FS: KP39 - compressor side toast - Actuator working!

mogwai

TDI
2005 Jetta PD
Had this in my 05 PD, and the compressor floated out of the race and decided to meet the side of the housing. It was a bonding event. As far as I know the actuator is still functional, and could be used as a core or rebuild. Asking $100?

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Better to have a closer look. Depends on how much the compressor machine off the housing, it might not be good for a rebuild.

mogwai

TDI
2005 Jetta PD
From what I can tell without completely tearing it apart it looks like the housing was not machined much. This abruptly stopped in a very short event (one second on the boost and the next, car stalled)

joelbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon, 5 Spd, Sold-2002 Jetta Sedan auto, 2003 GLS Wagon auto project
How many miles on the turbo? I might be interested in just the actuator. Does the actuator hold vacuum and move freely?

mogwai

TDI
2005 Jetta PD
It's got 240k on it, I'll pull it down off the shelf tonight and see if I can put some vacuum on it. I know it was working prior to the failure.. BTW, do you come up to Ontario as shipping that might be a pain to NJ.

joelbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon, 5 Spd, Sold-2002 Jetta Sedan auto, 2003 GLS Wagon auto project
Thanks for the response. Don't bother pulling it down off the shelf. I didn't think about the shipping issue. It's probably not worth the extra hassle of international shipping. I stumbled across your post searching the site, and didn't realize it was in a 'regional' thread.

Sorry for the bother,

Joel