www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2013

TDIFest 2013 Discussion about TDIFest 2013 on the Labour Day weekend (August 30th to September 1st, 2013) in Sunday River, near Bethel, Maine. Latest information in the TDIFest wiki.

Old August 29th, 2013, 15:10   #16
gutts
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: 41-52.1

Wow nowhere else can you see a bad luck/ good luck scenario like this !!!
TDI club rocks !!!
gutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 17:49   #17
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

^^^
What he said.
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 18:47   #18
AndyBees
Veteran Member

Wow! Got stuck in traffic for an hour this morning immediately upon entering the interstate in Cumberland, MD........ that's the bad luck! Good luck, the Vanagon ran fine all day. Results of losing an hour put us at this Campground east of Bennington, VT at dark ................ all tucked in now!

OP, glad you have received tons of help!
'84 Vanagon '02 ALH TDI engine(32 to 35+ MPGs consistently) Malone Stage 1 tune. Road trip to Nova Scotia 2013. Road trip to Alaska summer 2014 & 2016, 11k & 12k miles. 80k miles on install, Jetta Cluster odometer currently at 209k miles.
AndyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 20:03   #19
RedDragon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Fuelly

Thanks everyone! We are going to dig into it tomorrow. Aaron is bring a complete head with him from Oregon. Everyone has tools, best place for a TDI to break down. A positive is that it will be a great learning experience.
'01 NB TDI 206k 5-spd swap - Malone stage 4, Titan 764, VNT-17 Turbo, 11mm pump, 3bar, DieselGeek Race Pipe, Neuspeed P-Flo, 18x8;10 Porsche Twists w/ BFG Comp2 tyres, 2.5" turbo back, 25mm H&R Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Pro System, NB TS bumper conversion
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 15:19   #20
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

I picked up Aaron at the airport with head in hand. He's in my B4V and should be there by now. If anyone needs any extras or tools, let me know and I'll bring them up in the morning.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 15:58   #21
Got Bearings?
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 36 / 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutts View Post
Wow nowhere else can you see a bad luck/ good luck scenario like this !!!
TDI club rocks !!!
Happens a lot more than you think on other forums.

On another forum I'm on, I've see the following:

- tranny swap in a parking lot. Broken trans guy drove to the event and the good trans guy trailered his car. Each guy removed their tranny and swapped the good tranny in so he could get home.

Another crashed on the road course and broke his radiator. Another guy removed his from his trailered car so he could get home.

My car caught fire (minor - I put it out before engulfed but did some damage)in CO and within 3 hours, I had a car hauler ready to go and 95% of all the parts I needed shipped to my house, FREE the following week!

Good luck OP!
Looking for Battery Cables, better & cheaper than OEM? Click here for info
Got Bearings? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:14   #22
rallypilot

Powderhound just sent me this thread. If lug_nut is right, belt not broken and engine seized the problem is a little bigger. I have a motor if you need it, let me keep the pump and ancillaries and you can have it for $800. I hope you fix yours but I just thought I would let you know one is out there and I'm in NH so not too far away. Good luck.
rallypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:33   #23
Antsrcool

I can't make fest but am I'm western ma. If anyone needs anything.
Old September 1st, 2013, 20:47   #24
RedDragon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Fuelly

IT LIVES!!!!!! I can't thank enough everyone that it getting my TDI back on the road I really can't. This truly is an amazing group of people.
'01 NB TDI 206k 5-spd swap - Malone stage 4, Titan 764, VNT-17 Turbo, 11mm pump, 3bar, DieselGeek Race Pipe, Neuspeed P-Flo, 18x8;10 Porsche Twists w/ BFG Comp2 tyres, 2.5" turbo back, 25mm H&R Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Pro System, NB TS bumper conversion
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 20:52   #25
Uberhare
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Depends on what I'm towing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Bearings? View Post
Happens a lot more than you think on other forums.
On another forum I'm on, I've see the following:
- tranny swap in a parking lot. Broken trans guy drove to the event and the good trans guy trailered his car. Each guy removed their tranny and swapped the good tranny in so he could get home.
Another crashed on the road course and broke his radiator. Another guy removed his from his trailered car so he could get home.
My car caught fire (minor - I put it out before engulfed but did some damage)in CO and within 3 hours, I had a car hauler ready to go and 95% of all the parts I needed shipped to my house, FREE the following week!
Good luck OP!
I've changed an engine in the drag strip lanes at Waterfest.....

Good to hear all is sorted out.
Old September 1st, 2013, 22:53   #26
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
IT LIVES!!!!!! I can't thank enough everyone that it getting my TDI back on the road I really can't. This truly is an amazing group of people.

Awesome! Congrats!
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:03   #27
Caddy 16v
Veteran Member

Nice, so what did it turn out to be?
2000 Jetta, mufflerectomy, Evolution Atlas skid plate, OEM xenon reps retrofitted, Hella Micro DE, HFLOX Warp 3 nozzles, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 5 Custom, Euro 17/22, DC Stage 4 clutch, STAGG suspension, Curt hitch, Auber EGT and NSP boost gauge, Hella Sharptones, Rally Armor mud flaps, 1.8T pancake pipe, upgraded SMIC, VAG-COM, all offroaded out
2000 Golf, JSP Armadillo skid plate, limo tint (Sold)
Caddy 16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:22   #28
ymz
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.3 l/100 km (at 115 km/h)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy 16v View Post
Nice, so what did it turn out to be?
Details!!! Details!!! Curious Minds need Details!!!

Yuri

PS: yes, this is an awesome group of people!!!

Pereat mundus, fiat musica!
ymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:10   #29
MikeS_18
Veteran Member

wait, another evil beetle???
MikeS_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:17   #30
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

This is so good to hear! As we've been saying all weekend, this couldn't be a better place for something like this to happen. That's not just spin. TDIclub rocks it!
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote