www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old May 17th, 2012, 16:10   #1
aja8888
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!
Default Windshield Washer Leak - Small

I have a 2000 Jetta with a small leak of washer fluid and somewhat low pressure spray pattern. The area where the bottle is only appears to leak under pressure and not a lot (gets wet at the base). I suspect the swivel connection in the picture below (center) as the grommets at the pump and connector for the low fluid were dry when I removed the bottle. Also, there was a piece of cloth type electrical tape on the swivel hose connector (where the hose meets the distribution tubing - center on picture).

Can someone tell me if that connection looks right (I removed the tape) and if there is tape from the factory at that connection. I do not see any hose splits, but the connection may just be leaking a little (hard to see all hooked up).

Thanks!
Malone tune, GTI Wheel with paddle shifters, Premium 8 Sound, Good camshaft & DMF, 140K miles, Black on Black, HIDs by Jeff
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote