2010 Jetta Passenger Airbag Light

digitalextremes

TDI
2k10 Jetta Sedan
I look at the MK5 Jetta pictures on the net and I see an indicator light under the hazard button that says "Passenger Airbag" which basically tells if the passenger airbag is operational or not.

I have a 2010 Jetta but I don't see that sign, is that somewhere else or not there at all on the 2010 Jettas?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
mine is under neeth the hazard button as well. On the JSW they moved it someplace else.

Link up the pic your refering too.

digitalextremes

TDI
2k10 Jetta Sedan
here is how mine looks like, nothing ever lights up there under the hazard button (its not my car, just a pic I got from google)

and here is what I have seen on other MKV Jetta (my interior looks like this but minus the airbag light)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
mines like the second, maybe it's a USA/Canadian thing

digitalextremes

TDI
2k10 Jetta Sedan
Found the answer:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/tp-tp13178-page4_e-184.htm

- In canada, you can install a manual switch if needed under certain conditions such as a child in the front seat, I guess in US it is mandatory to have the automatic switch hence you have the sensor to turn it off and on provided by the manufacturer. I have seen other cars in Canada that turns off the airbag automatically so I am assuming vw cheaped out in Canada because it wasn't required by the law...

In Canada the airbag will deploy by default regardless of if there is a passenger in the front passenger seat or not (this probably contributes to our higher insurance costs right there) and children and child seats should always be at the rear of the car

Last edited: