www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:32   #1
vwman2
Veteran Member

Default malone stage 2

Hey all,

This weekend i will be be receving a Malone stage 2 tune on my 03 Jetta TDI 5spd, prior to the install i hope to upgrade the nozzels. What would be recomended?

I have a VR6 cluch upgrade
vwman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:43   #2
JFettig

TDI(s): B5 Passat

For Stage 2, PP520's are a good match.
ECU Socketing
DIY injector calibration http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:57   #3
Drivbiwire
Zehntes Jahr der Veteran

With the clutch installed, DLC 1019 Stage I...best bang for the buck and works great with that tune. No smoke, great fuel economy, and supports plenty of future mods without having to buy another nozzle.

If you had a stock clutch, the PP520 or DLC520 would work, but even so the DLC1019 would still keep you under the torque limits with his tune and a stage I flow setting.
Drivbiwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:32   #4
Drivbiwire
Zehntes Jahr der Veteran

Buy once, buy right, and be done with it instead of chasing multiple nozzle types.

FWIW, the DLC1019 will support upwards of 210hp BUT with a lower flow provide the owner with 50+ mpg fuel economy coupled with the right tune (as it appears he has opted for). Also the DLC1019 works perfectly with a STOCK ECU and engine as a plug and play install, this alone turns the engine into completely different performer and retains the margins built into the car from a durability and efficiency standpoint.

Last edited by BKmetz; July 2nd, 2012 at 22:16.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:08   #5
vwman2
Veteran Member

i was not aware they were that expensive haha
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:11   #6
Drivbiwire
Zehntes Jahr der Veteran

Thus the reason to pick the correct nozzle the first time...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:56   #7
vwman2
Veteran Member

thank you all for the great info!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:44   #8
02DslPwr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: avg 38-40mpg

Regardles of the banter above, this is excellent advice the OP is getting for free. I'm in a situation where I will be buying nozzles twice. KERMA told me to buy big initially and I didn't. Now that choice is costing me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivbiwire View Post
Buy once, buy right, and be done with it instead of chasing multiple nozzle types.

FWIW, the DLC1019 will support upwards of 210hp BUT with a lower flow provide the owner with 50+ mpg fuel economy coupled with the right tune (as it appears he has opted for). Also the DLC1019 works perfectly with a STOCK ECU and engine as a plug and play install, this alone turns the engine into completely different performer and retains the margins built into the car from a durability and efficiency standpoint.
His: 2002 Jetta Wagon GLS, 194k, PP357, VNT17VB, KERMA tune, IDParts OMI/Up'r/Low'r pipes, 01M-ectomy by Dr Alphaseinor, APTuning Race Gear Set, .658 5th, Peloquin, KONI FSD, Shine Springs & Bar, BFI Stage I all'round, TT CA/Subframe Bushings
Hers: 2007 New Beetle, 94k, Package 2, Shadow Blue w/grey leather

Last edited by BKmetz; July 2nd, 2012 at 22:17.
02DslPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 18:27   #9
LtsmashVR

Fuel Economy: 40mpg

To answer your question i ran Titan 764s (.234) injectors with malone stage 1.5 and stage 3, they are a good combo on both tunes. The stage 3 tune really improves low end torque. I would, instead of going for smaller nozzles, get as big as you are going to go instead of creeping them up to go with your tune. Save the time, and hassle. Regardless of what nozzles you go, malone sets up the tune to match your nozzle size, as fuel mapping has to be different for each nozzle size, so there is no required nozzle for a malone tune. He can set up a stage 2 tune for stock .184s, .205s, .216s, .232s etc. Just let him know what you are running when you get the tune done.

Last edited by BKmetz; July 2nd, 2012 at 22:17.
LtsmashVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 18:44   #10
slamhouse
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than 95% of cars on the road

I myself have been mislead by DBW in that i would see 200+hp with a simple nozzle and tune upgrade. This is not true.

But, the information he provides is very true and accurate and his experience with fuel injection technology is not to be questioned.

We all want business and will recommend equipment that we are familiar with and have experience with. DBW simply gave information on the products he is experienced with and nothing more. The same goes for you, you will provide information and suggest products that you are familiar with.

DBW is respectable in the aspect of injector calibration and all related tasks including nozzles.

Lets let this vendor battle that's partaken for the last few days come to a rest, you both are respectable in your expertise and are excellent in your support and contributions to this forum. for that we all thank you.

GDE Tune and Meguiars on the tires

Last edited by BKmetz; July 2nd, 2012 at 22:18.
slamhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 14:38   #11
toolongtospell
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-38mpg (auto)

WOW, okay I don't want to start stating things that I might be looking over, but here I'm seeing the Bosio DLC 1019 for $360 on amazon (note the ship and sold by kermaTDI) http://www.amazon.com/Bosio-DLC-1019/dp/B0049IZM5M

On kermaTDI's website $549? Am I missing something?

Ok, never mind I was missing something. Qloader was included in the $549.
DLC 1019 by themselves are $299

Last edited by toolongtospell; July 25th, 2012 at 14:50. Reason: Found what I was missing!!
toolongtospell is offline   Reply With Quote