Help finding OEM GPS/FM/TV antenna P/N

magna413

TDI
VW Golf MKV 2.0TDI 4Motion EURO
Hi,

Wanna fit pioneer unit in my Golf 4 and therefore i need a gps antenna. I don't want to install the ugly antenna that comes with the unit and thats why wondered if it is possible to install any VW or Audi antenna that has GPS FM and TV, like a 3 in 1 antenna. TV box is separate btw and connects to unit by RCA cable.

Summery of pages:

Fakra connectors by colour
White or gray - FM/AM radio with phantom supply(power inside antenna cable).
Black - DAB (Digital Radio in Europe)
Bordeaux violet(Red) - GSM phone
Green - Sat Radio
Blue - GPS navigation
Curry (yellow) - Radio controlled WEBASTO
Water blue - Universal, fits with every fakra connector
Antennas with P/N
am/fm/gps/phone/sat radio 5N0 035 501 b
am/fm/gps/phone/dab/webasto 1k0 035 501 j
am/fm/gps/phone/dab 1K0 035 501 H
am/fm/gps/phone 5N0 035 501 D
am/fm/sat radio 1K0 035 501 C(discontinued) replaced by 5N0 035 501 A
sat-radio 3C0-035-507-R

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I found this elsewhere:

If you want an antenna with am/fm/Sirius/navi then you want 1K0-035-501 D and if you want an antenna with am/fm/gsm cellular/navi then you want 1K0-035-501 B. For just AM/FM/SiriusXM then you want 1K0-035-501 C

SLVVR6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta
FYI, if using 1stvwparts.com, remove the spaces and dashes from the above part numbers.

1K0-035-501 B ---> 1K0035501B

magna413

TDI
Ok many thanks. But how is audi oem tv getting his signal. I know some audis have TV in them and when i check parts catalouge for newer golf there is a part called "aerial amplifier for wechiles with tv reception"

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Hi,

Wanna fit pioneer unit in my Golf 4 and therefore i need a gps antenna. I don't want to install the ugly antenna that comes with the unit and thats why wondered if it is possible to install any VW or Audi antenna that has GPS FM and TV, like a 3 in 1 antenna. TV box is separate btw and connects to unit by RCA cable.
Keep in mind that the roof slope will be different from one car to the other. Test fit the antennae first before you commit.

magna413

TDI
Last edited:

magna413

TDI
Okei, i think i've got it.
What i need aka Part list:

Antenna(think i'll take the sugsested one) 1K0 035 501 B
Adapter to fit Fakra to old connector
(like this) http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/jdob/PAI9.jpg
Some cable and connectors for GPS and GSM(Not sure if use it but let it be for the moment.)
Another connector to connect to pioneer headunit(uses AVIC connector)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI

magna413

TDI
Hey again, what i've found out is that the 1K0 035 501 B antenna has 3 connectors, which are: Blue(navigation), Bordeaux violet (GSM) and White(DAB with power)
Therefore i'm starting to question does FM radio will function correctly when it's connected to antenna what is designed to another freq.

VHF/FM - 88 to 108 MHz
DAB - 175 to 230 MHz

Trying to figure out something. Keep you posted.

EDIT: Also found out that some people have been connecting their radio connector to violet(GSM), just a pointer, that that kind of connection is wrong.

And as it comes out, there's no Golf 5 or 6 FM roof antenna,cause antenna is in rear window glass.

Now thinking to just put Golf IV original antenna, there are 2 antennas with one different ending letter.
(These are compete sets) - (corresponding PN without antenna)
1J0 035 507 - 1J0 035 501
1J0 035 507 C - 1J0 035 501 A (Japanese FM)

Difference i've found is antenna whip connector ... 507 uses 6mm and ... 507 C uses 5mm

Looks even uglier than just fm antenna
http://eleanor.tool-base.de/tuning/triplex/dach_sockel.jpg vs http://www.rmeuropean.com/Images/products/large/1J0035501F_GEN_A58C52C.jpg
EDIT 2: Added info to second antenna base.

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
The 6 mm thread ones are usually for the sat nav aerials.

The "ugly" one has two versions - one for US and one for Europe to cater for the different GSM phone frequencies.

The Euro version has a green ring around the aerial hole for easy identification.

