2010 JSW 6MT Candy White - New Hampshire

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
2010 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT Candy White - New Hampshire

SOLD!!! This car is has been purchased by a class act family man from the Bay State. Wishing he and his family many happy miles in this beautiful car. I pointed him towards TDIClub for enthusiast support - hopefully we will see him turn up!

For sale is one 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI in superb nearly new condition inside and out. The car was purchased new in February 2010, and I am the original owner. The car has the following configuration:

• 2.0L CR TDI
  • 6-speed Manual Transmission
  • Base Model - no sunroof to leak or repair! No pricey Nav system that's already obsolete!
  • Premium 8 Touchscreen Radio with Sirus Satellite subscribed through March 2012
  • VW OEM Splashguards Front & Rear
  • VW OEM Cloth Floormats in original unused condition
    • Optional R-Line Monster Mats (Set of 4, +$80)
    • Optional VW OEM Cargo Liner (+$50)
  • Diesel Geek Panzer Plate Front Skidplate
  • Choice of wheels:
    • 16" Bioline Wheels with Nokian Hakka R snow tires (75% tread), or
    • 17" Porto wheels with Continental ProContact Tires (90% tread, +$400)
    • Both, +$700
The car runs and drives beautifully - I have followed DBW's break-in procedures and generally get 45+ mpg on the highway. The car has never been in an accident - FREE CARFAX Report @ my Autotrader ad shows a perfect history with regular dealer maintenance.

Mileage is 57,000 miles, however, low engine hours and gentle highway use make this an ideal pre-owned car compared to a short-haul driven TDI with fewer miles! This car was used almost exclusively to commute 200 miles round trip daily on newly paved smooth interstate highways across NH (virtually 100% highway miles cruising @ 65+mph). Therefore, engine hours and drivetrain/chassis wear and tear are quite low. The brakes and clutch are in very good condition, DPF has been treated very nicely, and the suspension and vehicle in general are still tight and like new since it drove nice long runs on all brand-new asphalt surfaces (just paved courtesy of American Reinvestment & Recovery Act).

I have meticulously maintained this vehicle and it is in outstanding condition both inside and out. The car has had all scheduled maintenance performed at Tulley VW through 36k miles, and by myself using proper procedures and tools for the 40k and 50k service intervals. The car is up to date on all TSB's including the cold-weather intercooler kit and fuel line damper installation.

Meguiar's detailing products were used during regular wash/wax and detailing of the car. The paint is in great shape with no dents, dings, or scratches, and shines like new when clean. There are some small stone chips on the nose typical of most cars that see the highway, and 2 rather small nicks in the paint on the rear bumper near the hatch opening.

The interior is also in great shape - Cornsilk V-Tex seats are all in great condition without stains or wear marks - carpets are immaculate, non-smoker cabin still smells new inside. In particular, the Cornsilk interior still looks like new after 57k because I was the only person in the car commuting with just a briefcase, and cared for the interior regularly.

Asking price is $18,597 or best offer for this car which includes $500 worth of add-ons (Panzer Plate and Splashguards). Car is located in NH - please PM or call 603.252.6373 and leave a detailed message if you are interested.

Special Note: Chassis Hours -vs- Miles as an indicator of wear/condition
Over the last 1950 miles (normal use), "Trip 2" average speed is 55mph, therefore estimated engine/chassis hours are low @ ~1050 hrs. These low hours are similar to urban/short-trip vehicles with half the mileage on them, and without the chassis wear and tear caused by repeated stops, starts, and turns over potholed & broken surface streets! Again, low hours and gentle highway use make this an ideal pre-owned car compared to a short-haul driven TDI with fewer miles!

UPDATE 11/25 - NEW PICTURES! As of Thanksgiving Day the car has been cleaned with clay bar and waxed in a warm garage, and interior detailed. Come and get it!!

UPDATE 11/27 - FREE CARFAX! FREE CARFAX Report can be viewed at my AutoTrader Ad (Click to View)

Last edited:

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
UPDATE - New lower asking price is $19,097. Mileage ~56,600.

