Location of N75 valve and other turbo components, solving LHM

Muleears

TDI
'10 Jetta, Salsa Red, DSG
I'm having the Limp Home Mode problem that resets when the car is turned off and restarted. The car throws no codes. In searching I have found that the N75 valve and several turbo hoses could be the culprits. I can search the turbo hoses for leaks but I have no idea where the N75 is, if someone could describe or post a pic that would be great. Also I read of a ground wire chaffing through one of the turbo inlet hoses, where exactly does this take place? Do I need access from the bottom to see it? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
N75 is on the snorkle pipe from the air box to the turbo inlet. It is close to the inlet side and the electric radiator fan. It has an electrical connection.

The ground wire can be seen from below. It rubs on the outlet hose from the turbo. It is next to the passenger side motor mount bracket.

Most likely one of these two are the culprit.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
What scan tool are you using that cannot find a DTC after limp mode? That makes no sense, unless you are using a generic OBD2 tool.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
OH, interesting you say that. I am trying to help a friend with a 2000 Jetta TDI with similar issues and no codes are coming up. I am using Vag-Com and latest software from Ross-Tech. I am suspecting a leaking waste gate.

Muleears

TDI
'10 Jetta, Salsa Red, DSG
What scan tool are you using that cannot find a DTC after limp mode? That makes no sense, unless you are using a generic OBD2 tool.
Yes, I was using a generic scan tool. The car has run properly since a restart. I will be investigating further this weekend. Thanks for the help.