Fs: 2004 jetta wagon. Oem+

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
[EDIT 9/3/12]This car is back on the market. The fellow who bought it from me had to relocate for work so needs to sell the wagon. If I was in a better financial place I would buy it back because I loved the thing so much. Any way, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with the current owner. I have no idea what he wants for it, or any other details, I just got a very sad email from him today. I do know he put a Kerma downpipe on it, but that's all I know.

Thanks,
-Chris

[EDIT 4/4/2012]CAR IS SOLD. THANKS FOR THE OVERWHELMING INTEREST EVERYONE!

The time has come to list the wagon. I love this thing SOOOOO much, but I need something bigger and newer.

The theme with this car was to originally make it a "GLI" TDI wagon, but I went a little further to try and make it as close to a fully decked out EURO wagon as a could. I'll try and list all the features that it has now, but I'm not totally sure I'll remember them all :)

Mileage 215,XXX KM (135,XXX miles)

'04 Jetta Wagon GLS with BEW engine

Engine/Performance
Malone Tune
R32 Snorkle, etc to lower air box
ARL (PD150):
Air box top
TIP
Turbo
FMIC/RAD/AC Condensor
EGR/ASV
Intake
Injectors
Valve Cover
Engine wiring harness (moved MAP sensor wiring and added oil sensor)

Euro 02M 6 speed transmission (FMH)

GLI Brakes all around
ESP Upgrade with 4motion ABS controller (from R32)
TT Control arm bushings Front
GLI rear beam with bigger anti-roll bar (biggest OE avail)
Seat rear beam bushings
GLI Springs and shocks/struts
GLI BBS RC wheels
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric tires (225/40R18)

Exterior
GLI Front lower spoiler
GLI Side skirts
Black grill
OE Headlight washer
OE HIDs (with 3M vinyl covers) and OE auto-leveling set up
Tri-Tone air horns hooked up to FUNK and GAS switch
Converted to Euro Shorty rear bumper
Rear Park-Distance sensors
European "Ocean" taillights
NO SUNROOF
Euro front rub strip (not drilled)

Interior
European Leather Recaros
R32 Dash
Full-FIS cluster with custom (OE) foils
MKVI MFSW which works!
Funk/Gas switches in lower trim panel
Climatronic
Euro Nav ("G") w/ proper triplex roof antenna
Euro TMC with PROPER MOUNT
Homelink Visor (properly wired so it's only powered with ignition)
GLI/337/20th/R32 Aluminum trim kit
Euro DSP Amplifier (Harman/Becker) with matching speakers
Pre-wired for CAN enabled phone unit (mic in headliner, etc)
W8 console
iPod adapter in glovebox
Electric FOLDING exterior mirrors (stubby on right, asymmetric on the left)
Autodimming Interior mirror
European rear net partition

Extras
The car is wired up for a trailer (euro 13 pin)

Car is wired to 4motion but I never got around to the conversion (there is currently a haldex unit plugged in sitting in the trunk)

I can provide the purchaser with a ton of stock parts and other spare parts if they'd like. I don't have everything that came stock on the car, but I have a bunch.

You can click on this pic and look through all the photos I have of the car on flickr:

I can't remember if this is the vast dyno I did or not. I thought I remembered 174 at the wheels after the FMIC but I can't find anything more recent then this pic:

I'll post some more recent pics soon.

Vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OroFfaxuPs&feature=g-upl&context=G2fce1e5AUAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26acRhbSpKs&feature=context&context=G2fce1e5AUAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGG_nJdLhyc&feature=context&context=G2fce1e5AUAAAAAAAAAA

I'm asking $12K for the car. OBO.

Cheers,
-Chris

Last edited:

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
You're selling it??? Oh dude....if I had the money and the time I'd be on a flight to Vancouver tomorrow. This is what I want my '03 to become. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer.

Good luck!

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Hands down the most OEM+ Wagen on TDIclub. Someone will be picking up a gem and saving about 1000 man hours with this one. Good luck with sale.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Who ever buys this is getting the best wagon on this site period.. the pics do not do it justice... gl with the sale.

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
Drool... I'd be picking this up today if you we're at least 1000.00 miles closer and in the US.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Holy ****e my brother!!!! .... this will indeed be a sad day for you ... could not find a cooler ... sportier TDI Wagon anywhere.... I am sure it will go to a good home though ... and will make the next owner one smiling TDI owner...

But .. .what could you possibly be getting that would be better than this car?

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hey Guys,

Thanks again for all the compliments. I'm getting quite a few PMs from people in the States about bringing this car into the US. As far as I'm aware it really should be a pretty simple process. However, I'd like to dig into it a bit more over the next little bit.

I can't do anything about researching what's involved during the week as I am just too busy at work. I'll look into it this weekend and get messages back to people and even post here.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Cheers,
-Chris

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hey Guys,

A couple of things. First and probably most important the check engine light came on yesterday. I have never had the check engine light come on in this car so I need to investigate that. I'll report back ASAP.

Second, the car currently sits on its winter wheels (16" raves with Michelin arctic alpins). So if you want to come look like at the car that's how it'll be! I'm not including the winter wheels in the deal as I have numerous family members who could make use of them, however I'll entertain prospective buyers of the car making offers...

Thirdly, this is a car I use everyday, I used to own a bike shop, so it had bike boxes in and out of it (as an example of its utilitarian uses). It is not a "show car" it has seen good use!!! IMHO it is in great shape, but it is an 8 year old car...

Lasty the car needs a few things. The drivers axle needs a rebuild and the downpipe (still the original one) needs to be replaced.

I'm not gonna replace the downpipe as my guess is a lot of people would want to go aftermarket. I wouldn't, so I'd put a brand new OE on there which might not make sense to prospective buyers.

The axle I will look after. However there are a couple of options. One is to rebuild the one I have in there now with a new outer CV. The other option is the pile of R32 front suspension components I have sitting around (subframe, steering rack, axles, hubs/knuckles, lower control arms, etc). I can sort that out with a prospective buyer, or if anybody wants that .:R stuff now shoot me a pm.

Thanks again for everyone's interest in my car. It has truly been a passion!!

-Chris

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Chris...no...you parting with that wagon is just wrong! Who ever ends up with it will have a jewel for sure though.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
My inbox is almost filled with messages saying the same thing!! But I've owned this car for 3 years. That's like 50% longer than I've ever owned a car for!!!

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
wow - this is a surprise. this is a gem of a car....has me thinking if i should go to a wagon or not...

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hey Everyone,

The car has a sizable deposit on and the new owner should have possession by mid-week once I've replaced the axle.

Thanks for everyone's interest. Sorry to the 30 or so people who sent me PMs I haven't got back to. If the deal falls through I'll let people know!

Cheers,
-Chris

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Car is sold! Sad to see it go, but the buyer is an enthusiast and it was a 100% smooth and fantastic transaction.

Cheers,
-Chris

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
This car is back on the market. The fellow who bought it from me had to relocate for work so needs to sell the wagon. If I was in a better financial place I would buy it back because I loved the thing so much. Any way, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch with the current owner.

Thanks,
-Chris

PS if anyone is interested, this is what I'm driving now. It's the opposite of a TDI, but it's 3.6l of goodness and drives 4 wheels, so I'm happy ;)

Last edited:

CGDoig

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta GLS MKIV
It's in Calgary now. Guy is asking 15.5k. I believe he's added air ride and new rubber though.