www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old October 24th, 2011, 08:54   #1
cr4zy3lgato
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta 2000
Fuel Economy: 40 MPG
Default ALH Silicone Hose Kit

Sorry if it as been already covered, but i've searched for silicone radiator hoses for ALH engine and can't find anything...

I'm a little surprised that with all the hoses in the engine bay no one replaced the rubber yet, my Jetta is slowly leaking rad fluid (i have to fill from min to max every two or three weeks) so i want to replace all plastic fittings and did'nt really wanted to put the old hoses back...

while we're at it, isn't there performance thermostats that open faster?
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:22   #2
Lex4TDI4Life
Veteran Member

A few observations:

1. Do you know for sure that your coolant leak is due to a degraded hose? Water pumps and thermostats are the most likely leak points from what I have seen.

2. If your hoses really are degrading, that would be a likely sign of a fuel leak. Diesel degrades rubber.

3. Most folks around here are looking for a thermostat that opens later to enhance mpg. Are you spiking your coolant temp that quickly?
RC2, Bosch T4-764 injectors, OMI, SBC Stg 2 Clutch, Koni FSDs, TT LCA Bushings, The Mystery Bar, Dieselgeek Panzer Plate, Elephant Hose, DG Race Pipe, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge, Boostvalve,Fumoto Valve, Mufflerectomy, Scangauge II
Lex4TDI4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:38   #3
tyrone shoelaces

well if you read what he posted he never actually said that the hoses were suspect of leaking just that he would like to replace them, due to preventative maintinence i'm assuming, while he had everything apart. I've also looked for silicone hoses either coolant or air and have not found any kit availabe for either, but the only thing i found that you could do is buy sections/pieces and make your own kit as they sell 30, 45, 90 deg elbows and striaght pieces of all sizes.