NB TDi oil change
TDI oil change
4.5 Quarts Oil you choice
One VW TDI oil filter cartridge, part # 074-115-562 with two O rings.
One new aluminum oil plug washer.
You need a Oil filter wrench to remove the canister. I purchased a custom fit cup type wrench form Pep Boy’s listed to fit a 96 Jetta filter “gas engine”. The cup wrench accepts a 3/8 drive socket wrench and makes removing the oil canister a beautiful thing.
1. Remove top engine shield. Using a screw driver lift out the plastic bolt covers.
A 10 mm socket is needed to remove the two nuts from under the covers. Then loosen the rear 10 mm bolt with an open end type wrench. Remove the dip stick and lift the front of the shield up and slide forward.
2. Remove the underside engine shield. You need a 25T Torx driver to remove the 10
Bolts. The rear of the shield drops, Slide the shield toward the rear of the car to remove.
3. Place a pan under the Oil drain plug and remove the plug with a 19mm wrench to drain the oil.
4. Remove the black plastic filter canister. A small diameter oil filter cup or small strap will work. Have a rag ready, pull up and out the old cartridge. Wipe out the canister with a clean rag. Replace the two O rings inside the canister cap. A large O ring
Is placed at the top of the threaded cap. A small O ring is placed at the end of the rod which extends through the element. Both of these O rings can be pulled off with a pair of needle nose pliers. Install the new O rings and coat with some oil.
5. Place the new cartridge element in the container and press it down firmly. Place the
Cap with rod through the center of the element and screw in hand tight. Place the oil
Filter wrench on and tighten.
6. Install new aluminum washer on oil pan bolt. Screw oil pan bolt in and tighten. Install bottom engine shield. Install top engine shield
and dip stick.
7. Using a funnel pour in 4.5 quarts of your favorite oil. And replace oil cap. Check level with dip stick.