Report: Next Audi Q7 to offer Diesel Plug-in Hybrid

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I've been waiting for a diesel hybrid in a Golf. I hear its harder to combine the diesel with the electric with a smooth transition from one to the other?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
There's no technical reason why that should be the case.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I wonder what the mpg is for this very large car that now weighs 700 less! This could really change this segment. Especially if you could do a lot of a commute in strict electric!

Last edited:

Max Period

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline
MPG Illusion...

Fuel consumption reduction (L/100 km or Gal/100 mi) are the greatest when you hybridize a heavy fuel guzzler, and not the tiny efficient cars.

The Q7 falls squarely into Wikipedia's "Criticism_of_sport_utility_vehicles".

The Q7 TDI, tied with Ram 1500 4WD Ecodiesel and MB GL350 Bluetec, have the highest EPA-rated city fuel consumption for diesel vehicles of MY2015.

The Q7 TDI also have the 3rd highest EPA highway fuel consumption of MY2015 diesel vehicles, tied with RAM 1500 RWD Ecodiesel. Only the Ram 1500 4WD Ecodiesel and MB GL350 Bluetec have higher highway consumption for diesels.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
So let's see...VWAG says a 2016 model which would typically mean that NA will see it sometime in 2018. Sounds like a good plan for improving sales of the Q7, but I really don't want to spend that kind of money. I'd rather see VW roll this out on the GSW platform.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I remember my uncle having a wagon back then that was rated for ten people. The rear floor folded up to make room for two and two facing each other. Of course, you had better be small to fit. Even had seat belts for all four.

The pictures make this look more like a wagon versus the current Q7. Almost looks like an A4 or A5 Avant.