www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old October 31st, 2011, 08:34   #31
techlogik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdidubbin View Post
soo i did the malone chip this weekend ,,,,,,HOLY F#@K i lovee itt,, soo much pull!

Are you manual or DSG?
techlogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:35   #32
tdidubbin

TDI(s): mk4 golf

manual
tdidubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:18   #33
Harinder
Veteran Member

Default what stage of tune and how much did it cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdidubbin View Post
soo i did the malone chip this weekend ,,,,,,HOLY F#@K i lovee itt,, soo much pull!
What stage of malone tuen did u do and how much did it cost around if u do not mind me asking
HID High/low/fog Beams (8000, 120000,6000)
Cold Air intake w/ cone
2.5" Downpipe straight through to muffler pipe
H&R lowering Springs 1.5
Velco G60/VR6 clutch
VW OEM T4 Transporter VE .216 Injector Nozzle Set
Brembo rotors (front/rear) with ceramic pads
OEM euroswitch combo with LED mod
Window remote mod
Frost Heater 1500 Watt
FMIC
Harinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:18   #34
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

lets keep in mind OP had a PD motor, ALH's behave different with same tune.
2010 JSW wagon DSG loaded
2003 golf auto
diesel-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 17:19   #35
clamb
Veteran Member

I am kerma tuned and charlie has really refined his PD tunes (I have test driven quite a few and the final product is smoother than stock in terms of boost control). Having previously owned a alh with veg 216 nozzles and a kerma tune i will say that I miss that alh! The PD is more refined but the ALH pulled much harder (dynoed at 140hp and 263 ft/lbs). I will have to get my PD dynoed to confirm (or deny) my opinion.
Old November 6th, 2011, 17:30   #36
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

I have to agree with TDIMeister as most people do not hop from one tuner to the next on their car.

I did have an Upsolute tune on my car as back in 2000 it seemed like there were not many options. Then I found out about RocketChip and then I went with RocketChip. Within one tuner there is a little difference in how the tune feels and the tuners tend to get better and better at what they do. I liked RC1, then RC2, RC3 was really nice to drive, then new turbo and RC4 and I can see Jeff is getting very good at this as I can see things that are in the tune based on how my boost gauge responds: it is like my boost gauge has a peg at 26 psi unless I really change conditions quickly I can get it to jump to 30psi.

Yes my car with RC3, stock turbo, and pp520's was just shy of 140hp, with RC4 I am 150hp and 250ft-lb torque,
Wavetrac LSD, PP520's with RC4, VNT17/22, Flying Kasper FMIC 3" OMI, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote