How to Google Search the Forums

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
If you want to use Google to search the forums, try this.

1) Open a Google search page.

2) Copy and past into the search box "site:forums.tdiclub.com:" (no quotes) and hit enter. Now Google is in the TDI Club Forums.

3) Enter your specific search term(s) at the end of "site:forums.tdiclub.com:" (no quotes)

Example: site:forums.tdiclub.com: brakes (always put a space between the colon and the search term).

Multiple search words work as well.

Bookmark #2 and you'll always be there with a single click.

Last edited:

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
What's the difference between this and the results you get when you go to Search:Advanced Search on this site and scroll all the way to the bottom under Google Search?

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
What's the difference between this and the results you get when you go to Search:Advanced Search on this site and scroll all the way to the bottom under Google Search?
Exactly, there's generally no need for anything else.:D

I very seldom use the Google search at the bottom, since I find that the TDI search works great especially since you can limit the date range, forum, and poster of your search. I also use boolean search expressions to further refine the results.

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
One word searches work ok, but Google handles multiple word searches better in my opinion.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
You can achieve the same results slightly quicker from a Google search box by typing search term or terms site:tdiclub.com.

And in case you haven't figured it out, this will work for any site - whatever you put after "site:", will be the only place that Google looks for your search terms.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
For all you frustrated searchers out there, the Advaned Search on this forum does not work well.
Another solution to the google search options listed above is to use their advanced search engine.

Google Advanced Search
Be sure to fill in the site or domain field with tdiclub.com (or vwvortex.com), the rest is pretty self explanatory.
The results will be much better than a forum site search.

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Brake LMGTFY

The site:xyx.com works great for any web site, or forum and often does provide better results for multiple words than the search engine built into each forum.