www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2012

TDIFest 2012 Discussion about TDIFest 2012 on the Labour Day weekend (August 31st to September 2nd, 2012) in Ypsilanti (Ypsi), Michigan.

Old September 1st, 2012, 17:46   #1
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

Default Anyone have a vagcom?

I got myself rc3 today late in the day. Jeff recommended that I meet up with someone with a vagcom tomorrow (Sunday) and log some data for him to review. Is anyone willing to take a brief ride with me?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 23:14   #2
jacob_landis08

TDI(s): Jetta 2000

i live in linton indiana which is just 50 miles south of terre haute id let you use it for a small fee but i really dont know alot about it send me a message on here for my number if your interested.
jacob_landis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:55   #3
loganbmx4gt
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_landis08 View Post
i live in linton indiana which is just 50 miles south of terre haute id let you use it for a small fee but i really dont know alot about it send me a message on here for my number if your interested.
LOL being in Indiana while he is in Michigan for TDIFest isn't going to help a whole lot lol. Also, for a small fee? Really?! and you don't know how to use it and want to charge him.....

@Mrfrankmrfrank I wish I would have seen this before I left fest Sunday afternoon. I seen you several times out & about, I would have gladly done it for free.

loganbmx4gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:27   #4
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

@logan. Thanks for your belated offer! That would have been great! I got to drive rc3 on my way to kart2kart. What a difference it makes. Jeff did suggest I vagcom a few runs to make sure everything is in safe ranges... I'm assuming boost and egts etc. my plan now is to perhaps buy myself a vagcom in the next month or so and run it myself in the car. I want to make sure everything is safe for the car. I plan on keeping it for a long time!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:10   #5
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrankmrfrank View Post
@logan. Thanks for your belated offer! That would have been great! I got to drive rc3 on my way to kart2kart. What a difference it makes. Jeff did suggest I vagcom a few runs to make sure everything is in safe ranges... I'm assuming boost and egts etc. my plan now is to perhaps buy myself a vagcom in the next month or so and run it myself in the car. I want to make sure everything is safe for the car. I plan on keeping it for a long time!
What part I Illinois are you from. If you know what parameters Jeff wants logged during your runs we can do it.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:43   #6
AndyBees
Veteran Member

I have Vag Com ............ Will be loading the Vanagon in about an hour out in the parking lot (10:30 am or a little later)
'84 Vanagon '02 ALH TDI engine(32 to 35+ MPGs consistently) Malone Stage 1 tune. Road trip to Nova Scotia 2013. Road trip to Alaska summer 2014 & 2016, 11k & 12k miles. 80k miles on install, Jetta Cluster odometer currently at 209k miles.
AndyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:24   #7
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

I'm gonna come look for you!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:30   #8
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

Hope it isn't too much trouble
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:43   #9
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

@d-cell. I'm I'm dupage county. Is that near you?
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:57   #10
mrfrankmrfrank
Veteran Member

andy was very kind however we were unable to run his vagcom in my car because of a laptop battery issue. so i will either try to meet up with someone locally in Illinois or end up getting myself one after I save up a bit.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:19   #11
nkfry
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 Spirited MPG

If you're still in MI I have VCDS and live about 10 miles north of Detroit. I'm no expert but I'm available. If you still need it gimme a call at 586- five96-1791.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:21   #12
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrankmrfrank View Post
@d-cell. I'm I'm dupage county. Is that near you?
I'm in Kendall county, not to far from you.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:58   #13
jacob_landis08

TDI(s): Jetta 2000

i would have asked for like $10 thats it its a hell of alot cheaper that buying the program isnt it? equipment has to pay for its self around here.
jacob_landis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:59   #14
mrvermin
Veteran Member

I was still at the hotel when I noticed this and met up with MrFrankMrFrank. We used my laptop and Vag-Com cable to log a few runs on the highway near the hotel. Got some good numbers and he'll mail them off to Jeff to go over.

Good to meet ya

MrVermin

mrvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:11   #15
mrvermin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_landis08 View Post
i would have asked for like $10 thats it its a hell of alot cheaper that buying the program isnt it? equipment has to pay for its self around here.
The payment is in getting to know more people in the TDICLUB community and making new friends. The side benefit is helping those that are new to the club and to TDI. Everyone needs a helping hand every once and a while, try to eat others as you would want them to tread you.

MrVermin

mrvermin is offline   Reply With Quote