Central Illinois

Would you show up to a Peoria area GTG?

• Total voters

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
First off, I am brand new to the TDI community. 6 months ago I bought my 2005 MK5 Jetta. Had rotten luck and my transmission went out. 6 grand later I finally have my baby back. I have also been working back in forth with Malone to fine tune.

I would like to find others in the area that have more knowledge and experience than my own, along with any other TDI newbies.

Also I have a Micro-CAN from Ross-Tech, I would be more than happy to let you use it. I might be able to help with some mods and logging too.

I am also helping out with TDIFest2014, which is going to be a short trip to St. Louis.

Once we get out of this frozen hell, it'd be cool to get a group together.

PM me and maybe hopefully we can get some steam rolling!

Last edited:

ahhhhwhoa

TDI
03 TDI Wagon
If you are on Facebook shoot me a PM, there is a group on there I am apart of, many of them are based out of Peoria and usually do a few meets each year that have a good turn out! Either way I am in for a meet up in the area, I am from Springfield myself.

Joe_Diesel

TDI
2010 VW Jetta DSG
Hopefully yes....don't get on here as often as I'd like so it was nice to see that TDIfest is someplace I can attend this year. On a side note, you guys have any VW dealers you'd recommend in Central Illinois... my car is at Sud's now and they're asshats.

Last edited:

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
If you are familiar with the Peoria area, the Autohaus off of Allan road has treated me very well! Very professional and knowledgable.
Plus they have free smoothies and snacks haha
Casey is the guy you want to see, takes great care of his customers

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Also! Just got back from the first TDIfest2014 meeting. Looks like it is going to be a good turn out!
If you have something to bring to the table, think you have a good idea, or just want to help!
PM me

One last thing, I heard there was a Facebook page up for the area? I havnt been able to find it. I may make another page and start from scratch.

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
I have a good sized lot in mind. Its on Knoxville and pioneer parkway. easy to find and its normally empty.

all of you that said that you would like to or might be able to make one, I want to get some feedback. what do you guys want to do at this meet?

if a couple of you want to get some tunes from Malone I could get my guy to come. We could get a couple of photographers out there, there is a Red Carpet Carwash next door too so we could get them all lookin perty.

or we could try to get a garage if there were some mods that you were wanting to do.

gimme some input and shoot some ideas at me guys!

tbarnhart

TDI
2010 VW Golf TDI
I don't know Peoria realy well but that all sounds good to me. I won't have money for any upgrades but would love to see and talk to the Malone people for later down the road. I'm down for anything. Maybe a cookout or something as well?

BCRacing24

TDI
2012 VW Jetta 2.0T TDI\DSG
On a side note, you guys have any VW dealers you'd recommend in Central Illinois... my car is at Sud's now and they're asshats.

That's not very encouraging since I just bought a car from them..... =(

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I've been PM'd on why I said no.

Well.....This is the MIDWEST SECTION. That includes a lot of states.
Second. Peoria in a 4+ hour drive. Not interested.

And to those using Suds. Don't. I fix a lot of messed up stuff from them.

Joe_Diesel

TDI
2010 VW Jetta DSG
That's not very encouraging since I just bought a car from them 4 days ago..... Part of the final deal was that they do the DSG transmission service @ my 1st oil change...... =(

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
I called VWoA and they followed up with Suds, and me as well. The tech was nice, I spoke with him personally and the lady at service desk it's self was ok. Wound up I had water in my fuel.. there were 4 other TDI's with the same issue sitting in the lot when I left. I think I filled up at the Mobile out off Towanda Barnes last time... Can't say for sure it was them though...

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Jason_TDI,

This was posted as a sub category to the Midwest. If you Arnt interesting in Central IL, no harm. No need to cause a scene though.

justintime_3

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 tdi Jetta, 2006 tdi jetta PKG 2
I may be interested in attending. I also have Vag-com USB cable and one for my 2000 that I may end up selling if anyone is in need of one. And I am contemplating getting a tune on my 06.

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Also, one last thing for today.
I just made a page for my area on Facebook.

If you would like to be added either PM me your name (or some other way to find you on Facebook), or simply search "TDI of Peoria"

ecorob

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 2000 Golf TDI, 1992 Jetta Eco-Diesel,
Looking for a tune on my 2000 Golf, using a 10 mm injection pump and .205 nozzles with
an automatic transmission. Cost is a question?

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Here is the Malone Tuning website.

http://www.malonetuning.com/tdi

The tunes are based on Stage, and if you want a custom tune. I would recommend the custom tune for max efficiency, because the tune will be for YOUR specific vehicle.

Ecorob, you will have to pay for the custom tune to get the most out of your upgrades, but that goes for everyone. Malone is also great about retunes, very cheap.

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
So far 17 have answered the poll. I'm assuming a safe estimate to be 10-12 people as of now.

Let's try to get the word out there so no one is missing out.
And again, give me your input, ideas, hopes, dreams, *****es, moans, and complaints!
Anything to get this moving!

What time frame would be good for you? May? June? Sooner? Or later?

And again, we now have a Facebook page to make things easier if you are into that.

Share it, like it, join it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tdiofpeoria/

boisebiker

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 428k, 1997 Passat 230k
I would be in for a GTG, only about a 2 hour drive for me. Heck my fuel gauge will hardly move. I am up for just about anything but a cook out is alway welcome. I am interested is seeing other cars and talking to other owners. I have made a few mods in the past 2 months and plan to do many more. As funds and time allow I would like to do a few upgrades also.

Marksaustyn

TDI
2005.5 (new) Jetta TDI
Hey guys I'm working on getting a Dyno for the fest.

If you are interested PM me! Or go to the the Facebook page posted for more information

PAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 5 spd bug, 03 Jetta 5 spd con, 06 5 spd Jetta, 15 GSW DSG, 15 Golf DSG
fyi--i am in galesburg and have 4 tdi's. one is about to turn 200k. on another note there are more and more tdi's in the burg--great car for the distance from anything.