how he lived in Glen Burnie, MD at one time.

I remember the first time I bought a car from him and his hilarious ring tone on his cell phone. I will miss him and this is a big loss to the forum as well.

I knew he had health issues a while back but his passing comes as a surprise to me. This makes me very sad.
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 02:53   #37
powerstrokeless
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than a POWERSTROKE!!

Rest in peace, Chris. You will be missed from the club!
My condolences to all close to him.
powerstrokeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 03:40   #38
D15SEL

Fuel Economy: 45.4 & creeping up

Ditto to all the moving words said above.
I purchased my TDI from Chris after he picked me up at 7AM on a Sunday morning at the Philly airport / DEC 21......No Lie. (It was the car he had ordered for YARNY who was transferring to the UK)
We used his Jetta as the office..... during our two plus hours together I kept telling myself what a great MAN.
You know the type....after a half hour you've known him for years.
I am truly saddened to hear of his passing.

Last edited by D15SEL; March 10th, 2015 at 04:55.
D15SEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 03:58   #39
meerschm
Veteran Member

Please pass well wishes for fond memories to his family.

Free advice: it is worth what you pay for it. (sometimes)
meerschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 04:18   #40
afarfalla
Veteran Member

awesome individual, flew in from Houston to pickup my 13 Passat spent several hours together, my brother, Chris and I ate all the pretzels before we left the dealership. Encounter etched in my brain. Knew every aspect of the car and related it well. "fahrvergnugen' took a hit Sunday
afarfalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:11   #41
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Chris will be missed. His caring attitude towards members of TDIClub was always appreciated. I never had a chance to meet him but was glad fro those he helped.

Please pass my condolences to his family.
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:26   #42
ItAintRodKnock
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01GolfTDi
Fuel Economy: 40 with lift

I'm unfamiliar with who he may be, but agree its sad to read about a great loss to this great community. May you be looking down from above, waving with Leonard Nimoy "live long and prosper" to the members and vehicles of this forum. Best wishes to the Family, this would be a cool thread to have printed and displayed at the ceromony to show, not only the love from his close family and friends who will be there, but his connection to the TDI community across the states and how many have come together to show their thoughts and condolences..

I'll put a few miles on my TDI today and let my turbo sing the song of 18psi in memory of our loss.
From FLA to CO!! 2001 Golf 4 door White: R520, Malone 2, McNally gauge, SB stg2E clutch, Panzer FMJ,2white2blue Moog 81055, Bilstein TC-s, homemade "$40 2 inch lift" Long time poster, now just a lurker.
ItAintRodKnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:44   #43
ratsnest
Veteran Member

It's sad to lose such a nice guy.

I bought my first brand-new car from Chris in 2012. I still speak of my experience to friends because service at that level is a thing of legend. I took the train up from DC the day after Thanksgiving, Chris picked me up from the train station, fed me, and worked out a great deal. I didn't pull out of the dealership until well after 11pm because he sent the car back to the detailer three times.

He will be missed.
ratsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 08:00   #44
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

Godspeed Chris
Old March 10th, 2015, 09:10   #45
conejo_a_cuatro
Veteran Member

Truly a major loss. We got a Golf from him, and I sent lots of other folks his way. I'm sorry to hear this news.