filled last night for 1.13 per liter !!!!

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Marysville rd exit before you get to napanee on 401(eastbound) or past napanee (westbound)....on the reserve...anyone can fill there...go south of 401 about 3 kms....if you do the montreal toronto commute like I do sometimes its the CHEAPEST fuel between windsor and QC. Cheers

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
Yes. Always cheaper on the reserve. Deseronto and Shannoville. About 3-4 stations. A few weeks ago one of them was 99.9 cents/liter. It was a busy place. If you're a puffer cigs are cheap also. Not advocating smoking, just saying.

Last edited:

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
i wouldnt get anything there except 87octane!

not worth a chance in our TDI CR's. I did fill up there once and i was told i should buy lotto ticket same night! lol

Last year silver filled up there in her RX-8 w 91oct and car had issues with the fuel!

Stay away from those gas stations unless you drive a 87 cavalier that takes 87octane!

I do Cornwall-Toronto quite often and just usually fill up at Napanee Shell/Flyin J station. Not really cheap, but its a trustworthy station imo.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
i wouldnt get anything there except 87octane!

not worth a chance in our TDI CR's. I did fill up there once and i was told i should buy lotto ticket same night! lol

Last year silver filled up there in her RX-8 w 91oct and car had issues with the fuel!

Stay away from those gas stations unless you drive a 87 cavalier that takes 87octane!

I do Cornwall-Toronto quite often and just usually fill up at Napanee Shell/Flyin J station. Not really cheap, but its a trustworthy station imo.
a guy was in there with a 60K dodge pickup when I was there.....he said he fills every week...I aint too worried...just cause its on reservation means its bad fuel?

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
a guy was in there with a 60K dodge pickup when I was there.....he said he fills every week...I aint too worried...just cause its on reservation means its bad fuel?
No its cheap fuel bc they add so much water to it! They also have low standards for maintaining their tanks and pumps.

Anyways, up to you. I've got 60K on my 2011 Jetta and 90% of that has been travelled between Toronto-Belleville-Cornwall and i deal with lot of locals around that area. When they tell me to stay away, i would listen to them. I wouldnt like to take a $9K chance on my CR HPFP.

Good Luck to you.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
No its cheap fuel bc they add so much water to it! They also have low standards for maintaining their tanks and pumps.

Anyways, up to you. I've got 60K on my 2011 Jetta and 90% of that has been travelled between Toronto-Belleville-Cornwall and i deal with lot of locals around that area. When they tell me to stay away, i would listen to them. I wouldnt like to take a $9K chance on my CR HPFP.

Good Luck to you.
Sorry, but I'd like to see the proof that you have that they add water to their fuel. And also the proof you have of low standards of maintenance on their tanks and pumps. I live in the general area of these filling stations and the ones close to the 401 are high volume stations for gas and diesel. I know a lot of people who fill at some of them, both gas and diesel. They haven't had any fuel related problems. Sorry. I just like to see proof when someone makes an accusation of fuel tampering.

To tdi90hp. Have you had any fuel related problems with your rig since you filled up last night ? If yes then mo focus could be right, but I'd still like to see the proof. I'd be willing to go to the ministry with you guys and make a formal complaint of fuel tampering against this station. But only if we have the proof of it in hand.

Last edited:

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
Sorry, but I'd like to see the proof that you have that they add water to their fuel. And also the proof you have of low standards of maintenance on their tanks and pumps. I live in the general area of these filling stations and the ones close to the 401 are high volume stations for gas and diesel. I know a lot of people who fill at some pf them, both gas and diesel. They haven't had any fuel related problems. Sorry. I just like to see proof when someone makes an accusation of fuel tampering.

My thoughts exactly ...... Father filled his TDI on the reserve - never a fuel related issue .... ever !! Don't think its an issue ...

GaryF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6MT
I was told their diesel is dyed red, and that they don't sell clear you don't want to get caught with it in your tank!

Last edited:

g-wagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Execline
I would never buy fuel from the reserve.

