www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 23:39   #106
Baumeister
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57/46/42 on B20

Yep, I'll be stealing it away from the wife and bringing it! DLC 1019s, stage one from Drivbiwire to keep it mild and maximize MPG. I really need to get another TDI to build for power.
I got good reviews off of the Vortex for LeatherSeats.com...talked to them on color selection, etc...nice folks. It's not absolutely perfect but I'm extremely happy with the quality. Bought a new seat bottom cushion and added seat heaters. Not the best pix...just finished up last weekend and need to take new pix...most of the creases are now gone and they feel awesome..hug and grip a ton better than I ever thought the stock seats could.
New Back seat

Before

After passenger seat done:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20346041@N02/6802289222/

Last edited by Baumeister; March 2nd, 2012 at 23:47.
Baumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:37   #107
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baumeister View Post
Yep, I'll be stealing it away from the wife and bringing it! DLC 1019s, stage one from Drivbiwire to keep it mild and maximize MPG. I really need to get another TDI to build for power.
I got good reviews off of the Vortex for LeatherSeats.com...talked to them on color selection, etc...nice folks. It's not absolutely perfect but I'm extremely happy with the quality. Bought a new seat bottom cushion and added seat heaters. Not the best pix...just finished up last weekend and need to take new pix...most of the creases are now gone and they feel awesome..hug and grip a ton better than I ever thought the stock seats could.
New Back seat

Before

After passenger seat done:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20346041@N02/6802289222/

WOWW!! Love the Sundown Orange color ... matching door color... very cool!! nice to have one of a kind ...
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 20:52   #108
MattBissell
Veteran Member

I'd like to come by on Sunday to hang out for a while and pickup an EVO skidplate. I assume way to handle this is order thru Kerma and mention the group buy then just show up at the GTG?

Matt

2012 Golf TDI 4D, DSG, Shark Blue
MattBissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:01   #109
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentr6727 View Post
I think the front bumper needs to come off.... Need expert help with this too.
The front bumper is cake. just a few screws () and it's off. There will be people there to help you with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXRPM View Post
I do NOT see on the DIY list the Knob Creek Bottle!!! and the volunteers that are doing bottoms up!!!!!
Knob Creek DIY: Take bottle, unwrap cap, unscrew cap, take bottle with both hands, wrap lips tenderly around the bottle opening (and neck if your that sort), and carefully tip bottle in an smooth, upward motion using full body strength to stabilize yourself so as not to stumble as you chug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothemax View Post
Oh Man... her bra clips are gonna scratch the clear coat!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 15:06   #110
Volkstraktor
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005 Passat

There's n-e-v-e-r a dull moment with Zippy around for color! ;-}
Old March 4th, 2012, 15:41   #111
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_car View Post
Oh Man... her bra clips are gonna scratch the clear coat!
This is why we like you, Zippy -- because you know your car stuff!
"What luck for rulers that men don't think. And don't drive with Dave, no matter what!" -- attributed to Adolf H. ... "I yam what I yam not." -- If Popeye was Nietzsche ... "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything" -- attributed to Joseph Stalin, not to DOK
Left Coast Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 21:55   #112
new/used golf 2006

Default whom do we contact to schedule?

i'm on the wrenching list, and i'm wondering whom i should contact to schedule a day and time for the work.

thanks for the help.
new/used golf 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 22:01   #113
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52/47/39

You will be contacted shortly to select a time slow. Time slots are assigned on a first come basis based on the sign-up list.

I will move switly through the list if I do not get a reply within 48 hours of semding a PM asking for time slot choices.
NewTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 14:03   #114
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Resident View Post
This is why we like you, Zippy -- because you know your car stuff!
Thanks, Al. it's common sense, 2 or 3 tiny metal clasps rubbing back and forth across the clear coat/paint while they're rubbing on one another..back and forth, up and down, all around! And don't even get me started on the dents and down-to-the-primer scratches that can happen on the bumper/hood if they're wearing heels!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 15:33   #115
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_car View Post
Thanks, Al. it's common sense, 2 or 3 tiny metal clasps rubbing back and forth across the clear coat/paint while they're rubbing on one another..back and forth, up and down, all around! And don't even get me started on the dents and down-to-the-primer scratches that can happen on the bumper/hood if they're wearing heels!
This link is ONLY FOR ZIPPY, and I'm taking the link down in a few days after Zippy tells me that she's reviewed it for car damage. No I'm not kidding -- this is for Zippy only . . .
Link removed so people will think I'm a clean cut, nice, family guy type -- Zippy can tell you about the link . . .
After she's reviewed it, she will tell you whether it's appropriate viewing for the rest of you.
"What luck for rulers that men don't think. And don't drive with Dave, no matter what!" -- attributed to Adolf H. ... "I yam what I yam not." -- If Popeye was Nietzsche ... "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything" -- attributed to Joseph Stalin, not to DOK

Last edited by Left Coast Resident; March 8th, 2012 at 15:43.
Old March 6th, 2012, 20:47   #116
BleachedBora

Have some wish lists trickling in for what to bring, including some tunes, skid plates, and general misc items. Please get in your orders soon so we can have everything organized like usual

Thanks all, see you there!
-BB
BleachedBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 20:51   #117
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachedBora View Post
Have some wish lists trickling in for what to bring, including some tunes, skid plates, and general misc items. Please get in your orders soon so we can have everything organized like usual
-BB
Lone Pine Hand Crafted Artisan Brewed Root Beer?????
Old March 6th, 2012, 23:22   #118
tothemax
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Resident View Post
Lone Pine Hand Crafted Artisan Brewed Root Beer?????
You boys from the south..... Can someone pls bring down some genuine Mesqual tequila with lotsa bright lights and mega buzz in it? Not the Gringo kind in a sealed & labeled glass bottle but the kind sold recycled plastic milk jug
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 23:32   #119
oldpoopie

Fuel Economy: whats that?

Anybody got a starter from an automatic tdi?

Email me, justgrow@gmail.com
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:15   #120
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpoopie View Post
Anybody got a starter from an automatic tdi?
Yes I do.
FOR SALE:
1998 New Beetle (minus 5-speed trans parts)
02AutoWag is offline   Reply With Quote