www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old August 17th, 2011, 22:44   #1
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

Default FS: 1998 Beetle parts car minus the 5-speed trans (SF Bay Area)

FS: 1998 Beetle parts car minus the 5-speed trans (SF Bay Area)

My 1998 Beetle will be donating its 5-speed transmission to my other vehicle.

The remainder of the Beetle will be up for sale as a whole unit.
This Beetle had recently been my daily driver. It currently has 186K miles on it.

-At 150K miles I purchased it from the original owner
-At 151K miles it got a timing belt change by drivbiwire
-At 155K miles it got Sprint 520 nozzles
-At 160K miles it got Rocketchip 2/3
-At 175K miles it got a new head gasket and lifters by fixumrich at his shop in Portland.
-At 177K miles I was traveling 35MPH when I encountered an unmarked 15MPH turn. I brushed the guardrail with my wife sitting in the passenger seat. The airbags did not deploy. We suffered a bent tie rod, lost the windshield washer fluid, lost AC, lost a headlight cover. The tie rod was replaced by fixumrich and the car was sent for professional realignment.

The original owner had it serviced by the dealer with the proper oil showing on the receipts. I fed it Mobil1 Truck/SUV and then Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40.

This is the ideal conversion motor due to its vintage.
The 1998 ALH from the Beetle does not have the IMMO immobilization feature.

Come drive it and make me an offer, or don't come drive it and make me a site unseen offer.
Whatever the case may be, send me your offers.
I'll get things started and throw out a number, so let's get to talking.
$3,000 OBO (up or down)

This car will be dismantled for the 5-speed swap this coming Sunday, 08/21, so make contact with me to arrange a test drive before it becomes inoperable. The car is located in Vacaville, CA.
FOR SALE:
1998 New Beetle (minus 5-speed trans parts)

Last edited by 02AutoWag; August 17th, 2011 at 23:17.
02AutoWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:08   #2
Left Coast Resident
Ubẽr Clubbie

Free bump for Russ -- no hidden agenda involved. So Rich put you in, in front of my car. I knew it. Rich, you can't hide from me! Oh, and bump for a great mechanic! There's a reason I drive up to see Rich!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AutoWag View Post
<SNIP> At 175K miles it got a new head gasket and lifters by fixumrich at his shop in Portland.
-At 177K miles I was traveling 35MPH when I encountered an unmarked 15MPH turn. I brushed the guardrail with my wife sitting in the passenger seat. The airbags did not deploy. We suffered a bent tie rod, lost the windshield washer fluid, lost AC, lost a headlight cover. The tie rod was replaced by fixumrich and the car was sent for professional realignment.
<SNIP>
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweat diesel View Post
<SNIP> it will be new years before u get it back mooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaha
"What luck for rulers that men don't think. And don't drive with Dave, no matter what!" -- attributed to Adolf H. ... "I yam what I yam not." -- If Popeye was Nietzsche ... "Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything" -- attributed to Joseph Stalin, not to DOK
Left Coast Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 23:19   #3
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Resident View Post
Free bump for Russ -- no hidden agenda involved. So Rich put you in, in front of my car. I knew it. Rich, you can't hide from me! Oh, and bump for a great mechanic! There's a reason I drive up to see Rich!
Rich and I are off the hook on this one. He worked on the car in late 2009. Best of luck Al.
FOR SALE:
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:50   #4
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

This car will be harvested for its 5-speed transmission parts this weekend, Sunday evening (08/21) or Monday morning (08/22).

If you want to drive it, please contact me soon.
FOR SALE: