www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General Automotive

General Automotive General automotive discussion. This is intended to be a discussion about other not VW and Diesel cars you may have or interested in.

Old November 20th, 2013, 11:51   #1
gunnerdd972

TDI(s): 2000 NB GLS
Default 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

Yes, you read that right. The new Colorado will come out for the 2015 model year. The diesel won't be ready until 2016. If no other company is going to offer a small P/U with a diesel I will be getting this truck.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/11...irst-look.html
gunnerdd972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:56   #2
Barnitz
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta

Came here to post this.. Just saw it..
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/2...led-diesel-la/

Looking pretty nice.
"the current Thai-spec diesel puts out 200 hp and 368 lb-ft of torque"
Duramax Diesel 4-cyl
2006 Jetta 5-speed, GTB1749V from Darkside, Stage 2 Franko6 Cam, SBC Stage 2 Endurance Clutch with SMF, Malone Stage 2 custom tune w/Dynamic Idle and EGR Delete, Dieselgeek short shifter, EGR Cooler Deleted with Block-Off Plates, H&R Touring Cup Kit, ECS Dogbone Insert
Barnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2013, 12:01   #3
Jayg
Veteran Member

Mahindra couldn't do it and I wanted that badly. If GM could pull this off and the Jetta would be gone. It actually looks alot like the VW Amarok.

Last edited by Jayg; November 20th, 2013 at 12:19.
Jayg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2013, 14:33   #4
texcross

TDI(s): Jetta

It does look quite a bit like the VW Amarok, the well well/qtr panels very different, but the rest the same style. Next will Ford and Toyota do something similar?
texcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2013, 14:46   #5
STLTDI

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said. Once the baby and future children are out of rear-facing car seats, this will be the way I'm going as well. Will be built about 15 miles from my house, so that helps sway me too.
STLTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:09   #6
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta

If it isn't optioned up to the max, I would be all over it . It just kills me that my current Jetta has a lot more options than I really want.

Lets see, really stupid options:
  • Heated W/S washers
  • Sunroof
  • Heated R/V mirrors
  • Sat Radio
  • Power windows
  • Navigation
  • Auto trans
  • Alloy wheels
  • Carpets
  • Lighted make up mirrors
Mahindra would have been great providing it had good load capacity, power and didn't require you to grow a vagina to appreciate all the bogus options.

I don't know it you manufacturers are listening, just give me a basic Diesel M/T truck without carpets or other nonsense extras...............
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing

Last edited by Ol'Rattler; November 21st, 2013 at 02:31.
Ol'Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 16:28   #7
kydsid
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2012 Passat

I'll reserve judgement until I find out if the dpf is serviceable and if its one piece with the DOC. Not a mistake I'll make a second time. Until then I'll stick to my f250 and its nice 6.7.
Old November 21st, 2013, 16:53   #8
Ski in NC
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48-52 typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rattler View Post
If it isn't optioned up to the max, I would be all over it . It just kills me that my current Jetta has a lot more options than I really want.

Lets see, really stupid options:
  • Heated W/S washers
  • Sunroof
  • Heated R/V mirrors
  • Sat Radio
  • Power windows
  • Navigation
  • Auto trans
  • Alloy wheels
  • Carpets
  • Lighted make up mirrors
Mahindra would have been great providing it had good load capacity, power and didn't require you to grow a vagina to appreciate all the bogus options.

I don't know it you manufacturers are listening, just give me a basic Diesel M/T truck without carpets or other nonsense extras...............
The sad truth is that the above Foo Foo Fluffy options are very cheap for the mfg's to add to the car (truck) and with all those added they can hide the substantial cost of the diesel powerplant. They figure they won't sell any bare diesel vehicles at a cost just a little below the one with all the fluff.
1986 VW Pathfinder 1.6 45hp Marine 4700 Hrs
2001 Cummins 8.3 420hp Marine 1660Hrs..REFIT DONE!!
Ski in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 17:07   #9
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-45 mpg

I'll believe it when I see it sitting on a showroom floor-and I'll bet it will be way north of $30k. Still waiting to see the 1/2 ton Dodge diesel. I think the manufacturers like to say there will be a diesel option to get our hopes up,then pull the plug on it.
Old November 21st, 2013, 17:59   #10
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy

Fuel Economy: see signature

After seeing a Mahindra in person, I will tell you that the build quality sucked... Embarrassingly bad. I'm not sure what all of the buzz was over it.

Hopefully Chevy moves forward with a diesel Colorado, but I'll believe it when I see it.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 18:13   #11
no-blue-screen
Veteran Member

I agree with Ol'Rattler . That is the one thing that is nice about my 2012 Passat TDI SE....it has what I like and nothing more. I am also with VeeDubTDI in that I will believe it when I see it. It sounds promising provided they can offer a model at a reasonable price.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:29   #12
IFRCFI
Veteran Member

I'm guessing 1970s era vinyl interiors, hand crank windows, and 13 inch bias ply tires won't be the base. Some of you bare bones guys make me laugh!!
IFRCFI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:57   #13
bubbagumpshrimp
Veteran Member

That would be pretty cool. I'd love to get a diesel compact truck. I would have most likely gone that route, regardless of the maker, if one was available when I was car shopping. The only reason I didn't go with another pick-up, but smaller (I had an F-150)...is the fuel economy. I can stomach bad fuel economy and no car payment...or good fuel economy and a car payment...but I cannot stomach bad fuel economy AND a car payment (i.e. Toyota Tacoma).
bubbagumpshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:03   #14
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

I'd replace my current 07 canyon if the price weren't too out of line. With the 4 cyl and manual tranny, I get about 20 running around town and 25 on the highway when I keep it below 65. I'd have to go with another extended cab to keep the 6 foot bed so the kayaks still fit.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:48   #15
tbarnhart

I came from a 2004 Colorado ext cab. I loved the truck but not the mileage and the lack of room in the cab and I couldn't afford a crewcab. Now that you can get a crew cab and a 6 foot bed I will be looking into it when the diesels get here.
tbarnhart is offline   Reply With Quote