www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 18:05   #1
soldieroverseas

Default Make me faster vets

Hello to all . I am currently in Afghan serving and am attempting to spend some of this money on my 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . What are some things I can do to improve the performance of my TDI and ultimately make it faster.. I am new to this and am sorry if I am out of place by asking a question like this, so please go easy on me Thanks Ron
soldieroverseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 18:11   #2
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

I suggest that you should read alot here.

Things change so what you do not may be different when you get home.

Remember that you have to tell us the miles on the car and the transmission THESE are important. Is the car being driven now? or in storage?

Thanks for being where you are and not appreciated by the locals, my time 40 years ago was in a similar place.
PeterV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 18:11   #3
Scoutx
Veteran Member

This mod provides a pretty good boost in top end performance.

http://tinyurl.com/5u8gqxn
Old June 2nd, 2013, 19:06   #4
mrchill
TDIClub Enthusiast
Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Location: MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x 2!

So many choices...I could go on about them all... Like Peter said..how many miles? Auto or manual? How does it run now? If you get home anytime soon, try testing a couple of modded cars to get a sense of what you personally enjoy...this way, no money spent till you are sure. I can hook you up with a few cars modded different ways so that you can test them out when you become available....

If you were traveling at the speed of light, and you turned your lights on......would anything happen?

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

You will get NOTHING! And you WILL be GRATEFUL!
mrchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 19:53   #5
GTiTDi
TDIClub Enthusiast
Macht Schnell! Vendor
w/Business number

Location: 3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachusetts

ultimate mod? chassis swap. If you want you can take a ride/drive my TDI swapped mk2 GTI....you will be hooked and looking for a donor to drop your ALH into in no time!
schnellvw.com
GTiTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 13:13   #6
soldieroverseas

HAHa you guys are awesome . Well I have a 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . Its Manual Transmission and has about 148000 miles on it . It is currently at my buddys place where he starts it every couple days and gets the tires rolling . I am due to be home mid Aug, so not much time left here . The previous owner put in a Vanaken power box, I think its called that . Anyway, it goes directly to my fuel pump, but I have tried to flip the toggle switch and I don't hear or feel much of a difference so maybe he hooked it up wrong . I have been told by one of our Army Mechanics today to stay away from water/methanol injection . Don't know why but alright . Thanks for the help, war sucks but my car will make me feel good when I get back!!! Ron
Old June 3rd, 2013, 18:14   #7
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

You should go to TDIFest in Maine this year. it's over labor day weekend. You will see several modded TDIs there. There are guest speakers that give lectures and workshops about your TDI. several gurus and vendors are there every year. Plus there are usually raffles and give aways. Take your money there. Plus some people bring items to sell.

Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 18:38   #8
LNXGUY
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldieroverseas View Post
HAHa you guys are awesome . Well I have a 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . Its Manual Transmission and has about 148000 miles on it . It is currently at my buddys place where he starts it every couple days and gets the tires rolling . I am due to be home mid Aug, so not much time left here . The previous owner put in a Vanaken power box, I think its called that . Anyway, it goes directly to my fuel pump, but I have tried to flip the toggle switch and I don't hear or feel much of a difference so maybe he hooked it up wrong . I have been told by one of our Army Mechanics today to stay away from water/methanol injection . Don't know why but alright . Thanks for the help, war sucks but my car will make me feel good when I get back!!! Ron
Set of nozzles a tune will really wake that car up. Once that's done, it's time to open your wallet if you want some more hp.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 19:09   #9
soldieroverseas

Wow that TDI fest sounds like a great idea. Maine is close enough to CT, thanks. Now when you guys mention bigger nozzles.. what size are the stock injectors, and what size do I want to lean toward ? Also when tuning a car, which I have never done . Is this something that can be done by a Mechanic shop or do certain individuals specialize in tuning vehicles . And your welcome when it comes to my service brnsgrbr, I am very proud to serve . Ron