I sure love my three bugs.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Got 3 bugs in the family. From left to right is our 2006 bug BEW DSG we bought last July with only 6300 miles on the clock. Needless to say it was in mint condition. Had to make a few trips to CA just to finish breaking it in. All I did to it was upgrade the suspension to Bilstein TC sport and replaced the usual bushings. Even with only 6300 miles, the upgrade made the car stable and a dream to handle. Also installed a Malone stage 1.5 dyn EGR tune.
The yellow one is an 01 bug ALH bought in 2005 with 39K miles. It was 5 speed now 6 speed. It has T4 nozzles, Malone stage 2 Dyn EGR tune, 6 speed manual transmission from Ryanp and Sachs PD150 flywheel/clutch kit. Also suspension upgrade done as the 2006 above.
The red one is an 01 bug ALH bought in 2012 with 59K miles. It was 5 speed now 6 speed. It has Bosio PP764 nozzles, Malone stage 2 Dyn EGR tune, 6 speed manual transmission from Ryanp and Sachs PD150 flywheel/clutch kit. Also suspension upgrade done as the 2006 above.

These cars are so much fun to drive! The picture reminds me of a stop light.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Was looking on craigs list one day and saw this thing. I figure it has to be a typo but I called anyway. Carfax concurred with the mileage and the odometer concurrred, VCDS Also concurred and the car looked show room quality. Under the car and under the hood, i swear the car had never seen dirt. It looked like it was just rolled out of the factory. Believe this or not, an old lady had it and only drove it to the store and back so the engine wasn't even broke in yet. Her previous car was a 13 year old Subaru with only 12000 miles. Soooo, it was my gain. I paid just below private party blue book.

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Nice collection!
Our credit union branch manager has an '04 TDI bug with about 8900 miles on it the last I checked.
She always wanted one, knew not to get the automatic, but has never gotten proficient driving a stick. So it sits in her garage, she and her husband drive it on weekends occasionally. She drives their big Ford diesel truck daily. Funny story she has the "coastal" Whale Tail license plates on that truck, the plate is a custom reading "Hunt Em".

Moonlight

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 NB , 2001 Golf GL
boertje, nice set of bugs! You need to email me when you find another low-miler :) ... ALH preferred! Wife's 2004 NB GLS PD we purchased new with every available option. Original engine blew @ 25K, 2nd engine blew at 118K ...(my nightmare story is on here somewhere ...a hint to the engine gernades ... "EGR flapper valves") 3rd engine had to be redone due to problem during assembly so it's on it's 4th engine and has 199,380K on it as of today. 5 sets of tires, new clutch, new turbo, and just had the suspension redone and new Cam installed by OldPoopie..had a gaping hole in one lifter, new front wheel bearings, also installed the 3rd power steering pump and new OEM HID kit today, new clutch around 130K ... it's Yellow for a reason ...LEMON! That said I'm determined to have my wife drive it until the wheels fall off ... it owes us big time. The interior and muffler are original however :) I hope you have better luck with the 2006.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I love my 2003 Bug as well. I think our family's collection will soon grow as well. Our oldest daughter will be driving soon and she will need a car. Mine is a little too souped up for her, so unless the Amarok becomes available I will be looking for a bug for her first car.