Anyone had the horn fuse blow yet?

mwayner69

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
My horn stopped working today and I'm curious if anyone has had the fuse blow on theirs? I'd like to not have to pull several fuses, but want to save a trip to the dealer too. Anyone know which fuse is for the horn?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
I am going to guess he did - not complaining about the engine shutting down and not being able to restart. :)

Sorry I can't help you on the fuse location - I think I have read in other threads that the dealer will give you the fuse map if you ask.

mwayner69

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
Yes I had the recall done. I've heard that too, but I asked for one when I had a fuse blow while on vacation and they didn't have one. I'll call my dealer and see if they have them. I was hoping to save a trip. I may start checking fuses tonight looking for it.

flyerchic2000

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Nav Manual
Horn is intermittant

My horn is intermittant. it doesnt work when I lock the car or on steering wheel. this happened a couple days ago and It started working again. I havent checked the fuses yet. i have had the recall performed on the car.

Anyone experience this?

mwayner69

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG
Mine wasn't a fuse. The horn itself failed. They took one off of a new car on the lot to replace mine. Got it fixed a few months ago. It started by being intermittant, then it stopped working completely.

flyerchic2000

TDI
horn

mine isnt intermittant anymore. it completely stopped working. im due for an oil change so ill have them look it.

flyerchic2000

TDI
So I went in for my oil change and dealer said horn had a short in it so they replaced it. It was not a fuse.

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I had the same issue where the horn would work sometimes. One day it just stopped working all together and ended up having the horn replaced.

copilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
My horn also stopped working. Guess it's only good for a month and a half. Hopefully the replacement will last a little longer.

marc77777

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf GTI black/black
Mine didn't work ever, they replaced it but I was kind of wishing they hadn't, sounds terrible. I eventually replaced it with an aftermarket to give it more that european sound.

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I had mmy horn replaced with less than 10k miles on a 2012 Jetta TDI. I have seen in numerous forums people having issues with the horn. It would be better to go back to the dealer so it can be fixed and noted in there records. In case you have the same issue after warranty.

jet-tdi

TDI
2012 JETTA prem W sun roof
My horn Just stoped working also. Its scheduled for inspection in a few days. See what the dealer says. Sound like VW has issues with them?

magoo6541

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My horn also failed maybe 4 months after I bought it.

I noticed it when I locked my doors and it didn't honk. I liked it not honking so I didn't bring it up until I tried to honk at another driver and didn't work.

VW replaced it under warranty.

marc77777

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf GTI black/black
My horn also failed maybe 4 months after I bought it.
I noticed it when I locked my doors and it didn't honk. I liked it not honking so I didn't bring it up until I tried to honk at another driver and didn't work.
VW replaced it under warranty.
From what the dealer told me there are 2 horns, 1 for the horn button on the steering and a seperate horn for when you lock the doors.
I only know this because my horn didn't work when I bought the car but it would sound when I would lock the doors (I eventually disabled this one though).

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
r but it would sound when I would lock the doors (I eventually disabled this one though).
How'd you disconnect it... I tried via VCDS and it wouldn't... I figured it was due to KESSY... I HATE the honk for lock.

I use my horn a LOT though, (there's a really bad intersection on my way to work that people in the left turn lane go straight... cutting me off... I drive through that intersection now with my hand already on the horn ready to hit it (I probably do it 4-5 times a week). No issues yet...

jet-tdi

TDI
2012 JETTA prem W sun roof
Dealer just replaced my horn today. No fuse issues just a bad horn. Hope the 2nd one lasts more than 5 months?

Indy11TDI

TDI
'11 Jetta
I bought my '11 TDI just a couple weeks ago and didn't test the horn, but now realize it isn't working either. I checked the fuses and they are all good.

I plan on just picking up a good aftermarket dual horn instead of the wimpy OEM.