www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 30th, 2011, 20:31   #1
Jyro24

TDI(s): 2012 JSW TDI
Default Need info: full power seats for 2012 JSW - Paralyzed. Need Shifter info too.

First, I just purchased a 2012 JSW TDI and need Drivers Full Power seats or both. I'm paralyzed and will have a hard time pulling the seat forward. I'm get the hand Control added now but trying to find a set of seats, black leatherette full Power. Can someone tell me what models and years VW's have the Full power seats and that will fit? Also, need to know what issues I'll be running into if any?

Second,
I'm having trouble squeezing the trigger DSG new style shifter handle. I need to know what models have the side button shifter that will fit or even if it will fit. Thank you in advance I hope I can get some good feedback.
Chris
Jyro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:24   #2
Past_VNE
Veteran Member

Hi Chris,

I don't have any information for you, but wanted to encourage you to look further, as I have definitely read of it being possible.

Since it's not a TDI specific issue, you may also find answers at VWVortex, http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...001-Volkswagen , though be warned that they can be an immature bunch over there, on occasion. Mostly, though, they're helpful and willing to share a wide variety of knowledge.

Good luck finding the info you need and enjoy the TDI! :-)

Jaclyn

2012 Tornado Red/Cornsilk JSW 3-pedal, pano, no nav, 13,400 miles as of New Year's.
2001 Jetta TDI 5-spd, chip, turbo, injectors, VR6 brake conversion, Evo SS skid plate, 185k miles
2002 Ford F-250 Power Stroke 4x4 --1988 Ford Thunderbird 5.0L, my first car....highly modded
Past_VNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:39   #3
xeno555
Veteran Member

TDI(s): golf

Yea it would be hard to find seat compatibility. Though remember that even Audi seats may work also. Not to mention the other "brands" that VW owns. You could get someone to FAB up a bracket to adapt whatever seat you want.

As for the shifter, maybe replacing the spring with one that you can operate?
xeno555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 13:23   #4
rambalu80
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See below

Not sure about the power seats but I know that pre 02/2011 JSW's came with the old side button shifters.

VCDS available in the Greater Houston area

rambalu80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:16   #5
Fordcougar
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: muy bueno

Older DSG transmissions have a T style shifter, not sure if they are interchangeable
but its worth a look.

The 2012 Audi A3 offers a full power Seat, it should fit, I suppose the only issue may be
side airbag compatibility etc..

2011 JSW DSG Candy White... Stock for now. Central Florida
Fordcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 19:14   #6
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~6.4L/100km

Have you looked at ETKA? I am sure full functioning power seats are available in Europe. Might be cheaper to sell your car however.
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2
vw_leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 23:07   #7
mtbr297

2005.5 and 2006 Jetta's had full power seats. They might fit. You would have to add the wiring.
mtbr297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 16:53   #8
veedubu

TDI(s): 11 golf

I recall someone being pissed off because the euro cars had power/leather options. Contact http://www.bks-tuning.com/ , they only show the OEM recaro on the website, so you should call them. I also know RECARO Orthoped have power controls, call them also. You may want to call Recaro first becaue I think anything from germany will have the VAT, 20%(?) added to it, expect 5-7k before the VAT.

I don't think any of the tuning co's in the states can import the seats because of the federal saftey BS, but check with the bigger ones over here also, I could be wrong.

As far as the shifters, ask all of the above (except recaro) when you speak with them.

ALSO, because of the federal saftey BS, you may have problems getting your insurance to pay if your in an accident? I don't know...

And update us on what you find out. Good Luck!
veedubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 16:32   #9
ImBroke

TDI(s): 11 JSW TDI

Nevermind

Last edited by ImBroke; February 7th, 2012 at 14:35.
ImBroke is offline   Reply With Quote