Euro Triplex Antenna with 6mm base is 1J0 035 507 which is now superseded to the three component parts separately:

Base (6mm threads) 1J0 035 501
Hex nut 8D9 035 437
Aerial rod 6mm 1J0 035 849

The famous "Sharan Stubby" sat nav aerial has 6mm threads and fits this base too.

The 1J0 035 507 C - 1J0 035 501 A you have listed appears to be for Japanese market cars which have different FM frequencies

The US sat nav was 1J0 035 507 E which has a brown base.

This is now superseded to:

Base (6mm threads) 1J0 035 501 G
Hex nut 8D9 035 437
Aerial rod 6mm 1J0 035 849 F

Last edited:

magna413

TDI
Ok updated previous post. But where can i buy a seal for the antenna base.
Thinking to buy a used antenna from Germany, but unsure if it has seal.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
The sat nav antenna seal is not available separately.

Edit:

Actually it is! see below
!

Last edited:

magna413

TDI
Too bad, how about other manufacturers, i know there is a after market seal for the usual FM antenna.
When looking this picture http://www.upload.ee/image/2557225/antenn.jpg it indicates a nr 5 next to antenna, does this mean that some other antenna like this one had or has seal as replacement part or is the part discontinued. Either way, not giving up just yet.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry I do apologise. It appears the seal part number is 1J0035350C

So it IS available separately it seems. Mine came with the aerial.

Good to know for future reference.

Deebeaux

TDI
2003 Golf GLS
Not to thread hijack, but I've got a aftermarket Pioneer radio with the satellite tuner and would love to find an OEM solution that could be adapted. Would that "1J0 035 501 G" antenna have Sirius/XM reception that could maybe be adapted to the connector on the Pioneer XM tuner unit? I was considering hiding the XM antenna under a shark fin, but this is more intriguing.

magna413

TDI
As I'm aware of there isn't a perfect solution. Does your radio also have GPS? You could use golf 5 shark fin antenna, but problem with that is that it doesn't have correct FM antenna, only DAB. Originally golf 5 antenna system is so that FM is in integrated into rear window, and roof antenna is used for a) sat-radio b) GPS c) Phone antenna d) DAB.

You could install a so called hidden antenna that glues onto your windscreen or rear window and use it for FM and install a golf 5 shark fin antenna for GPS, sat radio and maybe even for diversity(dab and FM combined). Oh yeah, for cellphone to.

PS If I'm wrong please correct me.
PS 2 I would totally want a sat radio for Europe, one day I'll visit The States and will listen to sat radio until I'm green :)

Edit 2: No, 1j0035501g doesn't have XM/sirius.

Last edited:

Deebeaux

TDI
2003 Golf GLS
I do not have the GPS module, and do not have any intention of getting it. I would like FM and Satellite in a single antenna. Right now I just have the silly magnetic one that came with the Pioneer XM Sat tuner. In the US our HD radio is IBOC (in-band on-channel) so there's no separate antenna required like DAB, it uses the same FM frequencies (and antenna) as the analog stations.

Seems like there's no perfect solution.

magna413

TDI
Found out that 5N0 035 501 b should have FM+ sat radio and + extra gps, but if you don't use it you could leave it free.

If anyone could confirm that.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I do not have the GPS module, and do not have any intention of getting it. I would like FM and Satellite in a single antenna. Right now I just have the silly magnetic one that came with the Pioneer XM Sat tuner. In the US our HD radio is IBOC (in-band on-channel) so there's no separate antenna required like DAB, it uses the same FM frequencies (and antenna) as the analog stations.

Seems like there's no perfect solution.
Sounds like you want to do what I'm planning on doing. If so, the closest I could find is VW part # 1K0-035-501 C from https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html

Enter 1K0035501C in the search box. Now this is for Sirius radios, not XM, but it should work. Sirius uses 2.32 through 2.3325 GHz while XM uses 2.3325 through 2.345 GHz so there may be a slight signal degradation.

magna413

TDI
Hellpp....my head is exploding :)

Now i maybe have been wrong in previous posts. Some say that white fakra is for FM/am and black is for DAB. If so than i could get one of 1K0 035 501H. On other page was said that it had FM/dab/gps/phone. If now i could only find out the freq of the phone antenna, if it is in cellular data range 1900/2100 than i could take that otherwise i could search for one without phone. As for DAB I'm thinking just to run the wire to unit, just in case, never know if i change the unit. Otherwise i think i could use 5N0 035 501 D, it should have FM/am and GPS.

If all above is correct than i think I've found what i was looking for.

EDIT: (above may contain faults)
So to sum all in one list:

am/fm/gps/phone/sat radio 5N0 035 501 b
am/fm/gps/phone/dab/webasto 1k0 035 501 j
am/fm/gps/phone/dab 1K0 035 501 H
am/fm/gps/phone 5N0 035 501 D
am/fm/sat radio 1K0 035 501 C(discontinued) replaced by 5N0 035 501 A
sat-radio 3C0-035-507-R
Now all should be correct.
Edit:correction for 1k0 035 501 h and j

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hellpp....my head is exploding :)
Now i maybe have been wrong in previous posts. Some say that white fakra is for FM/am and black is for DAB. If so than i could get one of 1K0 035 501H. On other page was said that it had FM/dab/gps/phone. If now i could only find out the freq of the phone antenna, if it is in cellular data range 1900/2100 than i could take that otherwise i could search for one without phone. As for DAB I'm thinking just to run the wire to unit, just in case, never know if i change the unit. Otherwise i think i could use 5N0 035 501 D, it should have FM/am and GPS.
If all above is correct than i think I've found what i was looking for.
EDIT: (above may contain faults)
So to sum all in one list:
am/fm/sat-radio/gps/phone 5N0 035 501 b
am/fm/gps/phone/dab 1k0 035 501 j
am/fm/gps/dab 1K0 035 501 H
am/fm/gps 5N0 035 501 D
am/fm/sat radio 1K0 035 501 C
(may contain typos) (these should be the p/n that is still produced.)
User romad the p/n you provided me in your second post doesn't add up, like this example: "if you want an antenna with am/fm/gsm cellular/navi then you want 1K0-035-501 B.", when i used etka and i saw it was discontinued and replacement part was 5N0 035 501 D, which is only am/fm/gps
Now all should be correct.
Remember that the info I found is for the North American market. Our frequency bands are a little different than Eastern Europe or even Western Europe. When I initially posted, I hadn't noticed that you were in Eastern Europe. However both those numbers can be found at https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html which is in Washington state.

NHgranite

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat CKRA
Guys, also be aware that you might want to research a bit further into the Sat reception. As I understand it, the freq band that SiriusXM operates on is different than XM or Sirius separately.

My question to ask is: Are these VW OEM Sat antennas able to receive the SiriusXM band correctly?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Guys, also be aware that you might want to research a bit further into the Sat reception. As I understand it, the freq band that SiriusXM operates on is different than XM or Sirius separately.

My question to ask is: Are these VW OEM Sat antennas able to receive the SiriusXM band correctly?
:confused: Didn't you read my post above discussing the frequency band(s):

Sounds like you want to do what I'm planning on doing. If so, the closest I could find is VW part # 1K0-035-501 C from https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html

Enter 1K0035501C in the search box. Now this is for Sirius radios, not XM, but it should work. Sirius uses 2.32 through 2.3325 GHz while XM uses 2.3325 through 2.345 GHz so there may be a slight signal degradation.
In other words, VW opted for SIRIUS and made their antennae accordingly to cover the 2.32 though 2.3325 GHz band. While they aren't OPTIMUM for the XM band, they are close enough to work.

The COMPANY named SiriusXM was formed by the merger of the previous Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Radio companies. However, even though they have merged, separate feeds for Sirius and XM radios are maintained. There was talk of "universal" radios that would receive either, but that has pretty much been put on the back burner since the programming has been merged and the addition of the "Best of Sirius" and "Best of XM" packages for XM subscribers and Sirius subscribers, respectively.

Last edited:

Deebeaux

TDI
2003 Golf GLS
As a ham radio guy I'm going to take a stab at this. The signal degradation would only be an issue of the antenna is narrow-banded so much that it's limited to one band or the other. However if it's a "compromise" antenna that is a wide enough band, say 2.3-2.4 GHz or 2.30-2.35 GHz, it likely wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately I don't have analyzer equipment that goes over 1.2GHz.

Are there available adapters to go from the OEM sat connector to what would be on the Pioneer? The Pioneer is likely non-proprietary and just some other standard. I'd have to take a peek at the unit to remember what kind of connector is on it.

Sirius uses 2.32 through 2.3325 GHz while XM uses 2.3325 through 2.345 GHz so there may be a slight signal degradation.