Though they do a decent volume these days, I definitely do not trust their tanks or fuel, I know of several incidences where gas was put into the diesel tank and other horror stories.

No thanks.

That said. 1.13 isn't cheap.

I remember and it wasn't that long ago paying .45 cents per litre. and when it when to .55 and .60 that was just crazy!!!

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
I was told their diesel is dyed red, and that they don't sell clear you don't want to get caught with it in your tank!
BS. they have dyed and NON dyed. The place is SUPER busy...(of course) and I truly doubt they would take a chance with their fuel licence with water adding. My ridg is FINE. calling BS on this and will continue to fill there till somebody proves that they are tampering with tanks......very ridiculous statements if you ask me....maybe even racist.

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
BS. they have dyed and NON dyed. The place is SUPER busy...(of course) and I truly doubt they would take a chance with their fuel licence with water adding. My ridg is FINE. calling BS on this and will continue to fill there till somebody proves that they are tampering with tanks......very ridiculous statements if you ask me....maybe even racist.

true .... both dyed and clear. Bottom line fill where you want - just don't start pulling BS out of your ass without proof :eek: - anecdotal statements don't hold water.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
got friends (good close friends) that filled at a station close to there who have had problems with their tanks a few kms after filling. Both gas and diesel - i'll pay the extra and fill at a quality high volume station. Thanks but no thanks to the "cheap" discount fuel

GaryF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6MT
ah no BS intended and certainly not racist!:eek:
information was passed on to me by a friend who lives in Milford and fills his (gas) pickup there every chance he gets
He also told me he knew someone who fills up 5 gallon containers there and dumped them into his furnace oil tank because it was cheaper.

Last edited:

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Well I see this has turned into a pi$$ing match. :eek: :D Yahoo !!!
Its no pissing match - just want everyone else to be informed that the quality of fuel at that station has been questionable in the past. Enough people have complained about crappy fuel to warrant some truth to the matter. Buyer beware.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
For my parents' old Forester beater, their fuel was fine on many occasions.

The one time I got premium fuel for my RX-8... Well, as Momo alluded to, I stalled out on the highway before I hit the Trenton rest stop and then limped to Toronto while stopping to add real premium elsewhere and octane boosters whenever I burned enough in my tank to make room for more. I didn't even have those issues the one time I used regular from a real fuel station.

If your car is sensitive to fuel quality, for God's sake, stay away.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
Its no pissing match - just want everyone else to be informed that the quality of fuel at that station has been questionable in the past. Enough people have complained about crappy fuel to warrant some truth to the matter. Buyer beware.
Yes, buyer beware. You can get a tank of crappy fuel at any station in the land. And I'd venture to guess that every station in the land has served crappy fuel at sometime in it's history. I guess I just have a problem with someone saying that these stations add water to their fuel without being able to prove it. Or doing anything about it if they do have the proof. :D

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Yes, buyer beware. You can get a tank of crappy fuel at any station in the land. And I'd venture to guess that every station in the land has served crappy fuel at sometime in it's history. I guess I just have a problem with someone saying that these stations add water to their fuel without being able to prove it. Or doing anything about it if they do have the proof. :D
I really don’t care where you guys get your fuel from. I don’t gain/lose anything but for your own good ask the following questions:
1-Make sure there is a label stating they follow O.Reg 217/01. (They really don’t have to follow it since it’s a native/federal property.)
2-Ask to see how often they do manual water stick test for their tanks and what the water level is. This shows how much water is at the bottom of the tank.(I think the law says it must be done manualy once a week)
3-Ask to see what is the water level in their ULSD, water should be around 50-100ppm, not higher. One station was 200ppm!
4-Ask for percentage of biofuel. The more bio fuel, the harder it is to keep water out. Also CR engines only recommended up to 2% I think.
I just said avoid the stations if you have CR engine. We have enough BS to deal with specially HPFP and the last thing you need is to add more risk! That’s all.
Cheers!

Last edited: