www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:33   #1
nptdi

Default 2002 Jetta TDI fuel filter replacement

How much pressure should I apply to get the return valve reseated? I have the filter changed, O-rings replaced, and all the lines hooked back up. Should I unhook all the fuel lines, remove the filter and try to reseat the valve prior to putting it in the engine? I can not get it in! I have been on here for an hour and can't find the answer. So alas, a new thread is born.
nptdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:36   #2
nptdi

Oh, and the reason I haven't already pulled the lines from the T(return valve) is because they are stuck on there pretty good and I didn't want to risk cracking anything.
Old January 10th, 2014, 13:10   #3
nptdi

ISSUE RESOLVED:
before I removed the line from the return valve I was almost pushing as hard as I could with one hand while still supporting the filter with my other and I could not get it in. I removed one side and it popped in without too much fuss. All and all not a hard project but I sure hate those compression clips, or whatever they are called. Trying to remove them with needle nose pliers is a pain. Car cranked up and drove fine post filter replacement. If air got in the system would it have already presented itself?