www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old December 14th, 2011, 13:49   #1
Nativefx

Default New 2012 Opera Red Passat on its way!

Well Chris Farnham is working on getting my new 2012 Opera Red SE manual TDI loaded onto a truck at the dealership and headed out to me here in Oregon! I'm excited that its already delivered at the dealership, but sad that it will take a couple of weeks before I'm able to pick it up here in Oregon.
Unfortunately at this point it says I "May Not" post attachments? Hmm, how do we change that so I can post pics?
Either way I'm EXCITED as this is my first TDI and I only wish I lived closer to Philly so I could have went and picked it up and thanked Chris personally!

Last edited by Nativefx; December 14th, 2011 at 15:33. Reason: mistyped word
Nativefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 15:13   #2
MyAvocation
Veteran Member

Anyone know how Chris deals with trade-in valuations on remote sales?
MyAvocation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 05:47   #3
TheGrove
Veteran Member

Congratulations! Chris is a great guy to work with.
Old December 15th, 2011, 08:17   #4
tdiatlast
Veteran Member

Hey! OP! Save the trucking fee and have me drive your car to you...hmmm...2800miles, 45mpg...62gal...$4/gal = $248.

How much is the trucking fee? I promise...I'll be gentle...well, not really...I'll be using Drivbiwire's break-in procedure...never mind, there went the 45mpg!

Congratulations. Trucking it coast-to-coast? Sounds crazy to me, but hey, I already have one, and it's worth all sort of crazy machinations to get one!
Old December 15th, 2011, 16:49   #5
Nativefx

Yeah Chris is definately a great guy to work with! He took care of everything and found me exactly what I was looking for! I was fortunate that he was able to do this as it saved me from having to place an order with VW and waiting 3-4 months minimum. Not only that, but even the dealers here in Oregon were expecting me to pay up to $4k over MSRP as this car is "in very high demand"! So they figured they could rob you. Thankfully I've been lurking on this forum long enough I knew about the deals Chris made and figured even with shipping I'm paying just over MSRP.

Believe me Tdiatlast, if I could save on shipping my car back I would have gone for another option! Maybe even if it was spring or summer time I would have flown back and drove home, although I just drove to PHX and back about 3 weeks ago!

Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive!
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:01   #6
TomB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34 mpg on first tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
Yeah Chris is definately a great guy to work with! He took care of everything and found me exactly what I was looking for! I was fortunate that he was able to do this as it saved me from having to place an order with VW and waiting 3-4 months minimum. Not only that, but even the dealers here in Oregon were expecting me to pay up to $4k over MSRP as this car is "in very high demand"! So they figured they could rob you. Thankfully I've been lurking on this forum long enough I knew about the deals Chris made and figured even with shipping I'm paying just over MSRP.

Believe me Tdiatlast, if I could save on shipping my car back I would have gone for another option! Maybe even if it was spring or summer time I would have flown back and drove home, although I just drove to PHX and back about 3 weeks ago!

Anyway, I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive!
Not in Washington. $1000 UNDER MSRP.

Sure an SE was available. Try getting the Opera Red TDI SEL though.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:11   #7
MyAvocation
Veteran Member

If you follow Chris' thread in the Wanted to Buy/Sell forum, he sells some at invoice.
Old December 16th, 2011, 11:03   #8
eatpasta
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2012 Passat

Quote:
Well Chris Farnham is working on getting my new 2012 Opera Red SE manual TDI loaded onto a truck at the dealership and headed out to me here in Oregon!
that's only the second Opera Red TDI SE stick that I have ever heard of....

....the other one is mine.

Old December 17th, 2011, 09:57   #9
Nativefx

Yep the Opera Red TDI manual was difinately the requirement, and finding a manual anywhere was looking pretty bleak, so getting exactly what I wanted at $1000+ under MSRP, gave me the option of ordering through Chris and having it shipped back across the US while still only forking out close to MSRP! Worth it to get what I wanted an not have to settle.
Old December 17th, 2011, 17:28   #10
TomB
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yep the Opera Red TDI manual was difinately the requirement, and finding a manual anywhere was looking pretty bleak, so getting exactly what I wanted at $1000+ under MSRP, gave me the option of ordering through Chris and having it shipped back across the US while still only forking out close to MSRP! Worth it to get what I wanted an not have to settle.
Really? Waiting and saving $1000 was not an option?
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:05   #11
Nativefx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Really? Waiting and saving $1000 was not an option?
Not when you consider I drive more than 600 miles a week, and am only getting about 18mpg with my other two vehicles. So getting it sooner and hopefully getting close to 48-50mpg with the passat will make up for it.

Not only that, but i can consider it a late xmas present to myself!
Old December 21st, 2011, 20:33   #12
TomB
Veteran Member

Quote:

Not only that, but i can consider it a late xmas present to myself!
LOL! Now we know the truth. BTW, my ship date is 12/30 now. We will see when it gets here to Seattle from TN.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:19   #13
tdiatlast
Veteran Member

Yeah...all you guys are just pouting because big bad VWoA is proving to be a miserable Santa Claus!

I'll say again...I'm truly sorry for you. Waiting must be almost unbearable...but...it will be worth the wait...
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:33   #14
MyAvocation
Veteran Member

What's unbearable is Passat TDI owners raving how much they love their new baby. Sort of wears at our attempts at patience. Seems VW has a big hit on it hands.