Kansas City area "working get-together" Sept 6, 2014

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Brian and I were extremely disappointed that Tdifest was cancelled as we have never been and St Louis would have been so convenient, so we decided that since we should have a Get-together at CoolAirVw (kansascitytdi) near labor day. I decided against labor day weekend as folks will probably be spending their time with the family or going to the lake or whatever.

So, were having a "working" Get together on Sept 6th, the weekend AFTER labor day weekend.

Date: 9-6-14

Time: 8am - ????? four or five pm???

Address: 604 N Scott, Belton MO 64012

Event is for "Do it yourself work on your cars", socializing. 3 Lifts, jacks, vagcom and special tools available. Please bring your own hand tools. Please keep it "mostly minor". Please don't start a major job like clutch replacement or timing belt unless your 100% confidant you can finish in allotted time. Brian and I will be glad to help with advice and to lend a hand.

please don't expect us to do major stuff like Timing belt or Clutch or any work work for you, this is for you to do the work, but we can definitely help with the special tools or and knowledge.

If your around at lunch time we can send someone down to the BBQ joint for some tasty BBQ (best ribs in the world!) , or just order in and chow on a pizza.

Please bring Tdi loving friends or other folks who we can expose to the love of Tdi's and get them to join the family.

If your wanting to bring stuff.... cups, ice, or pop? Cheese dip?

To see the pics of some other Get-togethers we've had click the links below.

PHP:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=394242&highlight=kansas

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=349379&highlight=kansas

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=304474&highlight=kansas&page=2

Great time to:

1. change that oil
2. Look at that annoying oil/antifreeze leak.
3. change that transmission filter
4. grease up them squeeky sway bar bushings.
5. fix that annoying armrest
6. change that cabin air filter that you didn't know existed.
7. See why that check engine, ABS light or Airbag light is on.
8. Inspect your Cam.
9. Install a skid plate

Last edited:

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
Thanks, Richard and Brian! I'll make a note of it and hope that it works for me to come.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I'll put this down on the calendar as well. :)

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I will try to make it
I have a rear passenger door lock that needs help- resoldered I think

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
I always have a laundry list of things to do.

On my radar right now is rear shocks that I have probably destroyed with my lowering springs. Possible shock mounts too. Might switch to coil overs if the money is the same. Front half shafts and bearings. Something is clicking something fierce up there when I make tight slow corners. Brakes are squealing real bad. I need to refill my washer fluid. Pretty sure I can hold out till September.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I always have a laundry list of things to do.

On my radar right now is rear shocks that I have probably destroyed with my lowering springs. Possible shock mounts too. Might switch to coil overs if the money is the same. Front half shafts and bearings. Something is clicking something fierce up there when I make tight slow corners. Brakes are squealing real bad. I need to refill my washer fluid. Pretty sure I can hold out till September.
Let me know what you plan to do and I will bring the tools. I have just completed a complete suspensions refresh with the only piece of the suspension not replaced is the inner tie rod end on the passenger side. I went with Koni Yellows and I like them. I did not lower my car. I have complete brake tool set and a Power Motive Bleeder; I might bleed my brakes.

Only 486 miles for us, just a short drive.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Hey Chris - do you think Neil (DCell) would come along also? Its been a long time since I had time to stop while I was thru Indy. With you coming from Indy it'll be like a mini TDI Fest of our own :p

ecorob

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 2000 Golf TDI, 1992 Jetta Eco-Diesel,
KC GTG - Getting there ?

Your generous invite really fills the gap with big plans for my first TDI Fest dashed.

I'll be there IF my OM1 transmission can make it. I won't spoil the good news of your GTG thread with my tranny project please take a look at my PM.

TDI_KC

TDI
2002 New Beetle GLS
Would installing new struts be too major of a job for the working get together? I'll probably be the first one there as usual, so could get an early start on it. I bought the kit from Blauparts, just need to install it.

Solamia

TDI
2001 Blue Jetta TDI (380K mi)
I'm so excited about this! But will I be the only female there that works on her own car?

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
We had RedHeadedLadyBeetle at one of our GTG's, and I regularly invite a few of my female customers who are regulars, but usually its mostly men.

your welcome and you'll find lots Tdi lovin' guys hanging around for moral support for whatever you want to do to your car.

ecorob

TDI
Hi Richard

MyOM1 transmission has been holding up OK. With 260K+ on the transmission and my money will go toward a manual swap or a nicer Golf or Wagon with a manual.

I'll do another ATF fluid change today before leaving Wisconsin for your KC GTG. I hope to work on a basic tuneup check of my vacuum system and actuators and assess the condition of my turbo with help from the GTG crew, maybe install a new ball joint and a final fluid change before I leave.

Do you stock enough FEBI AFT for a fluid change and a filter kit if needed?

Is there a meetup for coffee/ breakfast Saturday, or just meet at the shop at 9? Please remind me of the GTG location address and phone number there.

Rob

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Do you stock enough FEBI AFT for a fluid change and a filter kit if needed?

Yes.

Is there a meetup for coffee/ breakfast Saturday,
No.

Please remind me of the GTG location address and phone number there.
location is in post number one in this thread. Its accurate in google maps and most gps.

I don't put my phone number here. I get too many nationwide "tech help" calls as it is (almost daily). I probably get one "worldwide" "tech help" call every two or three months, including Israel, Australia, couple other EU nations that I cant remember (Latvia??), and a few from south america and two from the Island of Trinidad/Tobago.

Of course my phone number is on my website... Any person in the general Kansas City area is welcome to call, any person not close enough to bring their vehicle to me should email.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Headed up to shop now. We got 2 of the racks free yesterday and I had Moriah and Russ working together to try to finish up a trans job to free up the #3 rack for the GTG, but they didn't quite get it finished so I'm going to try to finish it up before the GTG.

ecorob

TDI
Last minute timing belt replacement done (good timing), then starter motor fail (bad timing). I'll miss you KC, have a great GTG !