www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old February 29th, 2012, 18:40   #1
Texas_sky
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: unknown at the time, waiting for engine swap
Default Running slow after oil pump tensioner/intake cleaning job

I have one small issue, After we did the oil pump tensioner which requires the timing belt to come off... its been running slow ever since and the temperature is lower then it should be, maybe the timing is slightly off? We also cleaned the intake manifold/egr. We also set the injection pump timing to 60 degrees with a rosstech. It feels almost as slow as a mk2 diesel but I can still get it up to 75-80 if need be on freeway just takes about 30-40 seconds or longer
Texas_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 18:57   #2
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

Sounds like you might have missed something in the turbo/boost path somewhere when puting it all back together. Check all the boost pipe connections and vac lines, maybe one of the vac lines is off or is split.
Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 23:14   #3
Texas_sky
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: unknown at the time, waiting for engine swap

Thanks Seatman I will be sure to check those two things next time I get back in garage or when weather warms up this weekend. What explains why its running cold and won't heat up all the way?
Texas_sky is offline   Reply With Quote