R32 TDI conversion for sale

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I recently bought a red 2004 r32, only 10% were red which is the lowest production number compared to the other colors, so this is already a rare car. Chassis has only 54k miles on it. I can build an engine and trans to your specifications. I will post some pics in the next few days. Price is dependant on the build. I'll estimate with a stock pd motor and 6 speed 4 motion trans with tdi gearing it will be in the 17-19k range.

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Not sure what happened to the motor. I will let you know when I get the car in a couple days. I think it may have ingested H2O.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Just wanted to update with pictures. I'm going to try to get the engine running if I can easily before I pull it and put in a TDI. I plan on using a bew engine since I have a couple of them laying around I can choose from and also have the harness and ecm from a 2004 jetta that one of the engines came from. Also located a 4 motion tdi trans.

Cashman

TDI
Soon!
Interesting. I'll definietly be keeping an eye on this thread to see how it turns out. What are you expecting for fuel mileage out of the diesel with the awd setup?

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Man, that would be such a cool car. Even though I don't see myself being able to purchase it I would love to follow a build up of the car!

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
David's engine could go in this one or I can build one just like it. Or this one. A pd 140 BKD engine dual overhead cam cross flow head with 4v per cylinder.

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
17-19k Finished product?
Yes, depending on engine you choose and other performance mods you may choose. It could go up if you go all out on a "full on TDI" and put in a peloquin diff and cryo engine and trans parts.

Last edited:

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
I didn't think an ALH could legally go into a 2004 body. I might be wrong. Sometimes those laws bend pretty easily anyway.

Hopefully someone goes all out with a PD or CR in this beauty. I wish I had the money squirreled away to do it myself.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
So can you give us a ball park figure of how much will it be out the door for the BKD tunned to output 200 bhp with the 6sp tranny ?

I saw your posting on Dallas Craigslist stating that the car has a salvage title due to flooding is this correct?

Last edited:

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Coveting bump

David's engine could go in this one or I can build one just like it. Or this one. A pd 140 BKD engine dual overhead cam cross flow head with 4v per cylinder.
Mmmm. 16v TDI. Seriously, if I were in a position to spend ~$20k on a tdi I'd take this deal over just about anything else out there.

AWD, 250+ WHP with a FMIC, 2260, injectors and some special sauce. :)

Put the Jetta on the Dyno this afternoon:

We did 3 pulls and they were all pretty close together, the best run was 301hp and 440Ft/Lbs.

And here is a graph comparing the stock power to now, we have made pretty good progress!

Here is the spec we have now:

2.0 16v BKD PD140 Engine
Darkside GTB2260Vk Turbo Kit with Tubular Manifold and 3" Downpipe
Darkside Race PD Injectors
Darkside FMIC Kit with S3 Intercooler and Alloy Pipework
Darkside EGR Delete Race Pipe (Retaining ASV)
Milltek 3" Non-Resonated Exhaust System with Twin 76mm Jet Silencer
Darkside Developments Re-Map with MAF and EGR Delete

301BHP & 440Ft/Lbs – Dyno Proven
From: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3563285#post3563285

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Ball park figure 25-27k for a 200 hp BKD. A full on BKD engined car with peloquin locking trans and rear diff, 300 hp engine you are talking 33-35k That will be one bad 4motion car. I don't think any gasser could touch it. The water damage is limited to the vr6 engine hence why I bought the car. I drained engine, trans and rear diff and found only a small amount of water in all components. Just a little came out when I loosened the drain plugs. Not a river of water, like I have seen before. This is a very clean, low mile 54k body, with the exception of the bumper damaged by the shipper which I will fix. The cluster works, windows roll up and down as does the sunroof.

Last edited:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
How much for a BKD by itself?!?! And where did you source the TDI 4MO transmission?

What are you gonna do about the rear diff which is "supposed" to be tdi specific?

Watching this with MAJOR interest!!!!

TDIinCharlotte

TDI
Golf GLS, '00, black (sold and missed)
A 300WHP AWD R32 TDI would kick some serious butt on a track.
All that weight and torque would cost you a fortune in tires and brakes and be no faster than any other ~3500lb, 300WHP AWD Turbo car such as a stock EVO or STI. Not to say that is anything to be ashamed of...;)

I think that it would kick serious butt on the street as a daily driver where the low end torque, traction to use it at slower speeds, and economy (relative) can be exploited... and you can still take it to a track day once in a while without being a rolling chicane. :cool:

Either way it is a highly desirable combination... very cool.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
From what I have read the transfer box and rear diff are 1.6:1 so all the gearing is in the trans. I have a couple options for the trans. I can get a drw 6 speed and use the parts from a tt 1.8 quatro trans and make a tdi trans. Or I can use a drw 6 speed trans and swap the gear and bell housing from the r32 trans. I have sourced a tdi 4 motion 6 speed trans and rear diff. I have seen them for sale on UK ebay. Not sure about the block yet I haven't seen any signs of block damage. I believe the vr6 engine is rebuildable. PM or email me is your interested in buying it.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
R32 bell housing = 6 cylinder bell housing, so it won't bolt to a 4 cylinder engine.

And yeah, I've read the same thing about the MKIV rear diffs, but no one can tell me why VW made a specific rear diff for tdi's and a different one for gassers...

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
ETKA shows 4 part numbers:

02D 525 010 AE VR6
02D 525 010 AF 2.SLOW
02D 525 010 AG ATD,ASZ,ARL,AJM (all diesel)
02D 525 010 AH AGR (diesel)

If you try and look up the gear sets it simply says "not a spare part" and points you to the above part numbers.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
02D 525 010 AE VR6 all gas engines with 6 speed trans (include V5 and 1.8T)
02D 525 010 AF 2.SLOW gas engines with 5 speed trans
02D 525 010 AG ATD,ASZ,ARL,AJM (all diesel) all diesels with 6 speed trans
02D 525 010 AH AGR (diesel) * all diesels with 5 speed trans

I've just modified what greengeeker wrote to include some more info (in bold). As I understand it the 4 different diffs can be broken down as such:

2 diffs for gas engines, one for 6 speed, one for 5 speed
2 diffs for diesel engines, one for 6 speed one for 5 speed

I'm sorry, I cannot remember the "rule" for the angle drive off the top of my head, but I am almost 100% sure the p/n for the complete diesel angle drive is different than p/n for the gas 4 cylinder one... Which leads me to believe there is something fundamentally different about the diesel set-up (angle drive and rear diff).

The above is ALL I know on the subject. Everyone keeps telling me, "you'll be fine if you run the angle drive and rear diff from the same car and it doesn't matter what car that comes from". What I want to have answered is WHY then would VW make SO many different configurations if they could have saved a bunch of money and ran the same diff in all their cars?

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
I do know that VW will show different part numbers for the same part. I have found this out from my local VW part dealer. According to the self study guide the transporter is 2.5 vs the golf is 1.6 ratio. The transporter also has a beefier transfer box and locking rear diff. I agree that if you have the same transfer box and rear diff matching from same car then you will be ok. There are also different pressures in the haldex control unit between the golf and transporter. These differences could account for the different part numbers.