www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2013

TDIFest 2013 Discussion about TDIFest 2013 on the Labour Day weekend (August 30th to September 1st, 2013) in Sunday River, near Bethel, Maine. Latest information in the TDIFest wiki.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 19:04   #301
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

I just got home, I had no problem with traffic. I'm happy to here everyone had good time. I had great time.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 19:17   #302
vw_nut
Veteran Member

Thanks to all who helped make this possible. This was our first fest and we have both enjoyed it very much. Im sure it wont be our last. The trip up and back we took back roads and the views were beautiful great job staff
vw_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 21:01   #303
Metal Man

Home and then to the ER with my son, he's OK.
Metal Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:10   #304
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

After having left Sunday River at 9:30 p.m. last night, I got back home safe and sound ... this morning at 9:00 a.m. - 11.5 hours for what should have been a 2.5 hour drive. I put off filling up thinking I'd do so on the way home, not thinking that stations will close early or not open at all on Labor Day evening in the rural northeast. The reserve warning came on shortly after starting off; I could have made it to the border on the reserve, but it would have done me no good. Instead of risking running out of fuel, I pulled over in the parking lot of an information center near Colbrook, NH. Filled up in town this morning and continued home.

Lessons?
1) This is not Europe, or even urban North America - Diesel is not available everywhere and not all stations are open 24/7/365; fill-up when having the chance and don't try range heroics (>800 miles) in unfamiliar territory.
2) The driver's seat of my car is EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE to sleep on for more than 8 hours. I should have slept in the car at Parking Lot 8 than camping - would have been a lot drier.

P.S.: VERY close call with a deer, but thankfully missed hitting it. 2 so far is more than enough for my driving career.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.

Last edited by TDIMeister; September 3rd, 2013 at 11:12.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:11   #305
TDIMeister
Moderator at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Man View Post
Home and then to the ER with my son, he's OK.
Thanks for your support and the much appreciated refreshments! My thoughts are with you for a quick recovery for whatever ails your son.

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:29   #306
n1das
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Who cares? It's a DIESEL! Great fuel economy comes as a bonus!
Cool

Pedestrians have landed at TDIfest2013!!

Is that a ghost or a vampire on the right? The yellow highlight is done by the night vision system software when it recognizes the shape of person in the image. The detection isn't 100% reliable but it helps add contrast to the raw FLIR image. A TDI in the background was also seen getting warmed up to temp.

Lisa and I had a great time at TDIfest. In the BMW I logged 173 miles of driving while at the fest. The 173 miles includes the group drive up and down the Mt.Washington Auto Road and demo rides and a couple of test drives.
Member SSBMWO

Why DIESEL is better:
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/efficiency.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/performance.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions2014.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions2016.html

Last edited by n1das; September 3rd, 2013 at 11:33.
n1das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 18:28   #307
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Cool picture . Enjoy your new BMW.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 20:11   #308
JFettig

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1das View Post
Pedestrians have landed at TDIfest2013!!

Is that a ghost or a vampire on the right? The yellow highlight is done by the night vision system software when it recognizes the shape of person in the image. The detection isn't 100% reliable but it helps add contrast to the raw FLIR image. A TDI in the background was also seen getting warmed up to temp.

Lisa and I had a great time at TDIfest. In the BMW I logged 173 miles of driving while at the fest. The 173 miles includes the group drive up and down the Mt.Washington Auto Road and demo rides and a couple of test drives.

Hey the ghost is me
DIY injector calibration http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:14   #309
burpod
teh stallionz!!1

had an awesome fest! thanks to everyone involved! looks like i'm one of those yellow pedestrians, lol, that's a great pic!
88 scirocco
AHU 2056vl build... delayed...05 jetta tdi & 06 golf tdi
burpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:41   #310
TDIMeister
Moderator at Large

Oh yeah, my MFA indicated fuel economy of 4.2 L/100 km (56 MPUSG) after being reset on the fill-up on the way home. Pen-and-paper comparisons are consistently 0.1-0.2 L/100 km more. Even so, I'll happily take 4.5 L/100km or 52.3 MPG.

Old September 4th, 2013, 10:45   #311
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature
Default TDIFest 2013 coming to Sunday River Ski Resort (Newry, Maine)

David, thanks for the ride in the BMW. What a machine!

The Fest turned out GREAT! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it up to Maine and enjoy a great weekend. Also thanks to all of our vendors and volunteers who worked so hard to pull everything off.

See you next year!!! Also, anyone interested in a growing social/hangout GTG should check out the Detroit Auto Show GTG coming up mid-January... I think we had 30+ people last year

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:19   #312
d.david

TDI(s): 02 Jetta
Fuel Economy: To the Fest 52.7

This was my first Fest and hopefully will be able to attend more. Had a great time. Met a lot people. Thanks to all who put this together. The hard work daily was increadible. Again a big THANK YOU!!
d.david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:55   #313
JFettig

Whitbread, Tiff, Myself, Burpie, and tooef? looks like my car in the background
DIY injector calibration http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote