www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > OBD Scanners

OBD Scanners Discussions on using On Board Diagnostic (OBD) scanners/ Diagnostic Equipment related to TDIs

Old October 6th, 2011, 22:02   #1
detroitdieselpower

Exclamation P0102 Error code, cant get rid of it!

Hello everyone, I purchased a 2006 Jetta TDi about 6 months ago and since then Iíve driven it about 25K miles. I recently decide to install a subwoofer and amplifier. After doing so, before I could even drive the car out the driveway, the CEL came on! I thought it was no big deal because I took the air cleaner box out (thatís the whole housing of the air filter) and maybe I put it back together wrong. I took it to my mechanic and he pulled the code P0102 MAF Circuit Low Input.... so he said to change the MAF sensor and we did. Once the new MAF (after market) was installed he cleared the code and it was fine until I turned the car completely off and restarted it, it would come right back! So we took it to his friends (another nearby mechanic) who had a hi-tech $4K scanner and it read the same thing but also mentioned G-70?? He noticed that the hose that runs from the turbo charger to the air intake was cracked/leaking oil so he changed that and he cleaned the EGR and exhaust manifold. Still no luck! I'm pretty sure it has to do with the air cleaner box because I took it out and right after that the CEL came on. Today I decided to take a look so I removed the cover and the air filter and noticed that on the left side there is a little lever sort of thing that opens and shuts a hole. Could that be broke? I haven't really noticed any power loss with or with out the MAF plugged in. Pleases help any info would be appreciated. Iíll try to upload some pics soon! Thanks Ed
detroitdieselpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 22:47   #2
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

It might be worth trying some switch cleaner in the contacts in the plug for the maf.

Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:14   #3
detroitdieselpower

Wont that hurt the plug? But i too beagan to think the plug is the issue. Thanks Ed
detroitdieselpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 11:32   #4
BobnOH
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdieselpower View Post
Wont that hurt the plug? But i too beagan to think the plug is the issue. Thanks Ed
no, use a cleaner made for electric connectors
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote