www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2011

TDIFest 2011 Discussion about TDIFest 2011 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4th, 2011) in Lexington, KY.

Old September 6th, 2011, 14:53   #1
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Default Thank you

To all that came to visit us in Lexington, a sincere thank you. It was SO nice to see y'all in my adopted neck of the woods.

The hotel was complimentary of our group as a whole, and we are invited back anytime.......

To all those that made the TDIFest 2011 doable, allow me to say thanks. Below is a list of folks that allowed me to shine due to their competence.

Rich Corbett-Financials

Tim Hunter-Registration/OSCommerce issues

Peter and Julie Storey-TDIFest Pins, Awards, and general help

Steven Clem- Arrangements for the pig roast, and helping to put the Scenic Drive together

Jon Bartlett- Management of the Show n Shine, and putting together a new system for this event

Last but not least, my general helpers.
Aaron Bruckelmeyer
Luke Shell
Clint Shell
Kevin Bowling

Oh, yeah. Can't forget some dame named Zippy . She came from the Left Coast to hold my hand and to occasionally tell me to take a deep breath. She jumped in and helped where needed....Thanks, Shalon.

Our speakers were amazing. Y'all received them very well. Thanks Frank Irving, Brian Johnston, and Chris Hill.

A special thanks to my family. My wife Cheryl, daughter Evan, and G'daughter Rachel took very good care of the raffle and auction tables all weekend.

Fred, it was an honor. Thanks for all your help.

I'm looking forward to seeing my old AND new friends at the next TDIFest.

Bruce

Last edited by paramedick; September 6th, 2011 at 14:56.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:06   #2
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47

Bruce, let me say as only my second TDIFest attended/planned I enjoyed this one much more then my first. I know how hard you worked for many months and it showed in the outcome of this TDIFest. Even in times of stress you were able to smile and keep the fest moving smoothly, if I wasn't behind the scenes I wouldn't have known there were any stress points.
Glad things with the hotel worked out, as a whole it was a good venue despite having to walk the stairs a few times . Their staff was always smiling even in the late hours and mix-ups.
Although I was glad to help with the registration and planning I am looking forward to relaxing for the next TDIFest and just being a regular attendee!

Please tell Cheryl, Evan and Rachel how much I appreciated having them there, they were always in good spirits and allowed me to do one less task. Also Kevin (korndawg) for jumping in and helping anyone that had problems with their car (even last minute) while he was running around performing 100 other tasks in support of the fest, he was tireless this weekend and I hope he earned a day to sleep in.
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:07   #3
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

And thank YOU, Bruce, for a great weekend!!!
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:08   #4
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Do you have an idea of the turn out this year compared to past fests?
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:13   #5
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Bruce, this fest was a success because of you. without your efforts, this fest would have been in jeopardy.

Thank you.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:17   #6
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeker View Post
Do you have an idea of the turn out this year compared to past fests?
The official numbers were 164 regular registrations, and 74 companion registrations. There were probably a few more. On Sunday, I just told new folks to enjoy......

I don't have the numbers for other fests. I do know that this was very close to Cinci.

Last edited by paramedick; September 6th, 2011 at 15:20.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 15:53   #7
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Great job, guys! I had a great time, really loved the area and thought you had a great agenda. Some of the format and time changes were a refreshing change and I think the overall layout was outstanding.

My only gripe was the quality of the hotel's food, but that's a small complaint once everything else is taken into consideration. Everything else about the venue was very nice.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 16:00   #8
mo_focus
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 84 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
My only gripe was the quality of the hotel's food, but that's a small complaint once everything else is taken into consideration. Everything else about the venue was very nice.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
we had breakfast the on Friday morning and decided we should not eat there anymore! ate at the bookstore cafe the rest of the time and ofcourse the fish place was awsome as well.

Great place, great time and great ppl! feel sorry for Mrvermin lossing his keys and the blue Jetta had hit his oil pan. Hopefully it didnt cost those guys lot of money!
Old September 6th, 2011, 16:23   #9
jdhunt0
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005.5 Jetta

Thanks Bruce! I enjoyed my first TDIFest and hope to be able to make it to the next one.

My car also seems to be running better after its "douce"
Old September 6th, 2011, 16:39   #10
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick View Post
The official numbers were 164 regular registrations, and 74 companion registrations. There were probably a few more. On Sunday, I just told new folks to enjoy......

I don't have the numbers for other fests. I do know that this was very close to Cinci.
I know we had several walk ups on Sat/Sun bringing registrations closer to 170, we had ~17 no shows due to unforeseen circumstances, so ~155 registrations + 75 companions in attendance
Old September 6th, 2011, 16:56   #11
owr084
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick View Post

How many TDIs does that translate into?
Old September 6th, 2011, 17:01   #12
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

I can't be sure, i didn't check in a TDI, just a user

Should have been close to that number, although some were not able to drive and some didn't bring or have a TDI, I know there were over 100 around the lot.
Old September 6th, 2011, 17:10   #13
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

I'd estimate around 120.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 17:23   #14
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

Bruce did a fantastic job this is not an easy task. You can not please everyone every fest has that every fest is different. To get TDIers from all walks of life together and help Fred keep this site free is not an easy feat.

We all gather good info on how to keep these TDIs running well and this is how we return our appreciation to those whom keep things running smoothly. As a group we only meet for 3 days a year, but daily we are only a key stroke away from help.

Interesting how things transpire.
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:06   #15
krauthammer

Lexington Ky was a great time, the scenic drive was one of my favorite parts. The Old historic district was fabulous and the quaint pubs and bars in downtown. Spent half of Monday touring the Kentucky horse park, and taking another scenic drive around horse country. I think I could live in Lexington if not for the fact it's 9 hour drive to the beach ! Thank you to everyone that took the time to put this together. I plan on returning to Lexington in October just for the hell of it. I really need about two or three more days to see all the city has to offer.
krauthammer is offline   Reply With Quote