www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old September 6th, 2012, 18:18   #1
thaghost

Default Friends and Family Discount???

When I bought my Jetta TDI, the dealer gave me the friends and family discount without me offering it. They said they did this to give me the best deal. The company I work for has a fleet management company that orders all our company vehicles thru. Well, they have been ordering passat's for everyone from the dealer I got my jetta thru. So the dealer assumed I got a corporate discount and wanted me to provide our corporate number for the discount. Well I looked into it and we don't get a discount. Now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? The dealer is calling me everyday asking for the number.
thaghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 18:21   #2
ecarnell
Veteran Member

So you have purchased the car and have it home?
You paid everything/total on the bill of sale?
If so, dealers loss(probably just zero profit on the car).
Bet they won't make that mistake again....
ecarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 18:45   #3
thaghost

Yup yup. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Paid for everything and have bill of sale in hand
Old September 6th, 2012, 19:12   #4
NickBeek
Veteran Member

Oh well the little guy won one!
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:48   #5
schoeman

If they offered you family and friends discount or any other dicount without asking, I would just tell them outright that they offered it to you and that you are unable to give them a number. They will not be happy, but they will just have to live with it.. Trust me, they will get it back somehow from someone..but not from you!

1 for the little people, 0 for the dealer!!
schoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:53   #6
Organdonor
Veteran Member

If your company orders Passats through that dealer, then the discount code should be easily found in the paperwork they have in their records from past sales.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:25   #7
thaghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organdonor View Post
If your company orders Passats through that dealer, then the discount code should be easily found in the paperwork they have in their records from past sales.
its not our company directly, Wheels Inc., is our fleet management company.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:26   #8
thaghost

I don't believe they gave me the actual discount. They claimed dealer invoice was $22,800. They sold the car to me for $22,300. The sticker was $23,800. I just don't believe invoice is only 1k under msrp.

Is that realistic?
Old September 7th, 2012, 13:01   #9
Engineers<3Diesel
Veteran Member

I've seen 3 different prices before. The MSRP, the "invoice" and then what the dealer actually pays for the vehicle. Sounds like you got a deal under the "invoice" which is what most corporate discounts are. Dealer still makes money as they also have a kick back for every car sold by the manufacturer.

When I used mine with Dodge I did have to provide a print out obtained from my company, they certainly didn't offer it up that is for sure.
Engineers<3Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 14:04   #10
scurvy
Good Ol' Boy

TDI(s): 2006 Golf
Fuel Economy: ☭☠

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaghost View Post
So the dealer assumed I got a corporate discount and wanted me to provide our corporate number for the discount.
The dealer is calling me everyday asking for the number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaghost View Post
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Paid for everything and have bill of sale in hand
Let me get this straight... they offered you a corporate discount but didn't do their due diligence in the matter. Now, 2 weeks after the paperwork was signed and you have taken delivery of the car, they are calling you to get your discount number?

If the contract did not state that the price was contingent on you supplying discount information to them, they can have a Coke and a smile. Especially if you didn't finance the car through them or VW.

If you have caller ID (and most folks do these days, right? ...I've been using VOIP for 5 years so I'm used to it as a 'standard' feature) it is astoundingly easy to avoid people you don't want to talk to, or to put it a different way, to avoid callers who think they are entitled to something they are not.
Old September 7th, 2012, 15:26   #11
FVWVWF
Veteran Member

If I was you....Id say sorry...cant find the number.
You didnt make any promisses nor lied...the dealer assumed and gave you a price that he/she now regrets. Sorry...thats the nature of the game. They play it all the time.....looks like this time...the dealer was caught napping and didnt think before speaking. Too bad.
FVWVWF is offline   Reply With Quote