www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Other VW Group TD(I)s

Other VW Group TD(I)s To keep with the theme of VW Diesels, this message area is for discussion of other VW Group Diesels. Yes, TD's are also welcome.

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:44   #1
uberdorker

TDI(s): 2004 Beetle
Question How to disable the alarm

My 2004 beetle's alarm goes off at odd times without provocation. My mechanic had me take it to the dreaded dealer as he couldn't figure out how to disable it. The dealer said he couldn't fix it unless I could get the alarm to go off in the garage-and, of course, the car chose that day to remain quiet. I do have a little front end damage and the hood doesn't close perfectly-which the dealer suspects triggers the problem. I just want to disable the goddamn thing. As it is I have to leave the car unlocked (in the middle of thuggy Brooklyn--thankfully, most delinquents in my neighborhood cant drive a stick and my car is too girly for them to joyride) to stop the alarm from going off in the middle of the night (ive found lots of angry notes on the windshield in the morning). Any suggestions?
uberdorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:20   #2
compu_85
Gadget Guy

Fuel Economy: 56.3/44/41

The alarm keeps track of the last 4 things which set it off... you can check it with vag-com.

There is no simple way to turn the alarm off.

-J
1991 Mercedes 350SDL 230,000 miles, 70,000 on engine. 18/27 MPG.
Past:
1988 Audi 5000S Quattro, 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel, 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel.

Check out the official TDIClub Chat Room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN View Post
Maybe I should pay MYSELF to do bad work on my car!
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:27   #3
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

How about FIXING it rather than trying to disable it?

Your CCM may have already flagged a fault. Really only a handful of things can even set it off anyways.
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:38   #4
bluesmoker
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 highway mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberdorker View Post
My 2004 beetle's alarm goes off at odd times without provocation. My mechanic had me take it to the dreaded dealer as he couldn't figure out how to disable it. The dealer said he couldn't fix it unless I could get the alarm to go off in the garage-and, of course, the car chose that day to remain quiet. I do have a little front end damage and the hood doesn't close perfectly-which the dealer suspects triggers the problem. I just want to disable the goddamn thing. As it is I have to leave the car unlocked (in the middle of thuggy Brooklyn--thankfully, most delinquents in my neighborhood cant drive a stick and my car is too girly for them to joyride) to stop the alarm from going off in the middle of the night (ive found lots of angry notes on the windshield in the morning). Any suggestions?
its probably a bad door microswitch, they are terrible, scan the car

i have replaced all 4 in our mrk4

http://www.gruvenparts.com/website/d...20-%20MKIV.htm