What LED Bulbs do i need for my DRL's

extreme202

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Wondering if anyone has found a bulb that will work for the Daytime Running Lights and not give an error.
Also wondering what other LED bulbs they have installed into there Jetta and where is the best place to get them.
Thanks

Brewmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 GolF R : Oryx White

extreme202

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Bought those exact ones, been in since august with no errors. :D
Sweet thanks i think i will get them:D

What did you put in your for High Beam and Head lights, the H7 bulb? and what bulb did you put in for your city light and the turn light?

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
Sweet thanks i think i will get them:D

What did you put in your for High Beam and Head lights, the H7 bulb? and what bulb did you put in for your city light and the turn light?
I would leave the head light as is. If you put a LED in there wont be nearly enough light out put for night driving, not to mention you might get pulled over.

Put the 194s from the same seller in for the city lights. If you look at the thread I posted earlier there is all the info for which bulbs go where too,

used this style for the citys, be aware that even with in the 194 category they have different setups for the locations of the led lights on the overall light.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-T10-194-16...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc1e5540b

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
Wondering if anyone has found a bulb that will work for the Daytime Running Lights and not give an error.
Also wondering what other LED bulbs they have installed into there Jetta and where is the best place to get them.
Thanks
Any 68 blub 1156 SMD blub will work. I bought mine on ebay.

The American TDI Jettas don't have full MFD, which means they won't report blub out errors on the DRLs. No need to get a "CAN" type bulb. (which means it just has a resistor in it to draw a little more current).

These are the ones I used, no issues in the month they've been in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-1156-Ba1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc30c8895&vxp=mtr

Last edited: