2005 Passat Wagon TDI for sale in Texas

thebigtman

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
I've only owned this vehicle since the end of May when I purchased it from UPSBroke (original owner). It's an absolutely fantastic vehicle with zero issues. I am in the process of changing jobs and I will no longer need the Passat. It will end up sitting for periods of time so it is best to let it go. Therefore, I'm hopeful that someone here can make good use of it and give it a good home.
Since my purchase I have changed the oil/filter and swapped out a faulty Auxiliary Cooling fan. I installed a Pioneer AppRadio2 and have the rear hatch prewired for the addition of a subwoofer. The A/C blows very cold and everything works as it should. No tears or wear spots in the seats. A little bit of the rubberized coating is coming off on a couple spots of the console but otherwise everything is in great shape. The vehicle currently has 99k miles and has an RC2 installed. Heated leatherette seats and ESP are two options you may not be able to see in the pics. Zero rust and zero oxidation issues. The headlights had a clear protector installed over them and look as good as the day they were new. I keep all mileage recorded in a book and I average between 35.5-38mpg depending upon condition. It has been very hot in Texas lately so my mileage has been hovering around 36.5mpg.

Here is UPSBroke's original ad:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=349026&highlight=passat
I recently retired and moved to Kansas. Since I have 4 vehicles and no job to drive to-It's been decided to sell my wife's 2005 Passat tdi wagon that currently has a bit over 92k miles. It's Reflex Silver in color with a gray vinyl interior.
Before you ask- the BSM retrofit was done by Brian at Car-Doc in St. Louis on 09/09/2009 when it had 63,941 miles on it. At that time- besides the BSM- the timing belt was replaced along with the water pump and drive belts, tensioner and roller. Motor mounts were also replaced and alternator pulley updated along with replacement of outer cv boots. To finish- the transmission was flushed, oil and filter changed and a new set of Michelin HXMX4 Pilots installed and balanced. The bill at Car-Doc for the Passat was $4593.13.
The body is in near excellent condition. It has worn a Colgan bra for nearly it's whole life so there are very few marks on the front bumper. I took pictures and have shown several marks on the lip of the rear bumper cover.
The engine oil was changed with correct 505.01 oil by my local VW dealer until the 50k warranty and then I took over oil changes- also every 10k but I also changed the filter at every 5k miles between oil changes. I did also recently replace an air charge hose to the tune of $300+.
Interior is gray vinyl which is near perfect. The only interior flaw is where the shifter vinyl cover was scuffed and repainted by the dealer. It is again scuffing where my Sirius is connected at the cigarette lighter.
This is an extremely nice car and I'm asking a fair price of $15,900 and I'll be fairly firm on that price area. It is a one owner car that's body has absolutely no non-factory paint. I also have the original window sticker and dealer brochure along with almost all service receipts. If you are interested in a Passat tdi Wagon that has no issues and needs nothing- send a message through this forum or email me at XXXXXXXXX. If you have any questions or concerns- feel free to ask!

I have $500 into the stereo and wiring as well as $150 for the auxiliary fan. I am asking $15250 for the Passat.

thebigtman

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
And a few more

Rear imperfection on bumper

Here you can see the Apple 30 pin connector. There is also a plug for Android phones. I have the AppRadio2 wired to allow for front seat video viewing when in motion. The Appradio will charge your device as well. It is touch screen, pinch to zoom, etc. It also has its own GPS antenna and a BT microphone that is on the visor. It can be moved easily as it is attached via a clip.

thebigtman

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
Oilhammer did the work on this car when UPSBroke had the BSM done and yes, he did more than the BSM at that time. In addition to the BSM, it included tires, trans flush, engine mounts, alt pulley, cv boots, timing belt, water pump, drive belts and the tensioner/roller.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW

This is an extremely nice and problem free car! I'll answer an questions about it's history.:)

Last edited:

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Don't hesitate to call of PM me if your potential buyer has a change of heart or his/her needs change at the last minute.

We are interested and we would give it a very good home.

Thanks
Deming

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
mesh

Ask me- I'm the original owner! It's a kind of "pre-filter" that keeps the bigger particles like bugs from getting into the air filter. Any other questions-feel free!

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
Ask me- I'm the original owner! It's a kind of "pre-filter" that keeps the bigger particles like bugs from getting into the air filter. Any other questions-feel free!
PM sent. I'm the new owner!

Jon

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
Thought so...but that isn't stock, is it?
He was from Florida originally. You see similar things alot down there, because of lovebugs. When they swarm, the air is thick with them, you can't go more than a couple of miles before cleaning your windshield, and they can quickly clog radiators. Their body fluids also eat paint. They have no natural predators AFAIK; guess they are too nasty for anything to eat them.

Jon