There was a small mishap with the car the other day :eek:. I have a very steep driveway and apparently left the car out of gear while parked. I had the parking brake on hard enough to hold the car on the hill for at least 15 minutes after parking (I was unloading and working outside around the car), but eventually it crept down the hill and was found nudged up against the lower plastic front bumper and left front tire of my pickup :eek:. The parking brake was still on quite firmly, and the cars barely kissed. My truck was fortunately unscathed - however, the VW suffered minor cosmetic insult :(.

There are some very, very small faint marks from the truck tire on the leading right front corner of the bumper cover and the right headlight has a couple small scratches, no cracks. The bumper cover is not dented, however the paint was flexed enough to develop some small microcracks in a small area. The paint and headlight can be ~80% fixed with compounding, or 100% fixed by replacement of the headlight housing and repainting the bumper cover. For myself, the damage is so minor that I don't plan to fix it.

I am lowering the price $500 as allowance for the damage - my loss could be your gain :).

EDIT: Pictures of the damaged area are now posted below, however, it is very hard to show such minor damage in the pictures. Those interested should come see the car for yourself - its still a beauty!! ;) :D

Last edited:

Niner

duplicate account, banned
What was the conclusion on the low compression on cylinder #3 after a hard start /hydrolock, that you posted up on about a year ago?

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
Compression = GOOD, Niner = WRONG

Trollz in my threadz - spreading WRONG INFO :(.
Must be my reward for being a meticulous owner and active forum member :rolleyes:?? Serves me right!! :p

Compression test shows engine is fine - cylinder 3 does not have low compression. All cylinders are within 3% (0.9 bar) of each other and at upper end of new factory specification. VW specified range is 31.0-25.0 bar when new. On my car, #3 tested lowest @ 29.8 bar, which is still in the upper 25% of the original factory spec.

I had it checked for peace of mind due to intercooler icing & water ingestion, however, in truth the engine has never shown any symptoms of bad compression whatsoever. The test merely confirmed the engine is fine - its runs as strong and smooth as the day it was new :). Better actually - its broken in! :D

Last edited:

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
UPDATE: Odometer now reads ~58,000 miles. Fuel line TSB was done a couple weeks ago by Tulley VW. Car is running like a top!

Price drop to $18,597 - if you like the car, lets make a deal :)

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
UPDATE: This car will be headed to the trade-in lot shortly. If anyone wants to buy it, now is your chance to deal with the original owner. Price negotiable - lets move this. As a pre-owned TDI, this car is about as nice as they come. :)

Price drop to $18,497 :)

Last edited:

torqueit

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
It's a great looking ride, Granite, and there is no doubt you are exactly the kind of owner you'd like to buy from.

Good luck!

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
^^^ Thanks for the kind words 2010_Jetta_TDI - I appreciate it! ^^^

UPDATE:
I finally took some pictures of the damaged area. However, the damage is so minor it won't show up on smaller resolution pictures on this forum. So I'll describe it again :)

Headlight: has a few faint scratches that would would come out pretty nicely with a 3M kit.

Bumper cover: was pushed on by my pickup tire on the top right leading edge where the body lines meet, just under the high-beam. Cover was flexed and sprung back to 99% correct position. Paint relatively undamaged, save for a few very small faint scratches, and the flexure was enough to cause a very small area of microcracks to develop. Paint still looks great as the close-ups show, but a respray would be needed to be perfect.

I've got original high resolution photos for anyone interested, but you can't see much on those either. The damage is so minor it is really easier to see in person if you are serious about the car...

So - still a beautiful car, still a great price. Still headed for trade-in soon, so speak up or hold your peace!

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Very nice car....I'm surprised RC hasn't pulled the trigger on this nice ride-it is his color,you know;).. Whatcha trading it for if it doesn't sell? Another TDI? Good luck on whatever you end up doing....

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
Hi Merle! The car is available, but not for long before it goes to trade, and a couple interested buyers are circling overhead that may pick it up. Sending you a PM with my contact info - call soon is my advice!!

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
No sweat! PM = private message. Check the upper right corner of your TDIClub browser area when logged in. Just under your User Name - Private Messages - Notifications = 1. Just sent you an e-mail as well...

Last edited: