www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:22   #1
Chazhill14

Fuel Economy: 40MPG Average
Default 1999.5 Jetta Clutch/Chip/Injectors question(s)

Okay I can't find any threads with these questions asked so here goes.
I want to chip my car and put .216mm injectors on BUT I'm scared that that may be too much for the stock clutch.
My car has a slight slow down shudder so I'm probably going to change the whole injector rather than just the tips. Sound good? I want to do injectors after chip but like I said, I think that will be too much. Will the stock clutch be able to hold with just a chip? And I also see people talking about where they get their chips done but are there different types of chips/tunes? I want one that will increase air flow so that I can get away with bigger injectors. I figure after I do the chip and tune that I will be making anywhere from 200-250ft/lbs of tourque but I'm unfamiliar with chips so I could be way off.
In short:
1. Will stock clutch (with unknown miles) be able to hold a tune and .216mm injectors?
2. Are there different types of tunes and where are some recommended places?
3. Where should I be looking to get a new clutch?
-I found a website here with different stage clutches: http://www.xtremediesel.com/southben...FQbznAodV1nZAw
Chazhill14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 19:41   #2
LNXGUY
Veteran Member

Your stock clutch will easily handle 275ftlbs, mine held over 300ftlbs with over 400,000 miles on it.

VW definitely did it right with the clutches in the 99.5 cars (LUK vs SACHS in the 00+ cars)

'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Custom tuned by Mike @ TDTuning.com
LNXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote