TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
SOLD!!
2002 Volkswagen Golf “GLX” TDI 5-Speed
155k Miles
Candy White
Beige GTI Sport Leather interior
9BWGP61J724044096

SOLD Thanks Chris, We'll hopefully see the car around locally!

This car has been my baby. All the maintenance has been done at TDI Guru Nutsnbolts (Trembley's Last Chance Garage), with IDParts and OEM parts. The car runs and drives beautifully, and will continue to do so for a long time. As you see by my signature, I am one of those TDIers that collects. I currently have 4 cars (3 TDIs), and am the only driver, therefore it's time for me to let this one go.

The interior and exterior has been upgraded to a full GLX package. The TDI Golfs never came from the factory with all the goodies, so this is pretty rare.

Note on suspension: The current setup makes the car like a little go-cart. I have driven an almost brand new WRX, and would argue this is better behaved. However, if someone wants a more "stock" feel, I do have almost new Bilstein struts and oem shocks that I can install, along with the OEM springs. Also, the same goes for the wheels and tires. I can replace the stock 15" alloy wheels with good tires, if someone wants the smaller size.

The vehicle does carry a rebuilt title. The work to fix the damage has been done well, and the car is straight, does not eat tires, etc. I have not had any issues with titling, registering, or insuring the car. I carry a full coverage policy through Progressive.

Engine Maintenance:
IDParts complete timing belt replacement @ 150k including:
--Pentosin Antifreeze
--M1 TDT Oil and Mann Filter
--Mann Fuel Filter
--Mann Air Filter
Bosch Glow Plugs @ 150k
Interstate Battery @ 150k
Sachs G60/VR6 complete clutch replacement @152k
Rear Main Seal @152k
Transmission Fluid Replacement @ 152k
Audi TT Short Shifter @ 152k
Intake Manifold Cleaning @ 152k
Franko6 OEM T4 Nozzles @ 152k
RC2+ Tune @ 152k

Suspension / Steering / Brake Maintenance:
Front and Rear Pads and Rotors @ 150k
H&R Sport Cup Kit @ 150k
IDParts Suspension Mounts, Bolts, Bearings @ 150k
TT/R32 Control Arm Bushings @ 152k
Sway Bar Bushings @ 152k
4-Wheel Alignment @ 152k

Exterior Upgrades:
GTI headlights with fogs
DEPO LED Taillights with fogs
17” TSW Snetterton wheels with 75% 235/45R17 Nexen N7000 tires
R32 OEM heavy-duty skid plate
Pilkington Rain-Sensing Winshield installed @ 153k

Interior Upgrades:
GTI Sport Leather Heated Seats - Flip forward for easy cleaning
Complete Wood-grain Interior
Rain-sensing Auto-dim Rearview mirror
MFA Trip Computer with ambient temperature sensor
Arm Rest
6-Disk CD Changer
OEM Rubber floor mats and trunk liner

Issues / Future Maintenance:
Rust bubble on hood near headlight

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE!

Last edited:

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
It is everything you'd find in a 2002 GLX Jetta/GTI: Leather, Autodim Mirror, Woodgrain Trim, MFA Screen.. In addition to all the GLS items (Sunroof, Monsoon, Armrest, Power Heated Mirrors).

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
Not necessarily, The parts car that was used for this conversion (02 Jetta GLX) had manual climate control.. I believe you are correct on the multifunction steering wheel, however. This also doesn't have the power seats or memory mirrors.. I liked the GTI sport seats better than the flatter Jetta seats..

Last edited:

sk8rdi16

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf
So, let's here more of the accident looks like the front bumper may be a little misaligned? (Driver side at the front fender)
Why are you selling after putting all that work $$ into it ~2-3k ago?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
So, let's here more of the accident looks like the front bumper may be a little misaligned? (Driver side at the front fender)

I had the same question?

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
I had the same question?
3rded.

Also, closeup pictures of the future rust.

Better yet, can we see a 'before' photo? Was the 'straight frame' eye balled or tested on a machine? How about the tire alignment numbers?

Last edited:

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
Lots of questions, I will try to address everything. I have also added a bit more of the "sob story" up above. I can also answer questions on the phone or via PM, please PM for contact details.

Yes, the aftermarket front bumper is a bit misaligned. I have an OEM bumper I can put on the car if needed. I was planning on doing some front end modifications and try to refit the bumper (20th lip on the OEM bumper).

I currently have 4 cars, and 1 driver. Moving to Boston has put a constant strain on my relationship at the house, as well as with my neighbors. After long deliberation, I am keeping my 99.5 as the market for a 400k Jetta is small to non-existent. The MkIII will also be up for sale soon. Both of those cars have a similar list of recent maintenance.

I am a serial maintenance nut, so I basically do everything "while I'm in there". The clutch and was part of the 5-speed swap, same with the fluid, TT shifter, rear main seal, etc. The same goes for the Suspension and the Timing belt replacements. All of this was done thinking I would keep this car and sell the Jetta, but the realistic economics don't make sense that way.

Also, closeup pictures of the future rust.
This has been added to the bottom of the pictures.

Better yet, can we see a 'before' photo? Was the 'straight frame' eye balled or tested on a machine?
The damage was repaired before I owned the car. Carfax shows the collision to have happened in 2007. I don't have the full report now, but interested parties can run it with the provided VIN. I believe it is against TDIClub policies to provide a CarFax report by the seller. Up until then, the car spent it's life in TX. It was fixed and sold in New York state, which is where I bought it at the beginning of 2011.

When I purchased the car, it had Avus 15" wheels and BFGoodrich T/A tires at about 50%. The treadwear was excellent. I still have the tires, and I can take a picture of the that as an indicator that the car was not crab-walking, etc. The car has never pulled to a side. The hatch closes correctly. This is hard to re-align on a vehicle if it had lingering frame damage.

How about the tire alignment numbers?
I do not think I have the tire alignment numbers from the alignment I had done after the suspension refresh. I think alignment checks are inexpensive, so I can have a shop run the test again this weekend.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Looks like a great car for the money. I'm sure its the rebuilt title scaring people off, but I'd be awfully tempted if I was in the market for a Golf. I really like the black/tan dash look.

Blindsider

TDI
10 JSW and 15 Golf dsg
Screw this guy. Had a deal with him for $6k cash and he agreed to sell me the car. Bought a plane ticket and got the money plus insurance on the car. Day of the transaction he starts texting me people are offering asking price but says ok to $6k cash still. Then texts me while I'm about to board my flight the cars no longer available. Won't answer his phone because he's a coward PieceOf****!!! Stay away from this douche bag as hell just screw you over too. His number is (603) 556-8282 if you'd like to tell or text him thanks for ruining more peoples faith in vortex deals. Sad some people's honor is only worth $500 bucks.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
If anyone is interested in the whole story behind the previous post, please PM me.

This not Vortex :( If Blindsider can prove he bought the plan tickets and insurance.Then I would say you had a deal and you back out.This not cool at all.

Blindsider

TDI
10 JSW and 15 Golf dsg
I copy and pasted that from Vortex since that's where I originally saw the ad.

Flights
1 One-Way Ticket
All flight times are local to each city.
Wed, Aug 15, 2012 Online check-in code: Q5BK18
Depart: 06:32 pm
Arrive: 07:35 pm Albany, NY (ALB)
Boston, MA (BOS) Cape Air, Flight 1816
Economy * Class

Total Travel Time: 1 hr 3 mins

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Just report it to moderator.

Status