My new Passat 2.0 TDI 140 cr

bassman5066

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door TDI (sold back for Dieselgate), 91 Golf 4 Door with 1Z swap
Uggh! I thought Europeans understood good citizenship and respecting the air we all breath. So much for the myth that Europeans are any better than those in the USA.

I am now unimpressed and uninterested. ANYONE can get more power and torque if they gut the systems.

I can only respect someone who achieves it within the confines of the current rules and doesn't need to change the rules to do better. That shows really quality.

:screwy: Really dude? As soon as you change the power output of an engine, you are technically "tampering" with emissions devices because the vehicle was tested at a certain power levels, and once those levels change, all the emissions test data goes out the window. This even goes for something as simple as a K and N air filter or a cat back exhaust. You cannot increase power without throwing emissions standards out the window, no matter how little power you may be talking about.

Don't worry, the little 2.0 CR engine will be quite smoke free when mapped, especially when compared to those trucks i see on the I95 over there,,not to mention the gas guzzling SUV's too ;-), i'm quite sure my actions tomorrow on my little diesel won't end the world ;-)
Exactly. An engine this small does not need a DPF to meet emissions standards. A specific requirement was added that required a DPF on all diesels, which was mostly aimed at trucks, but we get stuck with them when we really don't need them to reach target soot levels because of all the other emissions crap they stuff into this motor. The DPF wastes fuel and power, raises EGT, and the ones VW puts out are junk. They may be good for light to heavy trucks, but they're a bit much for our TDIs.

BTW, OP that is a sweet looking vehicle and I am jealous as all hell. Your turbo swap inspires me to do that to my CR one day (when the OE one fails, gotta get my moneys worth ;) ). Are you simply shooting for the 170 HP that the turbo was made for, or will you push it a little more? Will be waiting for dyno results...

Sent from my Bosch Motronic ECM via VCDS Version 1.9LVE

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Man! The euro passat is a real beauty ! Way to rub it in to those of us in the North America who get the gimped version .... Congrats on the sweet ride :)
We don't get a "gimped" version. We get a deliberately "defeatured" version so that the "price" thing is lower. We always need to remember that until the NMS, VW was always trying to put a car in the mid-size market against competition that was priced, ceteris paribus, about $10K less. They solved that problem with the NMS, judging by sales figures, but some things had to go.

I like my nice new 2013 Passat. A lot.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Very nice.

Side-by-side comparison shots show just how much smaller the B7 is compared to the NMS. Note the size of the rear doors...

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
The photo is kinda deceiving as i took the shot with the phone upright and has squashed the car a little, having seen both models they seem similiar in size to the naked eye anyway .

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Hey Mick, I envy your brick house.

We build here in the States tinder-boxes, which hurricanes here in our Jersey Shore, like Sandy, can easily blow to smithereens.

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
Just a little mod i'm adding, the genuine VW LED footwell lights. Once activated by VCDS they will come on with the interior lights or you can set them in the MFD for ambient lighting to glow while driving. You can also adjust the percentage of the light via the MFD or alternatively switch them off and only illuminate when you open and close door..

Easy mod to do.

MonkeyTime

TDI
'10 MKV
Just a little mod i'm adding, the genuine VW LED footwell lights. Once activated by VCDS they will come on with the interior lights or you can set them in the MFD for ambient lighting to glow while driving. You can also adjust the percentage of the light via the MFD or alternatively switch them off and only illuminate when you open and close door..

Easy mod to do.
Can I ask what you paid for that kit and where you got it? That's one I'd like to do too (now that I've seen it).

MT

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk